What to look for when it comes to mechanical mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, I am wondering what I should be looking for when it comes to mechanical mods? I'm not really new to the game but I am looking to upgrade soon. I currently have a smoktech magneto v1. I know things such as tube sizes, adjustable center pin, etc.... But what about silver/copper/bronze plated contacts? Or how about the difference between clones and their respective "real" counter-parts in terms of performance? Like what is really the difference between the nemesis clone vs. the real nemesis? Do they both perform the same??

Also, I was looking towards the poldiac cause people say it hits "hard" and of course because of it's side firing button. What is exactly the criteria for a mech mod that hits hard? Also my friend said that he has the poldiac but it does not vent to well at the top? I'm not sure if that sentence makes much sense.

Any recommendations for a new mech mod under $150? Clone or real, idc. Any new mods coming out soon that I should wait for?
:?:

thespawn078

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Honolulu, HI
www.facebook.com
Just going to put it out there that I watched a YouTube video review of the Smok Sidewinder Mod, and I was sold. I managed to get one yesterday for about $25 from Madvapes.com. But, with this particular mod, you have to have an adapter if you want to use an eGo style tank, or a beauty ring for other tanks like my Kanger ProTank 3. Otherwise, it seems like a very simple and solid build that can be switched between using 18350 or 18650 batteries; I only bought the 18650 size because I already have the batteries. I may post my thoughts in a thread elsewhere on the forum when I get it and have a chance to use it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Mrahall

Mar 2, 2013
Montana
I'm no expert, but when people say a certain mod "hits hard" it means that there is little voltage drop to it compared to a cheaper mod. Basically there is solid connection throughout the entire mod. I really do not think that a side fire button vs a bottom button itself makes a difference in how hard the mod hits, it is how well machined it is.

As far as the silver/copper/and bronze contacts, they conduct electricity differently. I believe silver is the best, then copper, then bronze out of those 3 choices ....maybe? I could be totally wrong.

From what I have read through the forums and watching video reviews, there isn't a huge noticeable difference between the performance of the real nemesis vs the clone. Though I would think the real nemesis is a little more refined such as the button I would guess is much smoother. At least you would hope it is for the amount it costs compared to the clone. The nemesis clone and the magneto are both great mods and at a great price. The biggest difference in performance from what I have seen, is what you put on top of them.

I myself cannot justify spending around $100 or more on one mod (it is never just one....not at the rate hot new gear comes out)......sure I am saving lots of money not smoking cigs, but now that money is being used for other things that I couldn't afford previously....like a savings account XD. I would prefer to go the middle road, just like tools. Good for what I use them for, yet won't break me and will not break on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread