1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

What to expect?- Bestecig order "handed over to customs"

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Ringo*, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ringo*

Ringo* Full Member

My order says that it arrived in the USA ("LAXA" with I assume is LAX Airport). The last notice from yesterday says, "Handed over to customs". Should I be worried or is this standard?
    I ordered about $200 worth of stuff (1 bottle of 36mg juice, but the rest is hardware).
    ugh!

2. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It's standard procedure. The next entry will probably say "Released from Customs".

3. taz3cat

taz3cat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have never had a order opened from Bestecigs, but I would like to be there when they opened the envelope and seen the way Beci packages their stuff. It would be a hoot. It takes about five minutes and that is not being real careful to open a package from Beci, lots of tape and bubble wrap.

4. Ringo*

Ringo* Full Member

phew- glad to hear it houdini. thx!

5. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Do keep us posted. I had this happen to an order of mine. I got the notice you got, then I got one that said "released." Then I got another that said the package was reseized by Customs. Then I got a bunch of papers from the FDA (seriously!) and before anything was released I had to sign a paper saying this all was for "smoking cessation." That's was months ago -- but it took more than 30 days after arrival for my package to be delivered.

And I never saw some of it that the supplier swears was included (Customs swears it was NOT). I lost. All the way around. I lost.

6. Lorddrek

Lorddrek Senior Member ECF Veteran

What was missing Bob? Juice or parts?

Lorddrek

7. taz3cat

Tbob, If the supplyer was like Beci, I would know some one took my stuff, bcause my orders have been perfect every time I order from them. I had a order leave China on the 4th or 5th, should get it next thursday or friday. Usually takes 7 to 8 days.

8. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I wrote about this in detail at the time but it was a 50ml vial of high-nic tasteless e-liquid I had ordered from E-Cig that was missing. E-Cig would not make good on it. They said they packed it. Customs implied I was accusing them of stealing and flatly said it was not in the package.

I swore to never to do business with E-Cig again and to not order from China. I'm very happy with U.S. suppliers.

9. taz3cat

The status of my package is "foreign acceptance" by us proity mail March 6, 2009 at 5pm.

10. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Thanks for sharing the infor TB--So they made you sign papers stating that the items where for smoking cessation purposes--Very Strange as claims like that are what the FDA regulates? I am sure glad that all of my bulk ordering is done--Very Odd----Sun

11. Ringo*

Ringo* Full Member

Yeah Sun, this was my bulk order. 2 usb passthroughs, 10 atomizers, 5 batteries, spare cartridges, etc. I'll keep you all posted.

12. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Ringo--should be released very soon--Please apprise us of the outcome--Thanks -- Sun

13. TommyGunBC

TommyGunBC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm in the same situation , I have 2 orders that have arrived in Canada and are at customs. one order from Bestecig and the other from ruyandirect, I was hoping to get them this week but now will have to wait till next week as the crappy postal service here only delivers mon-friday :(

14. MyB

MyB Full Member

just got my new pen style and 90ml of juice yesterday. beci is smart and only list the electronics on my orders.

taz3cat, i know what you mean with the crazyness of the bubble wrap.

if i order on a thursday night, its at my door wednesday. they do require a signature. i recieve my order 2 days after custumes recieves it

15. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

This is where I'm at today-

Your item was handed over to Customs(UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA) at 2009-03-06 13:44:00

Timing Site Status
      2009-03-04 19:08:00 XIAMEN Posting
      2009-03-04 19:54:44 XIAMEN Arrival at Sorting Center
      2009-03-04 20:29:34 XIAMEN Despatch from Sorting Center
      2009-03-05 19:19:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
      2009-03-05 21:45:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
      2009-03-06 13:43:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Arrival at Sorting Center
      2009-03-06 13:44:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Handed over to Customs

16. Ringo*

Ringo* Full Member

So it looks like it was released from customs. YEAH! I guess I was just paranoid because of all of the customs problems that have been occurring lately. Here's what my shipment record looks like so far:

Timing Site Status
      2009-03-02 17:00:00 XIAMEN Posting
      2009-03-02 19:37:08 XIAMEN Arrival at Sorting Center
      2009-03-02 20:19:49 XIAMEN Despatch from Sorting Center
      2009-03-03 19:51:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
      2009-03-04 00:57:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
      2009-03-05 14:04:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USLAXA Arrival at Sorting Center
      2009-03-05 14:05:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USLAXA Handed over to Customs
      2009-03-06 13:31:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USLAXA Released from Customs

17. Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Trying to figure out why mine is going all over the US.
    2009-03-02 11:00:00XIAMEN Posting  
    2009-03-02 13:23:34XIAMEN Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2009-03-02 13:51:53XIAMEN Despatch from Sorting Center  
    2009-03-03 19:58:00GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2009-03-04 01:07:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center  
    2009-03-05 08:26:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2009-03-06 08:25:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 23017 Attempted delivery  
    2009-03-06 16:02:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 28228 Attempted delivery

And who are they attempting to deliver it to?

18. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm not sure but it looks like they are having trouble handing your package over to customs. Maybe they are backed up for some reason.
    The next stop from JFK sorting center should be to customs

19. taz3cat

US post office , prioty mail has to pick up the proity mail etc. Maybe the postal truck are slow.

20. Sunshyn

Sunshyn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mine went to JFK and did NOT go to customs. Coffee Addict, it may not be going through customs at all, especially if it wasn't a large order. The next step after JFK Airport for me was "Arrival at Delivery Office", and it listed my zip code. I'm just a couple hours from JFK. Maybe there is a mix-up about the destination Post Office or they're trying to route it through others first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.