What vape to get for a beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
Hi guys,
My friend has a birthday soon and I wanted to get him a vape.
I myself vapw for a few months now and I know he wants to quit smoking too.
I have a Kangertech subvod mega TC, and we have another friend that has an ijust 2.
I want something similar to those devices but I don't want that we will have the same one.
Ia there something similar you can recommend for up to 30$?
Thank you!

CigmundFreud

Nov 3, 2014
Coral Springs, Fl
I'd recommend the joyetech AIO: eGo AIO

I have it and it's great for beginners. It's top-fill, leak-proof, and a very user friendly design. It's for traditional vaping and not cloud-chasing though. Just make sure to teach your friend how to prime the coils before using.

NOam

Jul 24, 2016
I'd recommend the Joyetech AIO: eGo AIO

I have it and it's great for beginners. It's top-fill, leak-proof, and a very user friendly design. It's for traditional vaping and not cloud-chasing though. Just make sure to teach your friend how to prime the coils before using.
That was one of my first thoughts but I think he would like more vapor production.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
How about a regular KangerTech Subvod, instead of like your Subvod Mega? Vapes.com has them for $25.

Or...how about an iStick Basic kit? It's kind of unusual in that the tank fits down into the body and stays put with a magnetic connector. It accepts any 14mm diameter tank, too, can be 510 or eGo bottom. Coils come in several different resistances, too. The kit comes with (1) iStick Body with 2300mAh battery, (1) Eleaf GS Air 2 tank, (2) .75ohm coils, (1) 510 Connector, (1) eGo connector, (1) USB cable, and (1) User Manual. Best price I've ever seen for it is $9.95 right now at Kidney Puncher! That price, plus S/H would let you get him at least 1 box of coils, too, and still be within your $30!

You actually waited just a few days too late for many of the sales. I got several iStick Picos 75W for $21 each, and some of the KangerTech Subvods at vapes for $20 each. Still...the prices above are really decent, too!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I suggest disclosing that you're buying him a vape and only do it if he supports it. You want to start him when he's ready. If he says go don't spend too much so that if the results are positive he can go immedieatley and get some thing better if he likes. In my experience the first device only has to be relevent for a few days, time to build confidence.

If you're a really good friend you could get him something inexpensive and easy then say if he sticks with it for some days and wants to go further you'll take him to a vape shop and buy him something better. The upside, if you get him off cigs he'll be rather in your debt pretty much forever.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'd think very basic and work your way up from there. The older gear while still viable are great places to start and offer inexpensive offerings:

• eLeaf Icare and Icare mini - very inexpensive and easy to use.
    • Kanger EVOD - fixed output and air flow. Very simple and cheap devices.
    • iStick 20/30W with Nautilus Mini - Adjustable power and airflow, one lives in my coat pocket as backup.
    • VTC Mini and TopTank Mini or Subtank Mini - much more complicated with many modes.

Reactions: David Wolf

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    something low wattage high ohmage, one needs to gradually step into vaping.... dont expect to go from smoking to some 100W + unit to replace the ciggies... smoking is a totally different experience from vaping.. one cant just simply transition from smoking to vaping via a hi wattage device, its going to be too much of a differential transition to be effective.... slowly back off the ciggies and increase the usage of vaping and if needed, increase the nic/flavor/watts to make up the "lack" of satisfaction that will be lacking from the ciggies.... do the dual usage for a bit if needed... eventually one can migrate from ciggies to vaping... some can do it instantly but others need time... you will know what your time line is through experience and desire...

some do it in 1 day.... it takes others several months.... only you will know what your time line will be... goals are good to have but make them reasonable... :)

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    repetitive arent I ?? drink several beers and see if you do better :)

What kind do you have? Oh, heck. I'm not a beer snob, I'll be right over.

Oh, as to the OP...
    Unfortunately, vaping is a lil steep to enter, but the savings afterwards come quick and fast (yuk yuk... oh, shiny!) because everything requires spares, and finally some spares for your spares.

On $30 to save a family member, I'd buy 3 AIO's. That's both a specific mod, and a genre. All In One. You can probably find them cheap here..
    Joyetech eGo AIO Starter Kit $9.99 - Best Vape Deals - Cheap Vape Mods, Tanks & eJuice | Vaping Cheap

To have a great chance of succeeding on the first try, you can't have obstacles like "it needs to charge" or "I have to get a part" justify buying more smokes. These could save a beginners life, no problem. They HAVE to want to try though.

I've tried SO many devices, and this little thing WILL take you from tootling beginner to lung busting cloudbro if you please. I'm very impressed, gave a dozen to my crew.

Ooops. Add juice. Oy....

Last edited:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013

Indeed. All of it. I just saw this and I'm aboard this ship. On the clouds, a low slow draw at full air can be a PRETTY impressive thing. I was very pleasantly surprised by this.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    Joyetech AIO was my first device. It got me to realize I could really like vaping, after a little tweaking. I had to get a 1.00 ohm coil to keep from coughing at first rather than the lower ohm coils the device comes with. I did move up in devices 2 times shortly after that and now have an Eleaf Pico with an Atlantis Evo tank and am content for now. I'd say they would make a great, easy to use intro gift.

Reactions: Racehorse

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest

I just started a newbie on that and was going to be my suggestion here as well. :)

No extra tank to screw on/off, just fill and go. Prime new coil, screw it on, close it up.......done. And so easy to fill. And CHEAP.

30ml Ejuice + AIO + 1 extra package coils = under $40 !!

Ended up getting the 1.0 ohm coils for my newbie friend, the 0.6 were a little too hot/strong for her (she coughed a lot )

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 21, 2016
    www.huffandpuffers.com
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier

Falco78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    If I were in the beginning stages again I'd start with a mod I could grow into that gives me some future options and a tank that has the ohm coils you're looking for and an rba deck that will let you build in the future if you really get into it.

I have spent a fortune over the years and I wish I would have taken the path above to save me what would now be a fortune. You might spend a bit more now but you will wind up saving yourself a ton down the road. My personal recommendation would be something like an Istick 50 and a Uwell Crown. If bought from FT you'd be at around $70 and that includes an RBA and some drop in coils

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Reactions: daviedog
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread