What size Phiniac tank for the GLV-2?

Discussion in 'GreatLakesVapor' started by Fat_46, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat_46

Fat_46 Full Member Verified Member

I would like to add a custom touch to my new GLV-2. I'm currently using the SmokTech bottom feed tank, but would like to get a Phiniac. What size do I need to order?

Thanks in advance!

2. aziffel

aziffel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

A phiniac is too fat unless you use an adapter to clear the button on the GLV

3. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I use one.Im not sure on size,its short and fat.Blueswatch will be here to answer Im sure.

4. BluSwatch

BluSwatch Crazy Mod Collector Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Here I am! LOL You have to use an adapter with any of them as the Phiniacs are all the same diameter ... just taller or shorter.
    The short adapters clear the button about 60% ... V2 510 Shorty Extension
    The taller ones give you full-thumb access..... 510 Battery Extension

5. BluSwatch

Supporting member
    Reg Phiniac with tall adapter - [​IMG]

Reg with short adapter - [​IMG]

6. dshark

dshark Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey Blu
    where are you getting those adapters? I got a few of the V2's in silver or plain plated finish and the threads are really bad. My tanks do not fit right because of the threading.

Tnx...!!!

7. BluSwatch

Supporting member
    dshark - I think I got them all at MadVapes .... the short black one is just nail polish over a silver one. They have a longer black one, but couldn't find short black. :)

8. dshark

I was afraid of that... I have the same short ones from MV too and the threading is not real good. I bought 3 of them and all of them have the same problem. I use DCT tanks/cartos with them and they never 'seat' properly. The cartos themselves seat and fit nicely in the GLV's but not when using the V2 shorty.

9. BluSwatch

Supporting member
    I think Good Prophets has some, and a bunch others ..... I googled to try and find short black ones, so you could look around. :)

10. dshark

Thanks Blu - I placed an order for some. Hopes are that the threads are of better quality.

Thanks again.

11. Fat_46

Fat_46 Full Member Verified Member

Thanks Blu for the pictures and supplier info. Looks like another few orders to wait on!

12. dshark

I rec'd the Good Prophets order for the extentions. They do have much better threading and my carto/tanks no longer rock back and forth like they did with the others. They also have a flat button style connection on both ends - battery and carto/atty sides. This caused a bit of a problem in the begining as I couldn't make a solid connection. So I took my trusty dental pick and used it to pull the carto connector down some to make the connection. It worked...!!! Thought I would mention that in the event someone else got the same extentions from GP.

Have a great vapin day..!!
    :toast:

13. razorxwire

razorxwire Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

bumping this for blu.. What kind of Cartos do you use in those? Same ones I use with DCT tanks?

14. BluSwatch

Supporting member
    Hey stevenluther .... which tanks? Phiniacs?

Phiniac regular tank = regular sized Boges or generic carto
    Phiniac Tall-boy tank = Boge XXLs or phlanged DCCs (maybe 1/8-1/4 inch out the top or bottom)
    Phiniac XLs = Kanger XL or Resurrectors

Of course if you use a longer carto in the tank, punch it high, and leave the extra out the bottom, you don/won't need an extension.
    You can see here a guide - Tank Sizes & Cartos - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

Most tanks that I know of will run off any carto, the length of the carto is the variable you deal with.

15. razorxwire

razorxwire Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Interesting. I think I might try and get one.

: madvapes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.