Whats considered to be the best E-Cig for a newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Do yourself a favor and order an ego. You can always pick up a 510 or 2 later, as they are much cheaper. Mine is on its way after struggling with a battery nightmare trying to keep batteries charged for my wife an I. They last me about 2 hours, where the standard ego is supposed to last 6, and the kits come with an extra battery.
Make sure and look at all the things that each company offers in their kits, as they vary slightly. Also look for the joye brand. I think Riva has similar reviews as well. buy from one of the suppliers recommended in here.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Again with the eGo, just make sure it is a Janty or Joye (Joyetech) eGo. Anything else is a clone.

Battery life of the standard battery is fine for most people, I've gone a day and a half (heavy vaping) on one charge. If you're near a computer (or in the car) a lot, 30USD for the USB battery is worth it IMO. It just lets you plug it into your computer (or with car adapter the car) and vape while charging... since I got mine I have NEVER drained the battery... but most of my day is at a computer, so it's always charged.

alnjessie

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Rock Hill, SC
eGo eGo it is the way to go. I love mine most people but not all, who enjoy smoking but not the nastiness and health risk of it regret getting anything less than an eGo and end up getting one later on and wish they would have started with it first.....you will love it and there are so many options that come with it too that you can slowly add to it over time to make it even more enjoyable...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yep, Ego is a good choice. 510 is nice, but your will end up spending $35 for a starter kit and then later ordering the $70 Ego kit. That's not a bad path, though. The 510 is compact, produces nice vapor, and is good for stealth vaping. The downside is the frequent battery charges (about 1 1/2 hour life). The Ego is still small enough to be pocket sized and will last 8-12 hours, 6 if you huff it like a madman. The Mega cylinder cart and atomizer upgrade will put you into the twice a day refill zone instead of ever 45 minutes.

There are 6 parts to the Wonderful World of Vaping. This link is part 1 of 6. This should be a must read for all new Vapers.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

Last edited:

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
In my opinion, it depends if you are a heavy smoker. I smoked 3 packs a day and the 510's battery is too small for me, lots of charging. I now have a Riva, a little more battery life than an eGo and I love it. I am a heavy vapor and get about 5 1/2 hours on a charge.

If you are a lighter smoker, the 510 is wonderful. :)

Best of luck with your decision!

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
My first purchase was a Riva...quit smoking the day it came...I now have an ego...(haven't used it yet)...but I love the Riva and am sure I will love the ego...I hear great things about it...I just started buying 510's for back up...have a battery that charges 5 or 6 at a time...cause ya just never know! :)

alnjessie

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Rock Hill, SC
My first purchase was a Riva...quit smoking the day it came...I now have an ego...(haven't used it yet)...but I love the Riva and am sure I will love the ego...I hear great things about it...I just started buying 510's for back up...have a battery that charges 5 or 6 at a time...cause ya just never know! :)

Have you heard the Big Brother is out now? I want one...

Smokie Jen

Sep 16, 2010
CA
My only advice is DON'T get a Green Smoke. I got one and liked it at first, pricey but very easy to use. The flavored carts that came with the starter kit were delicious! I was thrilled and ordered a bunch more carts. Got them yesterday and they are all TERRIBLE. No flavor at all (unless you count the taste of plastic). Did a little research and found out that they switched manufacturers and the new carts are very low quality. So apparently they send you the good carts to draw you in, then you get stuck with a pile of disgusting carts and a useless e-cig. I'm planning to return mine but I'm not sure how hard I'll have to fight to get a refund for the carts. Very disappointing start into the world of e-cigs but I'm not ready to give up yet. I think I will try the eGo next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread