What mod is this that exploded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueBasilisk

Jan 8, 2017
I'm assuming almost the same thing happened here as what happened to the kid who used a sub on a hybrid and sent his tank into the ceiling.

Which goes along with what @Train2 said
551900_630x354.jpg

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Able - AV may be Avid Life - the authentic, but there's a million clones, and I'm pretty certain they're all Hybrid connections...
That's a risky setup - click/boom, he got a hard short, as can happen if the 510 pin isn't right in a hybrid.
If I had to guess it's one of two things.
  • Didn't have an extended pin
  • Adjustable pin that backed back in when he attached the device

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Too many factors not shown, plus you can see where it wasn't working and he was fiddling with it before it popped.

I'd bet my next paycheck it was totally user error
Assuredly. I have an Able, and with the right battery, the right atomizer, and the right build, they are nearly as safe as any mod on the market.

Ergo, he was using a bad atty or a bad battery, or a bad build.

More likely, a combination of these things...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Assuredly. I have an Able, and with the right battery, the right atomizer, and the right build, they are nearly as safe as any mod on the market.

Ergo, he was using a bad atty or a bad battery, or a bad build.

More likely, a combination of these things...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yep.

The Abel is a direct to battery device.
For advanced users only.

I have two. Clones.
Its an awesome device when used properly, but like a chainsaw it can be dangerous when used incorrectly.
20160806_194142-1.jpg

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate language

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
just curious as to what batts will blow like that? i thought most of the new safer chemestry 18650s just vented?

There is no way an IMR chemistry batt can blow with that much force. Even if confined inside the tube how does it break that huge ceramic basin and then fly all the way towards the wall?? Check YouTube for videos of battery venting, nothing like that.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
There is no way an IMR chemistry batt can blow with that much force. Even if confined inside the tube how does it break that huge ceramic basin and then fly all the way towards the wall?? Check YouTube for videos of battery venting, nothing like that.

2+2=5 [emoji102]
Not that this has anything to do with the case you're talking about, but a venting battery can fly like a rocket. I would be skeptical too but I've seen the evidence with my own two eyes. It happened to an acquaintance of mine.

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
I won't pretend to know that.

I'm not saying it's not going to cause any damage at all. In this case, the damage is just like a Scene from tom and Jerry. That too from a single 18650. Anyway, someday I might find that out being reckless with builds [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If you're using a single-battery mech that's stupid low. An accident waiting to happen. And while "safe chemistry" batteries don't usually blow up, they can. And in any case, if the battery gets trapped in the tube from it swelling and the venting gasses don't have a way to escape (as most mechs have their vent holes wrongly placed at the bottom) the top cap/atty will shoot out like a projectile (pretty much as any firearms function).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
If you're using a single-battery mech that's stupid low. An accident waiting to happen. And while "safe chemistry" batteries don't usually blow up, they can. And in any case, if the battery gets trapped in the tube from it swelling and the venting gasses don't have a way to escape (as most mechs have their vent holes wrongly placed at the bottom) the top cap/atty will shoot out like a projectile (pretty much as any firearms function).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Yes that can happen, but I just don't see a single cell causing all that damage in that post which has gone viral all over the place.

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Reactions: nocigsnomore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread