What was your transition from smoking to vaping like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
It was easy for me, took three tries to get the flavor that let me put the analogs down for good - that was the second day I owned a PV (cigalike piece of junk but, it worked) A week later I had an Ego, and five months in, I had a Provari. Now I DIY my juice, rebuild my tanks and, it's as much a source of nicotine as it just a fun hobby I enjoy.

In short, quitting analogs for vaping was the easiest thing I've ever done.

Tanzt

Jul 16, 2013
The Orange of Counties, CA
I quit 353 days ago, I had already had a Joye 510 from a while before, stopped using it and then one day just decided I was done. I had smoked for 8 years 1-2 packs a day at some points, until almost the end where I cut back to 2 packs a week. I haven't looked back since and now I hate the smell of cig smoke or peoples hands that smell like smoke.

Crazy Birdy Mom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Michigan, United States
It was not easy but it was what I HAD to do....

the issues I'm having now is my mother thinks I spend too much time in my new 'hobby' and too much of my hubby's money...I've spent about $125 in two weeks getting a eGo CTwist battery, Clearos, and juice. I would like a MOD due to my hands having RA and grip issues but I want to find exactly what I want first before I buy. I'm going to Vape Expo in Ann Arbor, MI to try new stuff and get some freebies.

The hardest thing is dealing with her attitude (she's smoked for 40+ years) but hubby and new vaping friends are supportive...

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com
When I first tried quitting I purchased a V2 starter kit and it only lasted a few days before I picked up a real cig. again (v2 just didn't cut it and the batteries died quickly)........... Then my coworker introduced me to vaping with his ego-twist and it was easy to quit once I got my Innokin itaste in, I just loved how there is so many choices on devices and juices etc that it was easy for me to quit. Smoked for over 16 years and now its been more than a month since I quit smoking.........

This is pretty much my experience with V2. Found them online, tried them, carts tasted bad and batteries were terrible. I stuck with the V2 while waiting on my ego spinner and ce4's. Once I made that switch I had no love left for tobacco smokes. I think, in addition to smokes tasting, smelling and feeling terrible, the money I will be saving in the long-term now was a huge incentive to make the transition.

Edit: Should mention I use ce5 clearomizers now that have replaceable atomizers. That's gonna save a lot more money than tossing out my ce4s when they wear out.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I started with smoktip as a means to quit
Went from 16 mg to 12 then splitting time between 12 and 6 mg
Then I lost all flavor did not know at the time about vapor tongue
So I searched for a better product and highly disappointed with V2 and V4 Life
but when I ordered from halo and to keep a long story short they suggested buying juice and tanks
ended up with ego's and t3's and fell in love
I am no longer using to quit just yet
I am happy vaping right now and 4 months away from the cigs

rinswind

Oct 26, 2011
Pitlochry Scotland
Easy well eventually. 2 years ago I tried a lookalike didn't really do it for me gave up after about 6 weeks and a fair bit of cheating. Thought oh well I gave it a try just like the rest gum lozenges patches nothing is going to work. Then I was browsing on the net and thought wonder what is happening on ecf took a look and discovered the world of juices and clearomisers and vv and god knows what. I don't know why it didn't register before maybe I just wasn't ready. Anyway got a little jac vapor auto and a couple of CE4 and wow the difference was great, have progressed to a spinner now. Lately I have found that the tobacco flavors are not tasting so good and I prefer the fruit ones or I need to add spearmint to tobacco, I think my taste buds are waking up. Tried an analogue a week ago while on holiday and it was disgusting threw the rest of the pack in the bin. So it has been an easy transition once my head was in the right place.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Seriously, I would not wish this on anyone, but if you are older and need to get a tooth or teeth extracted, you will NOT be able to smoke for 2 or 3 days. Unless your threshold for pain is incredibly high ...

That got me over the hump, and then the gadget fascination kicked in ...

I still keep a pack of analogs handy, but haven't even been tempted for over 2 weeks, and haven't been able to finish one on the few occasions that I did "cheat" ...

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
Seriously, I would not wish this on anyone, but if you are older and need to get a tooth or teeth extracted, you will NOT be able to smoke for 2 or 3 days. Unless your threshold for pain is incredibly high ...

That got me over the hump, and then the gadget fascination kicked in ...

I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled and one of the excuses I've been using for putting it off is that I wouldn't be able to smoke for days after the extraction. I assume that also goes for vaping - or does it?

I bought a starter kit and once it arrived (next day - thank you Canada Post) I had one more burny that day and since then I've burnt a pack in a week where before I was burning a pack+ a day.

Of course since then I've also spent in a week what I would have in a month for combustibles on new toys, but it never was about saving money :)

Hullywood

Jul 22, 2013
Gothenburg
I quit smoking and started using lollipops, I kept this up for 2 months smoke free, I wanted my girlfriend to stop too but she was not able to succeed even though she had previously quit analogs with nic gum.

I started looking into ecigs for her and then boom... I ended up vaping myself just cause its so damn fun. I actually tried a cig last week and yuk it sure taste worst then I ever remember. Also the smoke from the cig has nothing on the amount of vape you get with a PV, I sure love those clouds!

Steffers656

Jul 23, 2013
Michigan
My transition was quick and painless to say the least. Saw my sister in law with a PV device, tried it, loved it and went and bought one the next day. I vaped for about a week, and really didn't have much craving for a regular cig but wanted to try one just to make sure I was done with them... after I hacked up a lung and my tongue felt like the bottom of an ash tray I knew I was finished with analogs once and for all. I have now transformed both my parents and a hand full of friends over to PV devices... I feel like I am saving lives one vape at a time. :2cool:

chris736

Jul 10, 2013
New York
The day I received my e-cig I charged the battery and I quit regular smokes after taking three drags from Halo Sub Zero 24mg and got a buzz I hadn't felt in a long time. I've been smoking 1.5 to 2 packs of menthol smokes for 20+ years. I did get myself to really hate regular cigarettes(ashes, tar, residues, chemicals, taste, smell, cost, etc), so it was sort of easy to quit. I went through three 7 ml juices quickly after I had adjusted and built up a quick tolerance to the more pure nicotine. Initially I took the 3 puffs and was good for almost an hour. Now I'm chain vaping but I feel soooo much better. My lungs expand much easier and the burn in my throat is gone. Just bought my own nicotine PG mix and some VG with some flavorings. This is going to be so much cheaper than tobacco or retail pre made e-juices. I did quit smoking for 5 months before but out of the blue the craving came on and then off the wagon I fell. I will try to slowly lower nic levels over time rather than abruptly quitting. Less stress on the body and mind and less chance of relapsing. I'm wondering if I will be able to quit vaping, though. Even if I get to a 0% nicotine e liquid I might want to keep vaping anyways. It's fun and tastes good. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread