What to buy for daily use and travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadid

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,
I want to stop smoking and I will travel in around ten days for a month. Now I am looking for a compact solution which I can use for travelling and daily use, can carry without problems in my pocket and which lasts me one or two days. It would be good if I can change the batteries and if i have a microusb to plug in my 5000 mah powerbank (maybe even fast charge is possible?). Passthrough would be good also.

Is there anything out there which suits my needs?
Regards,
wadid

Reactions: bnrkwest

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I like the Sigelei Spark. Has a nice charging circuit, can replace battery. Can carry another battery with you. Get 2 of them. Should be able to find for ~$30 each. Don't forget IMR batteries.

As far as tanks go, I can only suggest what I like. Subtank mini and TFV4 mini/full. You can hop in your truck, charge with 6' micro usb and chain vape 500 miles.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
you mean I should buy two of the devices? I think the combination of Sigelei Spark and tank is still too big (height) for carrying it in my jeans pocket... Also the glass of the tank concerns me...
If you really want to quit smoking you need at least two devices. Just not to slip back to smoking if something bad happens with one of them.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
you mean I should buy two of the devices? I think the combination of Sigelei Spark and tank is still too big (height) for carrying it in my jeans pocket... Also the glass of the tank concerns me...

You can get a subtank mini that is acrylic. Has the normal base, but the top has no metal. They are about $12 on ebay (buy now). I have two of them, I use that combo for hiking/backpacking. Don't use a drip tip, no need (bell top). I can put that in my right front pocket with my wallet and not even feel it. Same thing with keys pocket. It's really small and lightweight.

Basically, you should stick to something where you can change out the battery, a normal 18**0 battery, that way you can replace it. FYI, I am buying 6 more sig sparks next week, I might get 6 more subtanks also. It's just a reliable device, and with the new laws/rules/deeming, I want to be able to vape long into the future.

wadid

Jul 21, 2016
Never did vaping before. I am concerned that my solution will be cause too much smoke.... i cant build a coil yet. But will learn it later...

Juul seems to rely on prefilled poda that i regularly have to buy and it seems to leak.

Pico seems good, it possesses all the qualities that i want but in combinatiin with the atties i guess it gets too big.... any small atties?

Built in atty seems nice, but i cant find a good device. they seem to have leaking issues or you cant swap batteries.Egrip 2 would be perfect doesnt allow to swap battery...

Is the xvostick with a tank even smaller then the pico with a tank????

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Gosh, so many assumptions based on Google-ing.
Juul is a niche product, forget it.
All-in-one systems are also nonsensical unless, like the AIO you are talking cheap and very disposable. Nebox, egrip, Plato are not primary devices, not in the climate of bans & regulations. As another device, sure, if that floats your boat. Personally I think all 3 are too compromised. A Pico with a 3ml atomizer is very compact indeed. Easy 'pocket' hardware. Today I've been using a Cloupor mini with eleaf GS tank (22mm). The mod might be old but there's a limit how small you can go with the height of an 18650. You can go wider to cut down on total height but there's very little to be gained. Even an iStick without a monster tank is close to the minimum.

Reactions: daviedog

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
For travel and out and about I rely on my Plato. Internal glass tank so some protection from breakage, smooth lines that more like an electronic device than a mod, popular and easy to find Nauti coils (even while traveling), a replaceable 18650 battery, and a usb if you don't want an external charger while traveling. It is not my primary mod, but it's great for travel. Oh, and I've carried in in pants pockets on planes, cabs, and walking around, not one drop has ever leaked. And the form factor is perfect for stealth use

There are other AIO like the Egrip II, something from Kanger, and the Artery Summa. I don't own them so no personal opinion on them.

Reactions: djsvapour

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
@wadid I would say get an IStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini. Although it has a built in battery it has a pass through charging circuit via USB and you can charge it while vaping. Depends on your usage will depend on battery life. It is my pocket MOD for working and stealthy vaping. Although I have moved up to a couple of 150 to 250 Watt MODs I still use my iStick.

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
Hi, I think the Joyetech eVIC-VTC mini with Tron tank would be a good choice. I use this for work everyday for months now. It fits in my pocket and you can buy replaceable coils for it. Coils are dirt cheap on Fasttech and there are more than one type of coils available for it. Your going to need some good batteries and a good charger. One battery lasts almost all day.

Reactions: djsvapour

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
my gear setup is in my sig ... and i use the same setup whether i stay at home for the long weekend, or fly overseas for a week or two.

the only thing is, i use 2 batteries in my Cloupor GT, and have another pair in my bag ... and speaking of bag, i also have a basic tool kit in there so i can change coils or cotton wherever i go, and also have spare juice.

and when i go travelling, i also bring a spare tank (RTA or RDA ... depends on the mood ... maybe even both)

bulky? yes.
pocket-friendly? no.

:vapor:

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Honestly for someone who has done little to no vaping and will be moving around a lot while figuring out vaping just go simple. Get a kanger topbox starter kit. The battery is actually a solid little mod. Fires up to 75 watts, which you won't be using anywhere near to start. And you fill it by simply unscrewing the top, no need to take the whole thing apart like with the regular subtanks by kanger. Takes one 18650 battery and has USB charging and passthrough for chain vaping in the car(unless I'm mistaken). Throw a LG battery at 3000mah in there and you should be good to go. Grab a spare battery and a box of coils and you're set up and ready to go without spending a .... load of money. There's also the protank 4 by the same company. Same basic deal but holds a extra ml of juice. Use this setup for a couple months to get off the cigarettes, then we can walk you through building your own coils or moving you to something super nice like the Aspire Cleito or a nice dripper :)

Kanger Topbox Mini 75W Starter Kit | MistHub
LG HG2 18650 LiMn 3000mAh 20A Battery | MistHub
protank 4 | MistHub
I've never shopped on this particular site. So as always, buyer beware and shop around for better prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread