• 40% PG / 60% VG

• 30% PG / 70% VG

• 20% PG / 80% VG

• 10% PG / 90% VG

• 100% VG

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that with sweeter flavors I prefer a bit more PG (yay for having CVS that will sell me PG OTC, 'Yeah, I'm a photographer, and ya'll are just right down the street').

But for things that are meant to have a sweet-sour flavor (grape comes to mind) I add a bit more VG to the mix to get it a little more muted.

I also need the throat hit from vaping and PG tends to give me that without higher levels of nicotine.

I generally get 70p/30v and then dilute it a bit more with PG.

Edit:

Sorry for the mini-necro, still seems pretty relevant, and someone linked the post in another newer thread :oops:

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
It's been constant discovery since I started vaping in late October of 2012. At first it was 100 percent VG love. I must have been lucky with it. Perhaps due to the aging of my clearos, 100 percent VG started to vape like cement. Then I went to 50/50, and at first I thought that was the perfect balance. I don't know what changed about me or about the juices, but now I've had to order some of my flavors in 100 percent PG, just to blend with the same flavors I have in 50/50, so they will vape more easily. I use an ego-T and Tabac BCC clearomizers. There is nothing like that easy draw, with the little snap crackle you hear, and the nice clouds, from 70/30. There are exceptions. Johnson Creek's Red Oak line is described as PG-free, but it is not described as 100 percent VG. I think they must use something else to thin out the VG. Anyway, JC Vanda is one of my must-haves. It doesn't draw quite as easily as 70/30, but it doesn't vape like cement either. I will no longer order even sample packs from vendors new to me unless I can choose the PG/VG ratio or unless, like at Velvet Vapors, I can order the 50/50 house blend plus an equal size 100 percent PG, to mix together myself to create a 75/25 blend. Thank heavens for that, or I wouldn't be able to have their bear claw or caramel. On the other hand, VV Fuego vapes just fine in the 50/50 "velvet blend". Discovery, discovery. I once read a forum member describing it all as "chasing the dragon". Perfect description.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
When I started vaping I got a throat congestion from it. I wanted to try several different ratios to nail down my sweet spot and relieve the congestion. I bought two bottles of juice. A 100% vg and 100% pg, both in the same flavor. I mixed them together in 5 smaller bottles in 5 different ratios. They ranged from 100pg-70/30-50/50-30/70-100%vg. After I had vaped them all I decided the vg was giving me the throat congestion. I loved the vg clouds but I didn't love how it felt like breathing in a hot steamy shower. In the beginning vapor was important to me, I wanted as much as possible. Then I realized that was kind of silly IMO. Even with 100%pg I was still getting more "smoke" than analogs gave me. Now throat hit is my primary concern, then flavor, then Vapor. I settled on 70pg/30vg. It fits my needs and works great in all my devices.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
When I started vaping I got a throat congestion from it. I wanted to try several different ratios to nail down my sweet spot and relieve the congestion. I bought two bottles of juice. A 100% vg and 100% pg, both in the same flavor. I mixed them together in 5 smaller bottles in 5 different ratios. They ranged from 100pg-70/30-50/50-30/70-100%vg. After I had vaped them all I decided the vg was giving me the throat congestion. I loved the vg clouds but I didn't love how it felt like breathing in a hot steamy shower. In the beginning vapor was important to me, I wanted as much as possible. Then I realized that was kind of silly IMO. Even with 100%pg I was still getting more "smoke" than analogs gave me. Now throat hit is my primary concern, then flavor, then Vapor. I settled on 70pg/30vg. It fits my needs and works great in all my devices.
This is the exact same road I traveled down.
:)

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
I started off liking 70/30, but once I started mixing menthol juice, I didn't need all of that throat hit and wanted more vapor, so I dropped it down to 60/40 and that's where I'm thinking I'll stay for a while. Clouds and clouds and clouds all day long. I even do my plain juice this way now, too. I like plumes. I don't care much about throat hit these days.

50/50 was ridiculously vaporous, but a bit too heavy for me. Too much VG messes with my singing. I can feel it sitting where the nasal cavity meets the throat when I vape 50/50 too much. It doesn't actually affect my range at all, but when it shifts around up there, the airflow changes just enough that my control can get noodley. I do like to have a little in there though, as it seems to decrease the strain on my vocal cords by keeping them lubricated. I can definitely sing for longer with more VG. It's actually something that's recommended for singers to prep their throats with because it keeps your throat from drying out. Instead of gargling it in some weird-tasting concoction like most, I just vape some 60/40 unflavored!

Reactions: coffinnail
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread