What was your first Mod and what Mod did you upgrade too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Templetam

Dec 10, 2016
Los Angeles
Other than a few failed forays with Blu cigalikes, both the disposable and carto types, my first mod was a Kamry K100 and my first atty was a sigelei Sig-S rda. Both were, and continue to be, pretty terrible.

"Upgraded" to an Aspire CF mod - the kind that takes an 18650, not the internal job - and stuck with that less-than-spectacular RDA. Moved on to the seemingly high tech Kangertech subox kit after that and got sucked down the rabbit hole, as it were.

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
Started with a fill your own 808 carton, then moved to a vamo with a protank, then I moves on to an istick 50 and had limited success at the time making my own coils for a Taifun GT-T V2. Now I can make coils and wicks with no issues and still use my isticks as backups and have a huge assortment of tanks and it seems as if I'm always buying another. In fact I just purchased a 10ml big buddha

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
A rip off ciga-like from V2... It was horrible and I was flipping back and forth between that thing and stinkies. How are they in business is beyond me. They just came out with a box mod, pretty cheap, but asking as if it was made of gold.

I think people are intimidated by all the vaping terminology and knowledge required. I realized that when a buddy of mine asked to be educated couple hours before Black Friday deals were off..... Not an easy task to explain everything in a short time - try it ;)

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
If I had to do it all over again I'd start out with a decent 18650 mod with some good quality replacement batteries and a Uwell Crown tank if I was scared to build my own coils or a Taifun GT-T V2 if I wanted to build my own coils. I spent so much money upgrading I'd have saved a fortune if I'd bought something decent to start with. For a decent yet cheap $40 mod try the RX200

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Tried cigalikes with no success over the years. Got a Joyetech Ego AOI in July and made it work better for me by using a 1.0 ohm coil. Bought an Eleaf iStick nano with internal battery and it couldn't keep up with my vaping, had to be on the charger all the time. Went up to external battery charging with an iStick Pico and an Atlantis Evo tank and that's where I am at now, very happily. Coil building is next on my list, expecting Santa will bring me a coil building tool kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread