Whats a good e-cig battery for around $50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I'm new to e-cigarettes and I was wondering what's a well built and reliable e-cig for around $50. I've done some research and have decided on an 'aspire nautilus mini' tank but just need help with the battery part. I prefer the pipe design to the box, BUT if there is a super reliable box then I wouldn't mind going for a box. I want something that I could use for about a year or two. Also, which do you think is better. The Vision Spinner II or Vamo V5? Any personal or professional opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
dude if you have 50 dollars and you dont want to full on mod get an EVIC on amazon

I have the innoken mvp. Love it. Also, of the other two you mentioned, I prefer the spinner

Spinner is a great battery

or an EVOD

Forgive me for my previously saying an EVOD, what i meant is an EVIC, those batteries are sick

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The spinner and vamo are good units, but they aren't likely to last up to 2 years (your requirement). The vamo might, but probably won't and you would need to buy batteries and a charger for them separately (additional cost that could easily add up to $50 by themselves).

The MVP mentioned above is very, very good. Huge battery life (2600 mah), vape-while-charging capability (no having to wait for it to charge - you can use it while it's plugged in), variable voltage and wattage controls (lets you control the power of the vape - very useful). It even has a USB port that lets you power/charge other devices (e.g., cell phones), which is surprisingly useful.

If the box form factor puts you off, it's little brother - the VV V3 - has the same features in a square tube format that's just as easy to have in your pocket as a spinner. The only real sacrifice is a smaller battery (900 mah, I believe) than the MVP.

The nautilus mini (with BVC coil heads) is a very good tank, BTW - you should get a quality vape out of that and it will fit nicely on the VV V3 or the MVP.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sigelei Zmax is all stainless steel and can telescope to accommodate several sizes of lMR batteries. It does VV and VW and produces a respectable vape.

Whatever you buy, make sure it can take an 18650 battery. Anything with a built-in battery like the Spinner will be a throwaway when the battery weakens.

BTW, if the battery is replaceable, we refer to it as a mod. A battery is something you throw away when it won't charge anymore. The Spinner contains a battery, but it also houses the electronics, so it's technically a variable voltage mod.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
An iTaste VV V3 with a Nautilus Mini BVC ~ and you are good for quite a while

15g7adw.jpg

Pic shows Evods on the iT-VV-V3, while they are good the Nauti-BVC is much BETTER :)

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I always recommend MVP2 to new vapers and those stepping up from egos, heres why:
MVP is a solid device - some have reported running it over with their car and its till functioning (Though I wouldn't recommend trying this)
Built in battery - no reason to spend $50+ on good quality batteries and a charger.
Charge & Vape - you can vape while charging so even if you need a little extra juice during the day you can hook it up to your micro USB car charger.
11w max output - more than enough for most clearos, and can even put your toe in the water on rebuildables if that is your thing.
Box Mod - the square shape distributes the height of the mod more evenly than tube mods - with tube mods they tend to fall over and roll off the table, and in 18650 mode feels like carrying around a baton.
Comparing features and out the door cost to any other mod this will likely have it beat. Granted there are much better devices offering higher wattage, but if you are only using clearomizers on it, the higher wattage mods have little (if any) benefit. IMO

Cons:
button push can be difficult for those with hand problems, but if your hands are in working order, this isn't a con
Built in battery - the device is ultimately disposable, but many have said theirs have worked for 2+ years - making the device cost about 10 cents a day.

hth

Hi there, I'm new to e-cigarettes and I was wondering what's a well built and reliable e-cig for around $50. I've done some research and have decided on an 'aspire nautilus mini' tank but just need help with the battery part. I prefer the pipe design to the box, BUT if there is a super reliable box then I wouldn't mind going for a box. I want something that I could use for about a year or two. Also, which do you think is better. The Vision Spinner II or Vamo V5? Any personal or professional opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Please take a look at the itaste vv v3, its vv/vw battery up to 5 volts and 11 watts 800mah battery thats a passthru so you can vape while its charging, and with the nautilus mini this thing is a perfect intro into vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread