What strength e-liquid do you VAPE?

What is the nicotine strength of e-liquid you vape most often in mg per ml?

• 0mg

• 6mg

• 8mg

• 11mg

• 14mg

• 16mg

• 18mg

• 20mg

• 24mg

• 26mg

• 30mg

• 36mg

• 48mg

• More than 48mg!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Much has changed since a big poll on this back in 2009 (except that asked what liquid you buy). E-cigs have generally got a lot better. I wonder if this has had much effect on the results :vapor:

Thanks

I suspect improvements in hardware may have affected some people's nic levels. It seems to have with mine. I was at 36mg for quite a while. But the combination of my switching up in voltage and recently getting a tank have so increased both the amount of liquid I consume and how much I want to vape that 36 and, to my surprise, even 24, sometimes now make me jittery (and I really prefer keeping things simple with just one strength of juice for all purposes). Right now I'm at 20, which may or may not be the level I settle in at for a while.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I also started at 24. I don't know how long I stayed at that. Then i started thinking "maybe I should cut down the nic in hopes of stopping vaping eventually" So, to 18 for a while - 16 for a while - and 12 just didn't do it for me. At 24, I was vaping 7-8 ml a day. At 18 i was vaping 7-8 ml a day. At 16, I started vaping more and was always 8-9 ml per day. At 12, I vaped constantly and was breaking 10 ml every day getting sometimes in to the 12 ml range. So, back to 18.

I do suspect that Papa Lazarou is on to something. As my gear improved and I started moving to higher quality PVs and to higher performance attys and cartos, my consumption dropped a lot. With my unregulated REO mini with a 1.8 ohm atty or carto on it, I can vape about 5 ml per day - consistently. Every day I spend only with my mini is a 5 ml day. My VVPVPV is surprising me a lot. I'm running a 2.0 ohm hh.357 at or close to 4.5v. Now that the honeymoon period is over and I'm not vaping it like a crazed monkey, It has settled to 4 ml per day. It is very consistent. For the last several days of my normal life and vaping when i feel like vaping, it has been nearly 4 ml on the dot every day.

So, having higher performance devices has decreased my juice consumption. I just feel quite satisfied by the vape i get from this set up (AVE 555 18mg + 2.0 ohm hh.357 att + easy control of the juice feed + VV = satisfaction with every single drag)

It hasn't effectively decreased the amount of nic I use in my juice, but it has caused me to feel satisfied for longer periods of time and therefore vape less often. Today, my total daily juice consumption is pretty much half what it was six months ago.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
It's interesting to read about vaping habits (frequency) in connection with nicotine strengths. Many people who didn't chain smoke now tend to vape more often than if they were using cigarettes. The extract below reflects how, in the UK, research has shown this and has resulted in a revision of strengths by at least one major supplier.

"Research has indicated that when using lower strengths, users often take more frequent draws on an electronic cigarette than they would normally on a tobacco cigarette, resulting in a greater daily intake of Nicotine. When using the new higher strength, there is more of a tendency to take just a few draws and then have a break of 40 to 60 minutes, which mimics more closely the Nicotine delivery from cigarettes.
Nicotine enters the bloodstream at a similar rate as cigarettes and the higher strength means that the 'Nicotine hit' is like that of a cigarette. Because Nicotine stays in the system for around 40 to 60 minutes then degrades quickly, the effect closely resembles cigarettes and reduces the overall daily intake.
Many users who were accustomed to using lower strength liquid indicated that although it satisfied the habitual requirement, it often didn't fully satisfy the Nicotine craving, so they would use it more often. Feedback gathered from experienced electronic cigarette users who have sampled the new higher strength option has been extremely positive, with many confirming they have been taking less inhalations per day and have found the experience more similar to that of traditional smoking."

Personally, I tended to vape more (take more drags more often) than I did when I used to smoke. I was skeptical of using higher strengths but, having used them now for several months, I have found I take a few drags every 30-60 minutes, which is much less than I used to. Once I had settled into that habit, I reduced the strength and found that I was still satisfied. I now use around 1 to 1.5 ml of liquid per day with a nicotine content of 1.5% (15mg/ml). I feel satisfied with that and am also happier that I feel more in control.

It's obviously a personal choice, but maybe we should look at how we vape and the most effective ways of using our amazing devices to replicate the original habit less harmfully, which is probably why most of us made the change.
If someone would like to create a poll showing vaping frequencies (average drags per hour) and strengths, it might indicate a pattern. If any members would like to try modifying their use to see if they are satisfied with taking a few drags then 'resting' for 30-60 minutes it would be interesting to see the results.

Best wishes

John

money4me247

Sep 12, 2012
Texas
I personally moved around a little bit from 12mg to 6mg to 18mg to 20mg back to 18mg then 6-12mgs.

I have found that lower the resistance allows you to drop your nicotine level without affecting your throat hit. However, you may end up vaping more due to nicotine cravings. If you are interested in weening off nicotine, I would suggest getting lower resistance/higher voltage as it helps replicate the strong throat hit of higher nicotine levels, which is one thing I really need to feel satisfied.

bineva17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Hanoi
10 years 2-3 packs daily smoking. Stop smoking and went to vaping for more than 3 months and now stuck at 1-2mg. I have a habit of chain vaping. Go through ~10 ml with apple (~2mg) and a messy mix of RYU4 555 Cigar Vanila Caramen (1mg) easily daily with ego twist & itaste vv & vivi nova.

Sometimes I try to vape an old bottle of 4mg Clove, and feel the pepper taste very clearly, then feel dizzy. Then I come back to 2mg and 1mg. 0mg liquid still makes me angry, but 1-2 doesn't. May be I'm a kind of sensitive person.

I found that I tend to chain vaping no matter nicotine percent is high or low, so I'm satisfied with this usage. Cause I'm in love with vaping habit. Inhale, exhale. Inhale and exhale... :blush:

Last edited:

GrimRep_er

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2013
Lodi nj
I'm new and have been using 18mg, but I just bough a bunch of juices at 6mg, which is where I will stay.

I was already a x-cigarette smoker when I started vaping, although I did still smoke cigars somewhat regularly.

I really enjoy vaping and don't feel I NEED a lot of nicotine. Plus, now I can vape more and feel better about it.

+48mg...thats hardcore!!

AnnaLaw

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
United Kingdom
I smoked at least 2 packs a day for most of 50 years and started vaping cigalikes at what I thought was closet to my lite cigs - 6 mg. Went from there to 12 mg, there to 18 mg and have now settled om mostly 24 mg, sometimes 18 mg, but vape more of lower strength.
I live in the UK where the EU want to limit to a maximum of 0.5 ml containing 2 mg, which is useless and would require a big step backwards as ever legal ecig would be a useless disposable. That figure is based on low-strength nicotine gum!
In the EI consumer safety regulations mean that no NRT would be allowed to be sold as it does not have appropriate warnings and is not in childproof containers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread