What mod is this that exploded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Since some believe that public perception is what matters, I would like to know concrete real life examples of what you do to put vaping in a "good light" to the public. It's pretty easy to point fingers at the poor charred saps and blame them for your woes, but what are you doing about it?

[Edit: I actually just noticed what subforum this is in. Philosophical questions are probably better off elsewhere. sooorrry. But I'll leave it here anyway.]

Thats right back to square one where you allow false image and perception to cloud the truth.

I feel some people fear true free choice, so they knowingly support outside control of their lives so they can shirk responsibility when things go south.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Thats right back to square one where you allow false image and perception to cloud the truth.

I feel some people fear true free choice, so they knowingly support outside control of their lives so they can shirk responsibility when things go south.
That is correct. You get a gold star.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
If I could wave a magic wand and guarantee no mech mod ever exploded again, it wouldn't make the powers that be accept vaping.

If we could guarantee that there are no harmful emissions when vaping, it wouldn't make the powers that be accept vaping.

If suddenly there were no flavors in e-liquid, it wouldn't make the powers that be accept vaping.

They don't care about your health and well being, that's just the story they use so the general public will support them.

If the fate of vaping were up to a popular vote, then public perception might matter. Even then, I'd rather stick to the truth than placate the lies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Why do people use mechs over regulated mods? Is the difference that noticeable?
The Government and FDA pushed me to Mech's due to them trying to kill Vaping. Which I ended up loving them for the following reasons.

• Direct and pure DC power provides a very smooth Vape.
  • Hobby side, I really enjoy building the right build and the satisfaction of enjoying what I built.
  • A quality Mechanical Mod is beautiful.
  • Durability, they'll outlast me.
  • Simplicity of them.
  • I am responsible for my own safety, not a chip or someone churning out mass quantities at slave labor wages.

Yes there is a difference in the way the power is delivered.

Volvos are safe and will reach the speed limit easily, yet not everyone chooses to drive one.
;)

I personally prefer mechanicals.
^^This
Nope.
The lower contact doesnt push the battery. (Otherwise the battery would rattle around when the button is released)
Once the battery and atty are installed the battery doesn't move.
The throw of the switch is stopped by the end of the button. The soft copper or brass contact only moves to touch the cell.
It only closes the gap, it doesnt push the cell and more force wont make it move farther.
At least thats how it works on the 130+ mechs I own.
;)
Please show me an example if you know of one and Ill be happy to show you how it works.
Yep
There's a few reasons.

As mentioned, some people prefer the direct current of a mech to the pulsing of a regulated mod.
Some people just like the looks.
Some like the hobby aspect of mechs.
For me, I switched to mechs because I never wanted to deal with a failed chip in my mod again. With proper maintenance my mechs will outlive me.
I'm sure there are more reasons too.
Yep
I am 100% responsible and safe when I use my mechanicals.

I can use them safely (obviously as I own close to 130 of them).

I am not alone. Many responsible adults safely use mechs every day.

We took time to educate ourselves.
It wasnt hard.

Why would I, or any responsible adult want to ban a perfectly safe tool, just because a few reckless, uneducated idiots blew their devices up because they were too lazy to spend a few hours learning to use the tool before shoving it into a facial orifice?
That would be bat-:censored: crazy!

The lunatics do not get to run the asylum

FYI: I could easily use that device in that pic safely.:)
^^^This

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread