What to buy for daily use and travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
My goto and daily mod is the joyetech evic vtc mini. Have it for a while now and it's still going strong. It's been in Asia and Europe with me, been on party's and work.

Still a box mod though. Single battery max 75w.

Perhaps the pico is better, it's newer anyway and a bit smaller.

Why i recommend the vtc mini? Because it offers everything, from TC vaping to power mode including the option of setting your own TCR values. And a bypass mode if that's your thing (it effectively becomes a mech mod, only with protection) Perfect for testing and playing around without having to buy different mods.

I know the pico does tc and tcr values. Not sure about the bypass though.

wadid

Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for all the responses!!!!!!
So I cant get my hands on an Joytech AIO as I am in Germany and it seems just to be realeased and maybe its not good... who knows....

I guess the pico is the smallest which posseses all the desired attributes.

So which tank to choose for the pico?
I need one which doesnt leak is easy to fill and is not too big.

EDIT: Just found the Smoant Knight v1. That seems to be a setup even smaller than the pico and looks a bit like the xvostick. Has anybody heard about it?

I had a look at the Nautilis but it seems sometimes you need pliers for unscrewing it, because it gets stuck...

I looked at the subtank mini and wonder if it is leakage free... The topfill version which comes with the kangerbox, seem to have leakage.

Can somebody explain me what a bell cap is and how you can use that without a drip tip?

Also are there tanks which produce more or less vapor or can you always get coils with high ohm so there is not so much vapor and adjust the settings at the box? Because I am concerned I produce huge amounts of vapor....

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I am so happy with the Nautilus Mini tanks I have 3 for different flavors and I have never had them leak a drop. Yeah it does on occasion get stuck but a paper towel or rag wrapped around it will usually do the trick. It gets stuck from tightening using the upper portion to screw down on the MOD. Only happens with one of my tanks though.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I started off with Nautilus Minis and still use them but I'm less than impressed with their coil life...and so In the main I have converted to E Leaf GS Air tanks - cheap, don't leak, don't jam, fine flavour ( and I use mine with the 0.75 coils at around 6 watts) and long coil life - up to 10 weeks using DIY unflavoured 18 strength with me is the record...oh and they aren't too big either.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Also are there tanks which produce more or less vapor or can you always get coils with high ohm so there is not so much vapor and adjust the settings at the box? Because I am concerned I produce huge amounts of vapor....

Do you want to make big clouds, or avoid big clouds? Big clouds will typically come with a high VG e-liquid (the VG is what actually makes the cloud) and a lower ohm coil on a tank with lots of airflow. If you don't want clouds, it's essentially the reverse.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I guess I buy the Melo 2. So I can use it with a 0.5 coil in a way that it produces not much smoke?
Huh? If you are trying to keep the vapor low, that's a bad idea.
Seriously, you are confusing yourself.
The best 10-15 watt tanks are the eleaf GS tanks (any) or the nautilus. Stop being drawn in to internet gossip.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    My setup I runing right now pressa 40w with a serpent mini. Fits good in shirt pocket. It's internal battery but the dang thing lasts me 3 days vaping at 14 watts. Only draw back is the tank doesn't hold much ejuice, and it takes about 5-6 hours to charge. There's lots of bad reviews about the pressa 40w but I haven't encountered any in the 3 months I've been using it. Good luck and hopefully you can get off the cigs.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    so i guess i take the eleaf tank and the pico. But I am still not sure if I should take the Smoan Knight instead of the pico.
    The Smoan is certainly a good device on paper. The only review I have read is from a Review website that is untrustworthy since they have a history of recommending rip-off brands. This is a problem in the ecig world because the majority of reviews are biased to make money. Some are well-meaning people but others are low-life sharks. Some are fraudsters too, plain & simple.

mellynn425

May 27, 2016
    I started out with just a basic Aspire Clearomizer on an eLeaf box, or on a pen battery. Now I'm moving on to an eGo One; seems like I've seen commentary a few different places saying that it was great for on the go. My mom has one that I got to take a look at yesterday when picking up the kids, and it's a nice, simple little setup! Plus you can find tutorials in a few different places on how to rebuild the coil, but for simplicity's sake it seems to have had a good life for her on the one that came with it so far!

Reactions: Eskie

wadid

Jul 21, 2016
    ok i take the pico with the gs tank with 1,5 coils.

Now I need a liquid. I dont care about flavour. I just want nicotine and not too much steam...
    So I can choose:

PG 100% Propylenglycol
    VG 100% vegetarian glycerine
    VPG 55/35/10 55% PG / 35% VG / 10% dist. water
    VPG 50/50 50% PG / 50% VG
    VPG 75/25 75% VG / 25% PG
    ICE 90/10 90% PG / 10% dist. water
    Velvet 80/20 80% VG / 20% dist. water

What to choose? I guess i take 18mg nicotine and then take a 0 base to reduce.

Last edited:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    ok i take the pico with the gs tank with 1,5 coils.

Now I need a liquid. I dont care about flavour. I just want nicotine and not too much steam...
    So I can choose:

PG 100% Propylenglycol
    VG 100% vegetarian glycerine
    VPG 55/35/10 55% PG / 35% VG / 10% dist. water
    VPG 50/50 50% PG / 50% VG
    VPG 75/25 75% VG / 25% PG
    ICE 90/10 90% PG / 10% dist. water
    Velvet 80/20 80% VG / 20% dist. water

What to choose? I guess i take 18mg nicotine and then take a 0 base to reduce.
    Nic will be based on how much you smoke, 18mg good for probably about a pack a day more or less. You won't get a ton of vapor with a 1.5 Ohm MTL coil so 50PG or higher for throat hit and less cloud.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread