Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I have cherry tobacco or maple in the mail to me now. I asked Don to surprise me.

so lasttango.......what does the BWB Casablanca taste like?

I don't want to PO Don... I know he's busy enough without me leaking this stuff ;-)
But he said he wouldn't mind me mentioning it.

It's a rich Turkish-like blend... with some mellow sweet tones mixed in.
It's something different from Don... something that was missing in his large repertoire of amazing flavors...

It doesn't really taste like anything else I have ever vaped. I know that the base tobacco flavor that don uses is fairly expensive and possibly one that he'll have trouble getting from time to time. In other words, Casablanca has some components that aren't as easy to get his hands on as some of his other brews.

But, I know it's still in testing. I am not sure who else has tried it and when he expects to release it.
I went though my 15ml sample in about 4 days... and I added 14mls of Boba's to my remaining 1ml and it flavored my Boba's beautifully...

If I had to say it reminded me of anything... I'd have to say Boba's and Gourmet Vapor's RY5 - but it's not similar... just the richness and balance between tobacco and mellow sweet tones is similar.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Your raving about Backwoods Brew got me to checking out their web site. Yeah, sad but true, I was previously unaware of this vendor. Now, am I having a total mental blockage here or what? I see no way to order anything on their site. Am I required to create an account before I can even see product details as basic as say, how many ml I get for my $6.50? Do the offer different volumes? IMO, I should see this kind of information before I give them my information.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Your raving about Backwoods Brew got me to checking out their web site. Yeah, sad but true, I was previously unaware of this vendor. Now, am I having a total mental blockage here or what? I see no way to order anything on their site. Am I required to create an account before I can even see product details as basic as say, how many ml I get for my $6.50? Do the offer different volumes? IMO, I should see this kind of information before I give them my information.

BWB is a total tease right now - Don's dealing with merchant account issues and ordering is down - I'm guessing he's probably having to change to a new cart system for the new merchant account. It's been very stressful for some of us who are now completely out of malty-toffee. lol For the record, the $6.50 is for 10mls, $9/15ml, and $16.50/30.

ChrisToff

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Midwest Ohio

The ordering system is expected to be up sometime tomorrow.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I hear you about the FlavourArt tobaccos, but for different reasons. I cannot stand the taste of most of them. Except for their Shade, I have not found a FA tobacco that I can stand the taste of, and it would really tick me off I bought un-returnable juice after checking as to whether they used it or not. I agree, though, that dropping a mL of flavoring into a 4 mL of PG does not seem to merit the label of a house specialty; heck, even I do more than that when I'm whipping up my home brew. I adored my Vapor Station tobacco flavors but, alas, I'm now a 0 nic soul and they don't carry any.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
+1 for this thread.

I am lucky and as a new user I found the good stuff after only $20 worth of crap juice. Right now I am riding Backwoods and Vapor Station for the win, with an order from Vaperite on the way that I have really high hopes for. I still need to place an AV order. I also have a hearty taste for one FlavourArt tobacco blend, FSUSA's Wyatt Earp. I just love the stuff, different than my other favorites but one I keep coming back to.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I am revisiting this thread. Are you ready?

The state of tobacco vapes is comical. There are three categories of tobacco vape. 1. Ridiculous, and I'm not giving them any lip service. 2. Creative, those vapes that claim tobacco yet exhibit no apparent trace of it, and despite that make the brain think tobacco. These vapes, despite the lack of convincing tobacco elements, paint a compelling picture of tobacco when done well. Comprises most of the good tobacco vapes. 3. Genuine, those vapes which represent as true a representation of tobacco as you could honestly hope for in a vape.

I can think of maybe 7 or 8 Genuine tobacco vapes, and only one of them is one of my favorite vapes. Sad statement on how well we do bottling the magic of tobacco. want2vape ACID Blondie is about as close as you're going to come to real tobacco in a vape. BWB Virginia has a very compelling tobacco element. Vaperite's tobaccos, if mild, are true.

The people who are getting it right the hard way have done so by recreating elements of tobacco. Halo Torque 56 has a very cigarette-like exhale. Halo Bella Valente, VS Tampa, VS Texas, VtR W-J-G Tobac, TW BL Real Tabs (a company I dislike vehemently, so don't accuse me of plugging my favorite vendors here), Puff Cigarette Next tobaccos, and more, all create an image of tobacco in the mind that has depth and color. These are vapes that some very smart people have made that push the tobacco button in our minds. I'm not against this, but it needs to be done with skill and artistry to be interesting. Most all of it tastes better than smoking a cigarette, so if you give me cigarette-like impact to go with your better-living-through-chemistry juice, I'm ok with that.

I still smoke the infrequent cigar and bowl of pipe tobacco. You can't recreate that in a juice with any convincing realism. Vaping keeps me from smoking cigarettes. Given a choice between the two, I would pick vaping. That doesn't mean I need to be happy vaping DK Tab for the rest of my life.

The bottom line is, tobacco is an object of infatuation for some of us. The current state of tobacco vapes is desperate. The market is wide open for some bright people to roll up their sleeves and say "mystery nut flavored juice with throat hit is not good enough!".

The good news is, we are on the precipice.

ebx04

Oct 5, 2010
USA
I am revisiting this thread. Are you ready?

The state of tobacco vapes is comical. There are three categories of tobacco vape. 1. Ridiculous, and I'm not giving them any lip service. 2. Creative, those vapes that claim tobacco yet exhibit no apparent trace of it, and despite that make the brain think tobacco. These vapes, despite the lack of convincing tobacco elements, paint a compelling picture of tobacco when done well. Comprises most of the good tobacco vapes. 3. Genuine, those vapes which represent as true a representation of tobacco as you could honestly hope for in a vape.

+1 on this. my e-cig came with some "marlb" flavored cartridges and they tasted like perfume. i tried the flue cured one from MyFreedomSmokes and it was ok -- it was closer to tobacco, but still had a ways to go. my third try was Dekang Cigar and to be honest, it tastes like rice, no tobacco at all. i've come to amends with the fact that e-juice can't recreate the flavor of 4000 burning chemicals and have decided to move towards non-tobacco flavored juices to get my nicotine fix.

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
didn't see bluemist's Robacco mentioned anywhere. a very good tobacco flavor, and very different from others that i've tried. also, if you're looking for a caramel tobacco, you should try bluemist's Caramel Tobacco. it is absolutely delicious. these are two of my most vaped juices. I'm a big fan of Silverleaf Tobacco from Puresmoker, as well. It is a very smooth, not quite sweet, mellow tobacco flavor. I just recently got Carolina Blend, also from PS. I'm liking it so far. The flavor is much darker than the silverleaf. It tastes rather nutty, and i seem to get definite undertones of some kind of liquor (brandy perhaps). Those 4 are all worth trying if you're looking for a good tobacco.

if you follow the link in my sig, you'll find my reviews of the Caramel Tobacco and the Silverleaf.

fyi, bluemist does 5x3ml sampler packs for $10. its a great way to try out new flavors. and once you find one you love, you can get 30ml for $10 or 180ml for $30.

fyi pt. 2: bluemist isn't shipping orders until march 1st, because they are currently moving, expanding, and opening a brick and mortar.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I havent found a tobacco flavor that doesn't taste like unburnt tobacco until I found Wow555. That is 99% of what I vape now.

Interesting as I tried a 555 from janty the other day and it actually, swear to bog, tasted like a real cig. Methinks I will buy me some of that and only reason i didn't is coz it was like in between a light and ultra light and i wanted more kick. But am slowly realsing that to get a juce that even tastes like only an 'almost light' - is pretty rare...

The market is wide open for some bright people to roll up their sleeves and say "mystery nut flavored juice with throat hit is not good enough!".

I see you've tried 'usa mix' before then!

Ah, Miller, 'the angel is my watermark.'

Last edited:

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
Either I was lucky or I am just easier to please, and I rather doubt the latter. I was a menthol smoker, and so I was looking for a menthol flavor not a tobacco. Tobacco flavor can be duplicated; tobacco smoke upon inhalation cannot. I just cannot imagine that all of these tobacco connossieurs actually sat while smoking and broke down all of the intricate flavors in their cigarette all the while trying to stay warm in sub-zero temperatures.

I never feel like I am smoking a cigarette when I vape, although I do believe if I did not vape I would go back to smoking. I could smoke a non-menthol cigarette but I have not vaped a tobacco flavor that I vaped again.

Best wishes to all who truly need to find that illusive nirvana!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread