Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Opened up my Atty box and this fell out. Never seen anything like it. It's def steel but it feels like a Scotchbright pad, has no grain pattern .

I'm going to try it in an Atty that I know well and see how it acts.

But anyone seen it before or know where to buy it?

20150330_161030.jpg
20150330_161003.jpg

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Its called
non woven fiber metal felt. One of the sources for it says its good to 1000c and highly non corrosive. ( their version anyways.

Interesting

With the cell structure this should wick well
I will update after I try it
Super easy to roll up and a small small piece is thick
The wick looks like a stick of rough ceramic

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
OK so we got it rolling.
Still on the first tank but initial impression is wow!

28g k a1 at .9 ohms

Setup will be an adjustment,
As I use the pulse method it seems very highly conductive and blew several coils instantly.
I don't have a torch any more so beyond a color change and some soot using a lighter on it did practically nothing.

So I put in a dead battery and wet it with some juice and finally got it to pulse out
The stuff seems to not burn or take damage at all, zero holes shorted in the surface.

The first positive came when I filled the tank, the top of the wick was wet almost instantaneously.

The flavor is a bit lighter but really really clean, this may change as the wick breaks in or ages. But it tastes really good.

Zero hint of anything but the juice itself, I run a standard RY with a touch of TFA original Carmel. And the aftertaste is heavy enough I had to make sure I didn't get a mouthful of juice a few times.

So far it is belting out some serious vapor, I will have to make some adjustments I'm sure as its not 100% perfect on the set up yet.

I got a serious nic buzz going for sure, so its vaporizing efficienty, its been a long time since I've felt a lump I'm my throat, its light but still can feel it.

Time will tell but I'm interested enough to want to play with more.
I will hunt for some as I have time and update after some time has gone by as to how its holding up and working.

20150331_113716.jpg
20150331_113454.jpg
20150331_113554.jpg
20150331_113730.jpg
20150331_121145.jpg

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Lol came with the aquilos
I'm my mind its just another genesis, the interesting part was the fiber to me.

You know, buy the kid an expensive toy and he plays with the box all day

Was wondering the same.. You'd think a post about a new atty would at least mention said atty.

Reading comprehension is not strong with this one - the post has nothing to do with the atty.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Lol came with the aquilos
I'm my mind its just another genesis, the interesting part was the fiber to me.

You know, buy the kid an expensive toy and he plays with the box all day

Reading comprehension is not strong with this one - the post has nothing to do with the atty.

But but but... you did say "Opened up my Atty box..." - and Ieft us having to figure out what the heck an "atty box" is and why the heck that should fall out of one. :laugh:

I was gonna vote "nickel foam" - but it probably doesn't matter.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
SO, This is NOT a post about the performance of a new atomizer??????

Reading comprehension OK.

OK so we got it rolling.
Still on the first tank but initial impression is wow!

28g k a1 at .9 ohms

Setup will be an adjustment,
As I use the pulse method it seems very highly conductive and blew several coils instantly.
I don't have a torch any more so beyond a color change and some soot using a lighter on it did practically nothing.

So I put in a dead battery and wet it with some juice and finally got it to pulse out
The stuff seems to not burn or take damage at all, zero holes shorted in the surface.

The first positive came when I filled the tank, the top of the wick was wet almost instantaneously.

The flavor is a bit lighter but really really clean, this may change as the wick breaks in or ages. But it tastes really good.

Zero hint of anything but the juice itself, I run a standard RY with a touch of TFA original Carmel. And the aftertaste is heavy enough I had to make sure I didn't get a mouthful of juice a few times.

So far it is belting out some serious vapor, I will have to make some adjustments I'm sure as its not 100% perfect on the set up yet.

I got a serious nic buzz going for sure, so its vaporizing efficienty, its been a long time since I've felt a lump I'm my throat, its light but still can feel it.

Time will tell but I'm interested enough to want to play with more.
I will hunt for some as I have time and update after some time has gone by as to how its holding up and working.

View attachment 423703
View attachment 423704
View attachment 423705
View attachment 423706
View attachment 423707

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
SO, This is NOT a post about the performance of a new atomizer??????

Reading comprehension OK.

Thrasher said:

I'm going to try it in an Atty that I know well and see how it acts.
Just giving you a hard time , there's no way of setting up a new wick in an unknown Atty and being able to ascertain what is causing what to happen.

Lol I still haven't gotten around to even setting the new one up yet lol.

I was gonna vote "nickel foam" - but it probably doesn't matter.

Every suggestion matters I will look into that ,thank you
I been vaping on it all day it hasn't even changed color. Whatever it is its darn tough. Cept for this odd rash I think its ok

Problem is before I buy one I decided to get a clone, so its actually a Chinese European Atty lol.

I don't see any supplies on magnetics website, and I'm not going to email them saying hey I got this clone and........

I sent an email to fasttech, cause the Atty was in its box laying in the box, laying next to a mod and this spares kit laying in with everything. So, did they just drop it in? Is it supposed to be part of the Atty kit.? Did they just make everything harder than it needs to be?

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
rickajho ol buddy it seems you hit the nail square on the head.

After searching online I found several forum threads all over the globe discussing this exact material around mid 2013
People posted descriptions of set up problems and flavor profiles almost word for word what I posted.

Even in this old ECF thread
www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/451930-nickel-foam.html

What I'm not understanding is the way most of the threads die off. No conclusions or follow through they just kinda stop.

But like many of the posts I found "wicks like crazy but flavor not developing" is a common theme. Every so oftem i get a burst of flavor then it fades back to very light again.

Unfortunately for me this is about the time I got so busy I dropped out of forum life for about a year so it seems im late to the party and it had its chance to shine, but didn't live up to the initial hype, why it came with an Atty now though is a mystery I can't see fasttech having a product laying around for over a year.I can only assume this is the case since the aquilo came out in early 2014

The stuff sure does make a heck of a lot of vapor though and would be great for showin off

Last edited:

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Dang, got all excited thinking you had found 'the next thing' but turned out to be an old thing...still new to me though "nickel foam". Looks difficult to roll tight though!
I once found what I thought were ceramic wicks in my tool/vape box that I keep in the garage and set about building one into a jenny. Wicked well for 5 mins and then just disolved into my juice. Later on discovered it was part of hornets mud house...I knew I hadn't any ceramics left as they all broke!!:p

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Dang, got all excited thinking you had found 'the next thing' but turned out to be an old thing...still new to me though "nickel foam". Looks difficult to roll tight though!
    I once found what I thought were ceramic wicks in my tool/vape box that I keep in the garage and set about building one into a jenny. Wicked well for 5 mins and then just disolved into my juice. Later on discovered it was part of hornets mud house...I knew I hadn't any ceramics left as they all broke!!:p

I'd say 5 min is pretty good for a hornet's mud house.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    "Paradox", French West Indies
    Was just reading through the old 'Ni' thread and realized I hadn't a clue what they were talking about, LC200, AO's and 2000 wicks:blink: Things sure come in and go out fast around here. Interestingly. the material seems to have held a certain quality as a outer sheath for a BVC type coil using hemp filler rather than cotton. Never tried that either!

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z391/bj431/IMG_2427_zpsc5bc945f.jpg

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    I gave it 3 days, at the end of that i took it out still not one scorch mark.perfect condition.
    The stuff was actually easy to roll up
    By the second day it had zero flavor all i could taste is that waxy like flavor of pg,
    But up until i removed it it wicked like a beast. Never got a single dry hit

Id do a review of the new atty but it sucked too lol now im afraid to buy a real one. Cuase if they cloned it exactly and the real one has same flaws id be psssd at poppin 150

Oh well with fasttechs prices its fun to play.

Froth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 1, 2014
    Chipotle.
    It's an s.o.s pad for the wife to clean dishes with. China is finally catching on!

Better late than never, I guess.

*stares at sink full of dishes*
    Oh, you've got one of those sinks full of dishes too? I'm banned from loading the dishwasher, after purposefully doing it as bad as I could imagine for a few weeks the Wife is now accepting of me simply rinsing things off and leaving them in the sink. Mission accomplished.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread