What Sub Tank Do you Recommend, And why

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatoyota4569

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
United States
Hey guys whatsup, So I am ready to go out and get me a Sub tank. I see there are a few out now since the Atlantis. So Im trying to figure out what many are you using and why. I have watched videos on many and Youtube reviews, but I would like to see what you guys have to say, and why you choose that product.

It will be pairing up with a Sigelei 50W VR2 that I am wanting to get, because the 100W or Bigger are just too big of a mod to carry all day in pocket and while at work. Soooo with that said, what do you guys LIke or are wanting in the future?? thanks again guys hope we can get this going

#1 thing I am looking for is FLavor!!!!!!

Cloud production I could care less.....

I just want " FLAVOR " Cant smoke the good .... anymore (that sticky icky) sooo I have settled with vaping and have yet to smoke a Cigg

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
it dose not matter what you get today
sub tanks are hot rt now so they are constantly tweaking and improving them. I like my Smok VCT with dual coils and the artic The Highvoltage looks promising also the Herakles is nice I like that it has fins over the air holes gives it a cleaner look and less chance for dirt to get inside of it.

I currently have the Delta 2, subtank mini, arctic and maganus. The Delta 2 was my go to tank for a while because of flavor and vapor production but I did have wicking issues with it because I only use PG free liquids (allergy) So my current set up is either the arctic with the .2 coils on the sigelei 150 or the maganus with the .5 coil on the vaporshark rdna 40. I think the maganus overall has better flavor but I did run into an issue with the ohms jumping due to the positive pin connection (another member pointed me in the right direction to correct the problem) Both the arctic and maganus wick great and have good flavor (maganus a little better) and both are a bit of a pain to fill. The fit and finish of the arctic is much better than the maganus especially when it comes to the threading. And this could be just me but I think the maganus has better flavor with custard juices over the arctic but as far as fruity juices I feel they are up and up.

Depending on what mix you're using (IMO 80/20 or less) the delta 2 is a great tank overall. I've found that it's a lot easier to find replacement coil heads for this over the arctic and maganus. If I could thin out my liquid and keep the flavor I'd still be using that tank. I just got the rebuildable head so we'll see. But for my type of liquid I'd recommend the arctic just because the coil heads seem to be more available than the maganus.

A buddy of mines has the Herakles and swears by it. He enjoys that tank over both the arctic and maganus.

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
The best tanks I have used are the subtank mini, the new subtank plus (I like it even better than the mini), these are the best to me for ease of use, good available disposable coils + rba, airflow, etc. If you are into rebuildable, the best flavor I have had are the Lemo Drop or the new Lemo 2...these are a bit more finicky to use, but have a slight flavor edge to the ST tanks...IMO.

Kevin H

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Connecticut
I have (3).....The Kanger SubTank Mini, The Eleaf MELO, and the Horizon Arctic tank. IMO....The Kanger's tank design was RUSHED, and I get leaks from both where the glass meets the tank, and from the bottom of it, whether it's FULL, 1/2, or EMPTY. The coils work very well, however. The MELO was a cheap tank, and it's pretty good for the money. It works good, but you can see why it costs less than the others. The Horizon Arctic tank is BY FAR my favorite. WORKS like a CHAMP!.....build quality is EXCELLENT....and the only time that I get a LITTLE juice leak, is when it's just about EMPTY. That's my 2 cents. Best of luck to you with whichever tank that you decide to purchase!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
My current stock and opinions:

1. Kanger subtank mini at 24W to around 35W, depending on juice used. Probably my most dependable and favorite tank. Nice size tank. Original coils seem to last well and I have not had any problems at all with it. As of now, were I to buy another tank, this would be it, but would research the Plus first.

2. Aspire Atlantis at 28W to 38W, depending on juice. Because I have 3, I use these the most, two with the larger tank and one original that I purposely left that way for trying new juices. Highly recommend the larger tank for daily use. Original coils don't seem to last quite as long as the Kanger, but have only used the ceramic ones so far. My opinion could change once I can get some of the new cotton coils.

3. Kanger subtank at 24W to 35W. Would consider this up there with the mini except for the larger size making it a little more awkward then the mini for carrying around. But works great when filled with an ADV and sitting at my computer for the day......retirement is great!

4. Herakles at 45W ti 60W. This comes in last for two miniscule reasons that may not be important to others. My only complaint is the small area for filling, hard for my as an older vaper with tremors. While it has a decent size tank, it does go through the juice a bit quicker meaning more filling for me. At the wattage I use, it obviously drains the battery quicker, but not a major problem having a couple mods and plenty of batteries. The airflow is nice, but can be a bit harder to tell the setting for somewhat deficient eyesighted persons like me. But man, a great vape and would be my number one if it was easier to fill.

My opinions, for what they are worth, of what I have and use. Unless a new purchase was to replace the STmini, I would certainly check out some of the others mentioned before buying. Then again, I am the type that is and always will be looking for "something better".

Good luck! They are probably all good, just some might be better then others.

killatoyota4569

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
United States
thanks guys for the replies so far. Pretty good info here....

As I stated I dont want a BIG Box Mod like a 100W or Bigger because it is just too big to carry all day, and when I am at work. It just would not be that great.

The Sig 50W is a perfect size and It will be easy to carry around and wat not. So Im trying to stick with this mod, unless someone else recommends another mod?

I do like the Sub Mini tank because I can rebuild. And heard from many the Flavor is there.

I have researched many tanks and just seen way too many different opinions on them so it is hard on what to choose. Some Need more watts than what my 50W will put out, so that rules some of them out.

I heard that there are new tanks coming out? Does anyone know which ones they are??

And with RDA's is a 50Watt Box mod enough power for these tanks? As I know many go High with wattage with those RDA's

Another reason I havent gone to a RDA is because it just goes thru juice way too fast, and your alway filling up the RDA, and I really dont wanna carry juice with me hahaha.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
i have tried

1. atlantis, my favorite tank in terms of design, this is the only tank i had zero issues with leaking
vapor 8.5/10
flavor 6/10

2. subtank, my 2nd subohm tank, sadly it leaked, but flavor excellent, vapor less than atlantis
vapor 7.5/10
flavor 8/10

3. subtank mini, my 3rd subohm tank, sadly it broke, flavor excellent as well, vapor as good as atlantis
vapor 8.5/10
flavor 8/10

4. freemax starre, my 4th subohm tank, my favorite tank by far, airflow is the biggest i ever seen, flavor as good if not better than subtank/mini, only issue is the juice squeezes out whenever you tighen it
vapor 9.5/10
flavor 9/10

so in my opinion the freemax starre or vapeston maganus (same tanks) are the best right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread