• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What u started with, what u vape currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahaa663

Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
FINE city
Me :D Performance is not bad, i use it with the iclear16 light weight easy to carry around.

2u77zu8.jpg
iclear16.jpg

I started with this too! the innokin itaste. my tank was .... though. kept burning up and causing lots of problems. Getting a mod and a kanger pro tank! hiopefully it will be better!!

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Spend more than S$3k since a year ago for hardware alone... with 7 running system and loads of spare.
I feel that I'm far over buying...

RSM Hybrid genny
18500 tube with kick

RSM hybrid dripper
18350 setup

ΣΟΦΙΑ
Ibtanked 22mm HalfLing
Gus 18350 setup

ΣΟΦΙΑ
GP SnP tank
GP PAP v4 mod

Calix
GP PAP v4 mod with Kick

ΣΟΦΙΑ
Ibtanked 22mm standard
MCR 101 mod

ΣΟΦΙΑ
ByLeo V2 cage tank
Gus lord 18350 tube

Blargh23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Arizona, US
Started with 1100mAh T-Rex ego clones and cartomizers.

Next stage was semi-disposable CE4 knock-offs. Don't get these. They're horrible. The flimsy plastic really limits the number of times they can rebuilt before the plastic just cracks. The way they're built they gunk up really fast. Cartomizers are way better bang/buck.

Then was a Tumbler knockoff. Which I could rebuild the heads for, but it left me very much not a fan of anything that uses Protank style heads -- if you're going to use one and rebuild the heads (which you'll want to do, they don't wick worth a dang until you've rewicked with cotton), lay in a supply of the center grommets. It died in a gravity-related incident, otherwise I'd still be wrestling with it.

Now I'm using a ToBeCo knockoff of a Kayfun, which is way better than anything I'd tried previously, but not something I'd recommend for newbies or people that don't like fiddling with things.

And still using Ego/Evod batteries for budget reasons, even if the ToBeCo looks a bit goofy on them.

----

For a friend that's interested in starting out I'm recommending a Nautilus Mini (glass, replaceable heads) with some Evod batteries.

Last edited:

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Update to my vape list...

Cleared my inventory recently.

Stuck with

rDNA40
Evic VT
DIY DNA200 (work in progress)
SMPL mech.

Goblin Mini RTA
Billow V2
Subtank mini.
Marquis RDA.
Velocity RDA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm.. What batt u planning on using for the 200 chip? Been thinking lately if I should start on DIYing.. A mech is more straightforward than a regulated, so not sure on the interior, as to holding the chip in place and also how to do the display :(

six6gate

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Local
DNA200 was designed to use lipo battery. If you want to use 18650s, you will have to use 3 of them in series to get 200W. Most people buy their lipos from R/C hobby shops. Evolv started selling the lipo batts recently. I do believe there won't be any problem shipping in lipos. Alternatively you can wait a few months, the dna200 should be available. Couple of mod makers are in progress making them.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Hmmm.. What batt u planning on using for the 200 chip? Been thinking lately if I should start on DIYing.. A mech is more straightforward than a regulated, so not sure on the interior, as to holding the chip in place and also how to do the display :(

I was thinking of using a Hammond box but still trawling through forums for the best ready made case online. So far the boxes I see are a little too big for the capacity I wanna run, but that's the price you pay for not having a custom enclosure.

For batteries I was thinking of just getting lipos direct from evolve. Too lazy to look through what batts are suitable, 30c or 50c or whatever.

I'll probably find a build I like online, and then replicate 1:1.

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
I was thinking of using a Hammond box but still trawling through forums for the best ready made case online. So far the boxes I see are a little too big for the capacity I wanna run, but that's the price you pay for not having a custom enclosure.

For batteries I was thinking of just getting lipos direct from evolve. Too lazy to look through what batts are suitable, 30c or 50c or whatever.

I'll probably find a build I like online, and then replicate 1:1.

DNA200 was designed to use lipo battery. If you want to use 18650s, you will have to use 3 of them in series to get 200W. Most people buy their lipos from R/C hobby shops. Evolv started selling the lipo batts recently. I do believe there won't be any problem shipping in lipos. Alternatively you can wait a few months, the dna200 should be available. Couple of mod makers are in progress making them.

Ya R/C using Lipos for years now, so it's not difficult gettin one;) one good thing is no battery sled to worry about..
With DIYing a vv mod the only things different would be where and how the secure the chipset and display strip.. And the fact that I do not know any guys would owns a proper machine shop make the enclosure thing a bit of a challenge..
Maybe should look into 3d printing? Lol

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
Started with the evic vt and kanger subtank mini v2.

Using the sx mini m class now and the ipv4s.

Added another gold subtank mini, atlantis v2, smok tfv4, herakles sense and billow v2.

Looking to add in a VT200 while waiting for the hobo customs dna200 mod and wpuld love to get my hand on some paul marek design sx 26650 custom mods or a stickman superleggera gt as well as a svoemesto kayfun v4 and a velocity rda.

2r2n8l4.jpg

Jeffydoo

Verified Member
Dec 1, 2013
NIL
Started with the evic vt and kanger subtank mini v2.

Using the sx mini m class now and the ipv4s.

Added another gold subtank mini, atlantis v2, smok tfv4, herakles sense and billow v2.

Looking to add in a VT200 while waiting for the hobo customs dna200 mod and wpuld love to get my hand on some paul marek design sx 26650 custom mods or a stickman superleggera gt as well as a svoemesto kayfun v4 and a velocity rda.

2r2n8l4.jpg

:D

Looks like you frequent a store that I frequent up north !!
The Subtank mini gold plated looks stunning! damn ur poisonous!

Was thinking of getting the TFV4 but worry that my eVic VT doesn't fit well how does it fit on the Evic VT?
Will skip the SXmini for now, I know it feels solid, but it's abit too heavy for the capacity of battery it holds, 1*18650,

Just a Headsup, if you're used to the airflow from the tanks that u are using now, and judging from the way u vape(Ni200+powerful stuff), u will find the KFV4 too restrictive, besides it has too many components and makes it kinda PITA to wash and wipe dry. Suggest you avoid the KFV4. Depending on your build, most of your tanks can achieve same, if not better Much experience with the KFV4.

Just my 2c

Cheers!

Reactions: smokyribs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread