What nic level do you Vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I don't think it makes much difference in what Nic level the juice is that you vape ... What is more important is how many mg of nicotine you vape per day (24 hour period).

A person that does heavy direct lung hits at high wattage may only be vaping on 5mg Nic juice, but that person may be using 15 ml or more of juice per day.

Another person that does mouth to lung vaping (tootle puffer) on a low wattage device may be vaping 18 mg Nic juice, but only using 5 ml of the juice per day.

Make sense ?

I do mouth to lung vaping at low power (13 watts) .... My daily nicotine intake:

5 ml of juice that's 15mg nicotine in strength = 75mg nicotine in 24 hours (5 x 15)

Last edited:
Reactions: ShishkaBerry

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
I'm on 12mg, only started 3 days ago though and personally think I'm a little low. Preferably, I'd like to set a level that balances a nice vaping length each day (need that taste and its enjoyable) with a relatively low juice consumption as I need to import 100ml bottles being in Australia. So my next order is 18mg to try and get the nic fix with a slightly less juice consumption each session.

Trial and error stages for me atm...

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
eLicky ..... Good Idea

And remember ... Deep direct lung hits on a sub-ohm device at high wattage burns through lots of juice

Yes, I have an Aspire K4 coming just to blow some cool clouds. For that device I will just use non-nic RTV's purchased locally. Well, that's the plan.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
started off at 6mg and quickly went down to a 3 because all my juices were horrible plus the throat hit was insane for me. did 3 for a while until I got into diy then 2 now I'm at 1.5-2mg the only reason why I'm dropping my nic is because my DIY juice is crappy. I only have 2 flavors and I never really let them steep or breath because I don't make big batches only a 30ml batch when I'm out and vape it within 2-3 days. crappy juice + high nic = harsh vape I easily get dizzy on my diy juice. only a few more days though until my other juices come in.

I have tried store bought juices but they don't seem so great I think most of the ones in stores here are actually locally made while a few are just brands I've never even heard of. they don't carry the more common/better juice lines in my state

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I know this question has been asked a thousand times. But I haven't asked it in awhile. I started off vaping 24 and even 36 in crappy tanks back in the day. Moved to 18 when I got a Nautilus and even dripped some of it. Then 12. Then 6 and now 3. Tried zero and I'm not a big fan. I can't tell if I dropped levels cuz of the advance. Because I just kinda happened to like a lot of people. Or both. My guess is both. Right now I'm vaping 3mg in a uwell crown at 100w. I could do 6 but it's harsh and makes me dizzy. I guess sub ohm is the real game changer.
Subohm is definitely a game changer. You inhale a lot more vapor, so the usual thought is that you need less nicotine. I am normally a non-subohm vaper, and I started out on 24 and I am now at 12. If I go lower than 12 I vape even more than I do now, and I bump back up to 18, on certain brands I can detect the peppery note of the nicotine. 12 works for me! If I do occasionally sub ohm, I use 6.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
From what I've read, Snus is almost as bad as cigarettes. With the same dangers as regular chewing tobacco. Oral cancer being among them.
I'm pretty new to vaping, but before I started, I did a lot of reading. I can't afford to just Pee away 50 bucks for an atomizer and another 10 for a bottle of juice, just to have both end up in the trash. I've also done a fair bit of research after starting, regarding juice, coils, etc and some bad personal experience that was prevented by common sense.. (Like prime your wick and don't start vaping on the high setting.).
I learned to start at the lowest and ramp up to 9 watts. (I have a vapeplum) So, this being said... My suggestion would be go with a high pg to vg blend, say 80% pg / 20% vg with a very high nicotine %. I've moved down from 12 to 6 mg, but just to get you through til break, go 24+ for work only, hit just enough to dull the craving, and pop into the bathroom every hour or 2 for a hit and git.
Personally, i find management a bit more of the opinion that unless you are spending 20 minutes in the bathroom chain smoking, they quite often let it slide.
However, just simply asking the floor manager if he would pitch a fit or not may also be a good plan. I would also mention, that I was vaping to quit smoking, and since starting vapes vs smokes, I was more alert and getting more done. (based on my noticing I was not as short winded on vapes as I was on ciggies)
Now, I've only been vaping about a month, so I'm no expert, but I have been dealing with management for years.. Most consider the bottom line $$$ per man hour the main factor, so if I hit the bathroom for 1 minute every hour, they tend not to notice, vs the employee that spends 20 minutes per hour with 5 buddies having an unscheduled break on the bathroom floor.

By the way, I was using 18 or 12 mg juice in a e-cig type 'pen'. I just bought a 100w box with a toptank mini, and 3mg juice is plenty for that rig. So now i have the 100w for sitting home, and the pen to take with me when I go out. (not to mention, one or the other will always have at least a partial charge lol)

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Since I started making my own juice I'm down to 1.5mg.
It's funny to remember that just a few years ago
it took 36mg:eek: to get me off the stinkies!

This sounds like a good idea. Im using 3mg now, but later I could start making my own juice, and move down to like 2 or 1.5, then 1.0, 0.5, 0.1, etc. It's like adding butter to your potatoes, even though you know they were mashed and butter was already added... lol You like to see some butter. So knowing there was say 0.1mg seems more comfortable than 0mg cold turkey. I quit smoking before, going from a pack a day of reg cigarettes down to 1 ultralite cigarette in the morning with my coffee. It was only 1/20th the content of a reg cig, but I HAD to have that one ciggy...

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I don't think it makes much difference in what Nic level the juice is that you vape ... What is more important is how many mg of nicotine you vape per day (24 hour period).

A person that does heavy direct lung hits at high wattage may only be vaping on 5mg Nic juice, but that person may be using 15 ml or more of juice per day.

Another person that does mouth to lung vaping (tootle puffer) on a low wattage device may be vaping 18 mg Nic juice, but only using 5 ml of the juice per day.

Make sense ?

I do mouth to lung vaping at low power (13 watts) .... My daily nicotine intake:

5 ml of juice that's 15mg nicotine in strength = 75mg nicotine in 24 hours (5 x 15)

75mg nicotine in 24 hours sounds like a lot when you do the math that way.. but.. considering the avg cigarette has aprox 12mg of nicotine, compare that to 6x12mg (72) compared to what you used to smoke per day. (without all the tar and crud) and apparently from those 12mg of ciggy, you only absorb 1mg. (according to the web article I was reading, so you may have to verify for yourself)
So for now, ill stick to 12-18mg in my vapeplum (pen style) and 3mg in my toptank.

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
I typically mix 6-8mg, 5ml/day (I'm a tootle-puffer). When I got my Pico with the Melo 3, I decided to try the direct-lung sub-ohm thing. After 3 draws, I actually got that headrush you used to get with the first cig of the day. It went downhill after that -- too much, too fast. If I ever decide to go sub-ohm, I'll definitely have to drop to 2-3mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread