Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I have been smoking black and mild wine for way too long and we are hoping to quit. We tried the little electronic cigarettes when they first came out and didn't care for them.

So, now that there is so much "better" out there we would like to try again...Having no idea where to start or what to buy just thought I would ask here. Since we are just starting out, We want something relatively simple to use, easy to take with us, and something that comes closer to the feeling of smoking than the little e cig we tried before.

We know it will take time to adjust and but wanted to get suggestions so that we don't just buy the first kit we find online and get frustrated if I buy the wrong thing. Any help you guys can give is appreciated. Thanks!

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Evic VTC Mini Kit
This is favorite go to mod right now. To be totally honest it is a bit overkill for a starting replacement but (trust me) in a month you will be glad you didn't buy a bunch of stuff your going to replace in a few weeks. Most of us started with cigalikes, then ego pens and so on till we got to here. This kit can start you off and grow with your needs.

RaccoonChad

Jan 15, 2010
When I got back into vaping, like yourself, my first kit was the Atlantis and an Eleaf iStick 50w.

The life on the iStick is substantial and can last you all day. The battery is internal so all you have to do is charge it with a wall adapter.

The Aspire Atlantis will provide you will good flavor and vapor production for a reasonable price. The only downside is that it only holds 3mL of juice. However, the build quality is exceptional and a great choice if you're looking for something relatively simple.

Both of which are usually available in your local brick-and-mortar vape shop. However, they will most likely have a steep markup value. So, if you're patient, you can order them online and most likely receive them by the end of the week. Most online stores I've shopped at have pretty good ship times.

Good luck and happy vaping :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @Macy27 , I would suggest something like the iStick 30 watt mod (2200 mah battery) and the Aspire Nautilus Mini tank. (other comparable mods would be the iStick 40 watt(2600 mah) , Innokin Coolfire IV (2000 mah),and I am sure there are many more. The Nautilus tank gives a great mouth to lung vape.
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

I am guessing you are in the UK so I have these links for shopping:
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Good luck in your journey, you CAN quit the stinkys!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
One more question....Probably going to go with the Aspire-either the Nautilus Mini or the Atlantis. I saw that there was also a regular Nautilus. Is the main difference the amount of juice it holds? Because the larger one is not all that much more $. Would you recommend one over the other?

I have owned both of the Nautilus (Mini and Full Sized). I prefer the mini, seems it was made better to me. I wouldn't recommend the Atlantis for beginners, it's a sub ohm tank and made for mostly lung hitter vapes.

MyVaporstore, MountBakerBapor,OriginVapes,SweetVapes,MyFreedomSmokes,VapeSuperSaver, are some of the US stores I have used. It's usually 4 to 5 days from order to hand.

Cindy Xiong

Unresolved Status
Nov 14, 2015
ShenZhen
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Mad_Squirrell

Nov 22, 2015
Cleveland,Tn
I vote either the Istick30, 40,or 50W and the Nautilus as well. Make sure you pick up a pack or two of coils as well. Something else nobody seemed to say is your juice go to a brick and mortar vape shop if possible and try the flavors find something you would be comfortable all day with in 12 -18 mg strength I recommend starting with 12 and if that's not enough buy a little stronger next time. With that set up stay away from 24-36 mg it will be too strong in the Nautilus and don't waste your time on e-liquids that you buy in convenient stores or gas stations they are not very good and typically are only available in very high nicotine strengths.

Reactions: Macy27

NickVapesEh

Nov 25, 2015
Canada
Reactions: Macy27

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
My husband and I have been smoking black and mild wine for way too long and we are hoping to quit. We tried the little electronic cigarettes when they first came out and didn't care for them.

So, now that there is so much "better" out there we would like to try again...Having no idea where to start or what to buy just thought I would ask here. Since we are just starting out, We want something relatively simple to use, easy to take with us, and something that comes closer to the feeling of smoking than the little e cig we tried before.

We know it will take time to adjust and but wanted to get suggestions so that we don't just buy the first kit we find online and get frustrated if I buy the wrong thing. Any help you guys can give is appreciated. Thanks!

Everyone's vaping style changes over time. In the beginning you will want a draw that emulates the Mouth to lung inhale. The Nautilus Mini does a good job at emulating a MTL draw. later on you will want more airflow so you may want a sub ohm tank.

Now a lot of people start with an underpowered mod tgeb have to spend more money.

I say get a good mod first capable of firing up to 50-75 watts. It can do almost anything you will want even firing RDA, RTA, and tanks with an ego adapter you can also fire the old Clearomisers.

I prefer regulated mods that use 18650 batteries. Internal batteries work but when your battery dies your mod is dead. An external battery is not going to ruin your mod unless the battery vents and damages the board with battery acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread