What we will be able to say about harms of tobacco cigarettes if they will be as new as ecigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokyo87

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Until now evidence about e-cigarettes suggest that they are pretty much harmless.

What we could say about harms of tobacco cigarettes if they existed just 10 years?

What will evidence suggest about long-term harms of smoking tobacco cigarettes until now?

What are the short-term of smoking tobacco cigarettes?

I am sure that no one would die because of smoking in these 10 years. What about illnesses?

tpedwards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2013
Australia
Personally, i believe that ecigs will most certainly have some unforseen side effects. However from my experience it is highly unlikely that they will even come close to Tobacco products in terms of illness and other related medical issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
There is something called chemical analysis.
It wouldn't take long to figure out cigarettes emit *insert super long list of harmful substances*.

Will alot of people drop dead after 1, 5 or 10 years of smoking? Propably not, but it would be undisputed that inhaling, let's say Carbonmonoxide, on a regular basis isn't the best idea in the world.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I believe that long term consumption of Green Beans is a major cause of Colon cancer. I defy you to post a long term study proving otherwise.

The I Dare You To Prove A Negative arguement is scientifically and philosophically invalid but it makes good FUD by those with an otherwise baseless agenda.

Vaping has been proven to be far safer than anything we eat. That's an obvious fact.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
How do you mean? I am just curious what other members of forum think... It is legitimate question.

You're kidding, right? Here are your previous threads.

Study Finds More Chemical Causes For Concern In E-Cigarette Vapor

Is this still a harm reduction?

Is nicotine really as safe as e-cigarette supporters make out?

How much vaping is too much vaping?

Is there anybody who vape and have a cancer now or had a cancer in the past?

New study - cardiovascular disease risk

Do you vape? Don’t blow it through your nose

Is Vaping Really Healthier than Smoking?

A million times more harmful than outdoor air

What to say about "long-term health effects"?

Now, if I were a bettin' man, I'd say there was a serious agenda going on here and it's not all in the name of curiousity.

Prove me wrong. But if this type of behavior continues, do not be surprised if the staff begins to take action.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Personally, i believe that ecigs will most certainly have some unforseen side effects. However from my experience it is highly unlikely that they will even come close to Tobacco products in terms of illness and other related medical issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The one thing I see happening is a healthier population. PG has been proven to kill or at least block germs. Maybe that is why I've not had a cold or the flu since I started vaping almost 5 years ago compared to the at least 3 a year while still smoking. Just a bit of food for thought to those that think bad things will happen down the line.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
@retired1 ~ These *type* of post raise the hair on the back of my neck. Try as I might, I cannot shake the feeling that #1) it's bait & #2) they do nothing to promote vaping as a healthier alternative. This type of curiosity makes vaping look bad which makes me wanna know what the real agenda is.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Until now evidence about e-cigarettes suggest that they are pretty much harmless.

What we could say about harms of tobacco cigarettes if they existed just 10 years?

What will evidence suggest about long-term harms of smoking tobacco cigarettes until now?

What are the short-term of smoking tobacco cigarettes?

I am sure that no one would die because of smoking in these 10 years. What about illnesses?
We had the solution to help people get off cigarettes with greatly reduced harm but our greed for tax monies we hastened tge death of tens of thousands of smokers.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
In the news today
http://www. dispatch. com/content/stories/national_world/2016/07/29/report-e-cigarette-vapor-releases-cancerous-chemicals.html

Report: E-cigarette vapor releases cancerous chemicals
This report is important because it takes junk science to a whole new level. It is claiming that PG and VG, previously determined by FDA to be safe for inhalation, to now be carcinogenic
:pop::pop::pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mykline

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
This report is important because it takes junk science to a whole new level. It is claiming that PG and VG, previously determined by FDA to be safe for inhalation, to now be carcinogenic
:pop::pop::pop:
I think R1 is saying the report IS junk science. @retired1 clarify please!!

Reactions: Kenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread