• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What you're going through or went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
Well, for me I want to switch all or most of my analog habit over to vaping. I want to smell, taste, breathe. I'm having a hard time because the eliquids I have just aren't tasting good enough for me to want it more than analogs. That combined with hubby smoking is making the analogs more alluring. I'm hoping with finding a tasty juice I'll vape more and more.

Tuesday

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
USA
I have not had an analog for over 4 months. I had a dream that I was smoking a regular cigarette last night and it freaked me out. I went to Walgreens to pick up a few things that I needed and then at the checkout I looked up and saw all those packs of cigs, I had to keep my eyes turned downward.
I think you need to keep reading on the forums and try as many flavors as possible, maybe you can convince your hubby to try the e-cig. I know that part must be hard. I see people all the time in public smoking but just in passing. All my friends and family have quit all together. Hang in there. Health is so important and as for smoking, well we all know what that can lead to. I am glad you started this group and I am sure everyone will support you.
I work with COPD patients and also patients on ventilators OMG. No one would ever want to go there!!!

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
I think a dream like that can be tough. You didn't do it but some part of you thought about it. Kinda like dreaming you're still with an ex. 8-o

I just place 2 orders for more juice...hopefully one or two will tickle my fancy. Just one juice I want to vape would make me happy. Maybe I'll find more than one :D

Tomorrow I'm swinging by Michael's Crafts and picking up some flavoring...they don't have Loranns but have Wilton. I'm hoping I can bump up my flavorless stuff with it to use til the new stuff comes in.

Last edited:

flingitnow

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Downriver, Michigan
Newbie here. I have COPD and have been a smoker for over 35 years. I first got the Npro and could not breathe from coughing so hard. I thought it was the pg. I quit vaping for about a month and got a Joye 501 with some vg juices along with the Ecopure vg and
H2O with no nicotine to cut the other juices if i need to. I have found that I am cutting all the juices and for topping off the ecopure is what I have been using. I am enjoying vaping and yes I have still smoked a few analogs but after smoking 30 to 40 analogs a day I smoked less than 10 today. I really have to quit so i need to try and ride the rough part out so I am gonna tough it out as much as I can. I go to see my doc on 03.12 and we will see what he has to say about how my lungs sound then. I find that I have to take breaks in between drags to give my throat and mouth a chance to recoop a bit or I will cough like crazy. I know I have crud in my lungs cuz I have been coughing it up for years. I also suffer from sinuses and allergies so I am trying to be careful but still reach my goal of quitting within the month. We will see as time goes by.

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
Well, I hope you do meet your goal Flingitnow. I'm trying to keep the mentality that every cigarette replace with puffing is a victory to be proud of instead of beating myself up for smoking. If I hadn't found out about vaping I would still be smoking 2+ packs a day instead of only about a half a pack.
I hope for your health that it goes well for you. I love smoking but I wish I could go back in time and slap those first cigarettes out of my hand.

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
Kat - You have to be convinced the PV is gonna fulfill your needs and for that you need a go-to flavor that satisfies you. I was lucky and found my wintergreen right away. Still, it took me about a month to finally give up the smokes.

Also, with your hubby still smoking and having cigs in the house, that makes it alot harder. Maybe you could make a deal with him to keep the cigs out of sight or something? Does he smoke in the house? If so, maybe get him to only smoke in one room? Hopefully you can both come to an agreement that can help.

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
Newbie here. I have COPD and have been a smoker for over 35 years. I first got the Npro and could not breathe from coughing so hard. I thought it was the pg. I quit vaping for about a month and got a Joye 501 with some vg juices along with the Ecopure vg and
H2O with no nicotine to cut the other juices if i need to. I have found that I am cutting all the juices and for topping off the ecopure is what I have been using. I am enjoying vaping and yes I have still smoked a few analogs but after smoking 30 to 40 analogs a day I smoked less than 10 today. I really have to quit so i need to try and ride the rough part out so I am gonna tough it out as much as I can. I go to see my doc on 03.12 and we will see what he has to say about how my lungs sound then. I find that I have to take breaks in between drags to give my throat and mouth a chance to recoop a bit or I will cough like crazy. I know I have crud in my lungs cuz I have been coughing it up for years. I also suffer from sinuses and allergies so I am trying to be careful but still reach my goal of quitting within the month. We will see as time goes by.

You are making great progress! Try not to think of quitting with such dread though... Toughing it out sounds so painful! Regular quitting is like that, I know. However, I hope that you find that vaping will be much easier. I suspect that with the COPD you will cough no matter what you inhale but it seems you are learning the slow draw for vaping. I still forget and take a quick drag and cough like crazy but it's getting less that way.

Good for you! :)

After a week of vaping, I am happy with what I have accomplished, but when I come to this site and see how many people on the first day of vaping, immediately quit smoking, I wish I could quit that quickly.

My challenges: I still want an analog right after a meal and crave them more late at night. And all my friends still smoke, so when we go out for dinner or drinks and they all go outside for a smoke break, I feel left out if I don't join them. And just not buying any more analogs wouldn't help, because the minute you tell me I can't have something, I obsess and want it more.

The positives: I was a 1.5-2 pack a day smoker and I have already cut that in half. It also seems to help satisfy my chain smoking habit when I go out and drink.

Katattack, if you need more intense flavor, have you tried Freedom Smokes? I got a few small bottles from a few different vendors (Dekang and India) and Freedom Smokes seemed to be the strongest flavor to me so far, plus they have the option of getting double strength flavor.

Also, I thought I would have to smoke tobacco flavors to replace the flavor of a cigarette, but my favorites are fruity or sweet, because they taste so much better than a cigarette (and I do not have much of a sweet tooth). And even though I smoked light cigarettes, I bought 24mg and I am glad, because I am not having any nicotine cravings.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Tuesday, I still dream about having an analog once in a while and it's over 11 months for me with out an analog. In my dream I am vaping away and look down to see it's a cigarette instead! I think it's a variation on the where are my clothes dream..8-o
Once in a while when I am awake I think an analog would be lovely right about now..but I would get hooked too easily! I just hit the mini pipe or VK a bit harder and up the nic. I have nic from 18mg to o nic.
This adventure hasn't been easy, but I come here and type away. Just look at my thread count to see how much I struggle!:rolleyes:

cantedview

Mar 25, 2010
N/A
[warning... this is long... it is after all the story of what I have gone through]

I know that finding a good liquid flavor is largely a personal taste issue, but I was lucky... my brother in law started vapping a few months before me. It's funny, I made fun of everything he'd try when he first did it because it seemed so strange, but man am I lucky that he stuck with it (because in the end, I followed suit on most of his successes, and have been analog free [give or take 4-5 along the way] for almost 3 months).

I started with a Blu pack because they look like analogs and have the cool PCC. But when the carts would run out fairly quickly, I tried liquid that he had. At first, I thought I'd like tobacco (cause I smoked for nearly 15 years), but it didn't take long to realize that I don't actually like the flavor of cigarettes... I like nicotine. :) So I tried several flavors (the Blu pack comes with 5, so I already was open to flavors like Menthol that I didn't use to smoke). In the end, I have settled on NHaler's Juicy Pear (can't say enough about how much I love it), and Totally Wicked's Menthol (for times when I want more throat hit).

I also eventually gave up on wanting automatic batteries exclusively, because I started dripping directly on my attys, and with automatics, that can really clog up when dripping. I tried manual batteries that fit my Blue attys (Joye 510 white batts) initially, but they require a different charger... so then I went to a Joye 510 pass-through with the Blu atty and cart (even though I strictly drip). Most recently, I wanted a way to vape longer than either a 510 or Blu (or Volcano, I tried those too) battery lasts... luckily, my brother in law had just gotten a Janty eGo kit, and I tried it. Wow! 6-8 hours of steady vapping without requiring recharging (and it's not the size of a hand cannon)... I rock this thing around the house all day now... no need to be tethered to the pass-through any more.

So the setup I have finally settled into is a Totally Wicked Tornado using Blu attys and an emptied Blu cart, that I drip with at home, and Blu's that I refill (using a modal mod in the carts) for when I go out to a club. It's been a long journey (and it's not over), but I am happy to say that after 15 years of smoking nearly a pack a day of analogs, I now have upgraded the habit, and am exclusively vapping instead!

Good luck with your own journey. Finding a liquid flavor that you like is step #1 in my opinion. Be open minded... there are a lot of great flavors out there... with a little testing (I suggest buying sampler sizes when you can) you will find at least one that works for you soon enough.

HV!

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Kat, sorry I haven't posted until now.

To all the people that are still hanging in there, all you can do is the best you can do. Quitting isn't easy for everyone. It's usually pretty darn difficult. It took me over two months to quit. I'm coming up on a year and I still have cravings. The other day I had the Hubby's Marlboros reds in my hand. I so wanted to open the pack and have one. I mean I REALLY wanted one. I gave him his cigs and hit the 36mg like a mad woman. Ended up having to take a nitro from the chest pains it caused me,lol Even knowing that will happen if I smoke I still want to.

Just remember this:

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread