Dismiss Notice
ACT NOW!! Stop the FDA from banning nearly ALL vaping products from the market! Support the "Cole Bill" now: CLICK HERE for details

What percent flavoring do you put in your e juice?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Ashtonsmommy1209, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ashtonsmommy1209

Ashtonsmommy1209 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Silverdale, WA
    I just got the supplies to try my hand at making my own e-juice. I have the calculator app but was wondering what percent of flavoring do you all put in your e-juice? I like mine to have a nice strong flavor. Thanks!
  2. ianferrell

ianferrell Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2012
    maumelle, ar
    It varies a lot based on the individual flavoring... To start, you might want to search for 'single flavoring' threads. I use the TPA one a lot, its not a panacea, but it is a good starting point for any recipe. Another good option is to sign up to my site and enter your inventory then do a search to see what recipes you can make ;) If you end up finding one you like but want more flavor just use the flavor slider to crank up the total flavoring.
  3. Steve K

Steve K Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    It seems I always end up around 18% all flavors,sweeteners included.
  4. Levitas

Levitas Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2011
    Saint Louis
    5% or less. Lately, however, I've been adventurous and I've been using 7-8% :D
  5. BikerBob

BikerBob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    For some, I use 20%. For others, 10%. Some at only 2%. Also have a few I use only a few drops for a 10ml batch.

Also: "individual taste is subjective". What I mix up and find "very strongly flavored", my buddy feels it is "very weak--just a hint of flavor".

I use a variant of str8v8ping's method: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/str8v8ping/2705-diy-tips-str8.html. Start with a small test-batch, with low % of flavoring, and gradually increase the flavoring. A typical sequence of testing for me:
    1-very weak
    2-a little weak
    3-about right
    5-very strong
    6-either "where did the flavor go?" or "tastes like chemical factory sewage"

It's mostly a matter of finding what you like.
  6. ninfreak

ninfreak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2011
    burkesville, kentucky
    and also remember adding more flavor doesn't mean it will be stronger. often times it is the exact opposite due to tastebud overload. most of my blends top at 10-15% total flavoring for 70pg/30vg. so always start low.
  7. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    My recipes vary from 0.35% to 35% and everything inbetween. That's one of the reasons I blogged about it here on ECF.
    Pdog 88 likes this.
  8. Cookster

Cookster Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2011
    Let us know what flavors/vendors you have, and we'll try and help some more :)
  9. cricque

cricque Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Leuven, Belgium
    Hoosiers blog is a good place to start :)

But you got to find it yourself, a very easy way to test out the strength of a flavor is. Get like 5ml of water, (if you want to go with drops), give it a drop, put your finger in it, and taste it. Nothing, add another or 2. This gives you roughly a good idea of how the taste would be.

Do this at your own risk. And tobacco's might not really work this way. Never tried tobacco's tbh doing it like this. But this works for drinks/fruits etc

ALso you have vendors where they advise a ratio. Usually it's something close. Some other do not, but from the same vendor there might be a 5%-15% difference in flavoring that you need
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.