Votes: 36 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Tootle Puffer. One decent puff at a time while tootling around*.

(*being a non-native, I had some difficulty to find out what the hell "tootle" actually means, dictionaries not being very helpful in this case. Context was helpful but as to what the word originally means / what it is used for remains a mystery for me. So I keep playing nonsense with it)

Reactions: Katdarling

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..I had some difficulty to find out what the hell "tootle" actually means, dictionaries not being very helpful in this case. Context was helpful but as to what the word originally means / what it is used for remains a mystery for me. So I keep playing nonsense with it)
    I'm almost positive it has to to with the Betty Boop cartoon character, refer to this thread - Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? for more info.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Tootle Puffer. One decent puff at a time while tootling around*.

(*being a non-native, I had some difficulty to find out what the hell "tootle" actually means, dictionaries not being very helpful in this case. Context was helpful but as to what the word originally means / what it is used for remains a mystery for me. So I keep playing nonsense with it)

I'm almost positive it has to to with the Betty Boop cartoon character, refer to this thread - Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? for more info.

Welp, hi. I'm the Betty Boop character to which I believe you referred. ;)

The term "Tootle Puffer" originated here on ECF by a clouder, or minimally someone who uses lower ohms, nic, and PG. It was a way of referring to himself as what he was NOT.

"Toot" can be sort of a slang word for a little puff, nebulis. It can also mean a light honking of a horn. With most definitions, it normally refers to a diminished amount of whatever it is describing. Hope that helps with the translation! :)

somdcomputerguy, I started the Tootle Puffers thread in the search for people who might still vape like I do, in response to the massive changes in the market for gear, vliquid, coils, etc. It was and is about having a bit of fun looking at various vape styles.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2014
    Vienna, Europe
    "Toot" can be sort of a slang word for a little puff, nebulis. It can also mean a light honking of a horn. With most definitions, it normally refers to a diminished amount of whatever it is describing. Hope that helps with the translation! :)
    Yes it does, thank you. Good to have that tootle corner for like-minded people.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Welp, hi. I'm the Betty Boop character to which I believe you referred. ;)
    Hi Kat. Yep, it was actually the Betty character I was maybe mistakenly referring to, but I was also referring to you indirectly because of your avatar and the thread you started. :)
    The term "Tootle Puffer" originated here on ECF by a clouder, or minimally someone who uses lower ohms, nic, and PG. It was a way of referring to himself as what he was NOT.
    You know, now I do recall several earlier posts that define the origination of 'Term 0' :tumble:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread