Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Without any knowledge of the individual circumstance, I would say in the absence of documentation, any coils that come with a tank (RTA, RDTA, whatever) are Kanthal.

Here, how are you calculating that value to suggest it's 0.05 ohm less? Just gauge and wraps? There are lots of other variables from the ID not being exactly what you think it is to the lengths of the legs that a 0.05 ohm difference from say Steam Engine vs. even a coil I made myself wouldn't raise any concern that something is off. Off by 0.25 ohm, yes, something is amiss. Regardless, stick to wattage and enjoy. What's the new tank?

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Oh the tank is old it's just 2 wires that came with it. Dual kanthals always come out to 0.3-0.32, this comes to 0.25... pretty sure its nichrome anything else would come out much lower. Turns blue after dry burning like nichrome too. Only used it cause I dropped an RDA deck on floor, full of cat hair etc and I'm currently waiting on wire order I made 3 weeks ago. Slowtech so hopefully they last another 3-5 weeks whatever they are lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread