What the {edited} is wrong with this industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Canada is talking about juice being out of sight perhaps, we build new shelves so if it does happen we just have to slap a set of sliding mirrors on. We can be compliant in an hour if it becomes law. We did that over a maybe it will happen.

Canada needs the money to keep its politicians fat so taxing it would be its best course. Cigarette and gas tax are their gravy and with vapers popping up everywhere and not paying cig tax no more, the fat politicians are going to be feeling the pinch. I dont think the provinces and the federal government here in Canada have the same BT payouts as some of the states have. We also have medicare that is mostly government paid so less hospital from smoking ailments is a good thing so IMO Canada is going to tax the chit out of juice and gear and not destroy it like the FDA is trying to do.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
It is a two hour each way trip for me to get to my vape shop. I get there every month or two and spend some time trying lots of juices. Not being able to "try before you buy" is just like buying online juice and I don't have to start the car to spend my money there. It won't help the B&M's when those like me settle for buying juice online.

I have been a big proponent of new vapers going to a vape shop to try/find a good flavor or two. So much for that! Oh, wait! There might not be any new vapers!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It is a two hour each way trip for me to get to my vape shop. I get there every month or two and spend some time trying lots of juices. Not being able to "try before you buy" is just like buying online juice and I don't have to start the car to spend my money there. It won't help the B&M's when those like me settle for buying juice online.

I have been a big proponent of new vapers going to a vape shop to try/find a good flavor or two. So much for that! Oh, wait! There might not be any new vapers!
Finding a juice you like, learning how to use your gear, troubleshoot problems. I may not visit shops often, but I do see their value. The FDA wants them to be like the gas station where you just slide your money across the counter, get your sealed box, and leave.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
The FDA wants them to be like the gas station where you just slide your money across the counter, get your sealed box, and leave.

This is what Canada will enforce also ... cigalikes will be the only vape allowed ... there is no way Canada becomes a source for open tank Vape Gear after 2018.

all eLiquid up here is already supposed to zero nicotine.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
This is what Canada will enforce also ... cigalikes will be the only vape allowed ... there is no way Canada becomes a source for open tank Vape Gear after 2018.

all eLiquid up here is already supposed to zero nicotine.
I thought I heard the guy from FlavourArt(I think) say he was working with someone in the Canadian government to develop a reasonable new framework for vapor products. Could have just been talk though.

Reactions: ENAUD

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I thought I heard the guy from FlavourArt(I think) say he was working with someone in the Canadian government to develop a reasonable new framework for vapor products. Could have just been talk though.

I have to doubt this ... Gov Canada will likely follow the lead of the USA.

Sent via iPhone

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I have to doubt this ... Gov Canada will likely follow the lead of the USA.

Sent via iPhone
I haven't heard or seen anything else about it, but it was during one of the radio interviews with Azim Chowdhury on the regulations, he called in.

Reactions: WillyZee

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Next derail like what I just cleaned up and people are going to get vacations. Totally uncalled for and against our rules.

In fact, some of you should review them: Forum Rules
I don't understand why I always miss the good stuff!
:(

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When I retire I'm going to organize one from San Diego to Orange County.
I'm not going to include Los Angeles though.
;)

Cool.

I hope you are Retiring Soon. So we can do an e-Cigarette Rally.

Cause all there seems to be is Talk. Talk Talk Talk. An Occasional Rant. Then More Talk.

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Cool.

I hope you are Retiring Soon. So we can to a e-Cigarette Rally.

Cause all there seems to be is Talk. Talk Talk Talk. An Occasional Rant. Then More Talk.
Well, we can plan one, post it all over ECF, maybe it will even get shared to FB and... 10 people will show up. Better get the advocacy groups on board first, they usually don't sanction anything that doesn't come from them. Good luck getting vendors to get the word out to the other 95% of vapers.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well, we can plan one, post it all over ECF, maybe it will even get shared to FB and... 10 people will show up. Better get the advocacy groups on board first, they usually don't sanction anything that doesn't come from them. Good luck getting vendors to get the word out to the other 95% of vapers.

Then Ya Know what? Maybe we Deserve everything that we get.

Because they keep Kicking us in the Gut. And we Don't even Tell them to Stop.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Then Ya Know what? Maybe we Deserve everything that we get.

Because they keep Kicking us in the Gut. And we Don't even Tell them to Stop.
I'm open to suggestions as to how we get people to unite. We keep telling them to stop, but apparently not loud enough.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm open to suggestions as to how we get people to unite. We keep telling them to stop, but apparently not loud enough.

No Les. You are Right.

Without the Support of Retailers and without the Blessing of our Advocacy Groups, the whole thing would be kinda Futile.

I just thought it would be Different. Because I have Watched this whole thing Unfold since about the Beginning. And I somehow thought that when Deeming Hit, that there would be More.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Just not enough of us telling them to stop, not even 5 % of the numbers needed to grab their attention. i have no idea how to convince vapers and shop owners of the gravity of the situation, not a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread