What's going on?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1l_5Tu

Jun 21, 2017
so I just recently got a kanger tech kbox mini and it's acting all wonky. It was dead so I put it in charge before I went to bed and when I woke up to check it the third battery bar was flashing. It's been doing that all morning and when it turns solid and take it off charge it just flashes like before. Any ideas? Whenever I try taking the battery out and putting it back in it turns on them the voltage just goes up and up ten it flashes the battery again like usual.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
so I just recently got a kanger tech kbox mini
Welcome and glad you joined.
If purchased in the last 3 months, I find it's best to contact the manufacturer and/or the distributor. Your equipment may be under warranty and you may be entitled to a no charge replacement.
Could contact:
KangerTech US--Atlanta, GA--888-799-1988 ---if in the US.
Hours of Operation: Mo-Fr: 9:00am-5:30pm EST
Or
Could check with local distributors on the Kanger site.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Kangertech should honor the warranty, they've had to do it eleventy-million times before (just my opinion, LOL, Kangertech and I now have a restraining order, it may turn into a gag order), these mods are not the most reliable thing by any means, and it only gets worse the older the mod is.

When you can afford it, it'd consider trying a different mod. Yes, I'm clumsy, but to me it seems Kangertech has some sort of built in self-destruct sequence between 1 day to whenever a warranty is claimed. That said, a lot of people adore Kangertech and do well with those products, but that company and I don't seem to get along....

I hope you get it sorted out. :)

Anna

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi again Anna
Love your response as I've been thinking the same thing about Kanger but was afraid to voice that opinion due to the number of folks that seem to like their products a lot. I have 2 Kanger vapes, both basically new because after getting them I was so unimpressed with their build quality that after trying a few vapes I just put them away and have never bought another Kanger product.

The two I have were both low end so I figured they must do a better job with their higher end offerings or why would so many swear by them, but those two were enough to put me off Kanger. Those two make even Eleaf look good.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think there's some brand loyalty (which is fine) since they seemed to be one of the earliest makers... Which may translate to some issues. I have NO PROBLEM with anyone loving KT and using it, but I do think it's fair enough to point out their unreliability for a person such as myself. I think if you lovingly care for your KT it may be fine, but I've heard enough angst about them, with mods, right out of the gate, to think that other options may work out better.

Though, my son had a KT mod where the damn door kept falling off (not an unusual problem) and that's what caused his last tank-glass splatter, which annoyed him enough to cause him to QUIT period. LOL, maybe I should be sending them thank you cards and gifts....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread