What's new in squonkers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
I used to hang out here quite a bit reading and trying various things. Then I bought a Reo.

And for some time now I haven't been around because the Reo simply works day in day out. And it still does. However, I wanted to look around and see what else is out there these days. Maybe I'm missing out on something greater.

sqonker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2015
The reo will always work. I too wanted to explore regulated squonkers so I have a lost vape Therion and the other lost vape sqonker (can't remember the name now?) I play around with the fancy clapton coils and different power settings etc. And I do like them and get great performance and a great vape from both.. I do like being able to charge them with my phone charger and not fiddle with batteries. With all that said, I have a CC mod, a TMOD and several reos and there is never a time that I don't have one of these fine mechanical mods with me to augment and back up the regulated mods. I pay with the regulateds but reo, cc and tmod are the tried and true workhorses that I wouldn't be without.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I used to hang out here quite a bit reading and trying various things. Then I bought a Reo.

And for some time now I haven't been around because the Reo simply works day in day out. And it still does. However, I wanted to look around and see what else is out there these days. Maybe I'm missing out on something greater.

If you haven't been around for awhile, you might Check Out the Kanger DripBox line of Squonkers and the eLeaf Pico Squeeze. As well as the CopperVape BF Mod.

Coppervape BF Mod

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
If you haven't been around for awhile, you might Check Out the Kanger DripBox line of Squonkers and the eLeaf Pico Squeeze. As well as the CopperVape BF Mod.

Coppervape BF Mod

I've been looking. Thing that put me off on the kanger is the atty I guess. The 2 has MTL but the wide mouthpiece doesn't do it for me.

Have been looking for comparison pics of the reo vs pico. If it's smaller and lighter that might be a nice option when I'm out and need something that fits nicely in my pocket.

The coppervape looks interesting too.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been looking. Thing that put me off on the kanger is the atty I guess. The 2 has MTL but the wide mouthpiece doesn't do it for me.

Have been looking for comparison pics of the reo vs pico. If it's smaller and lighter that might be a nice option when I'm out and need something that fits nicely in my pocket.

Just Me. But I think the RDA's that comes with Both the DripBox(s)/Pico Squeeze and the CopperVape are Marginal. The Mods are Very Good. The RDA's that come in the "Kits", not so much.

But I have to say that I prefer a Single Coil setup like the NarDa RDA. So I'm probably not the best person to ask.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I don't own a Reo. But I can say that the Pico Squeeze if VERY Pocket Friendly.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

The Pico is really small. I'll post a pic of my REO, Pico and a Coppervape later today.

The Coppervape is worth checking out. I might prefer it over my REO. Well made and a steal at around $30. The included atty is kinda crappy, so I would just buy the mods if I did it again.

Reactions: zoiDman

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

The best thing you ever did was buy the Reo!! Built like a tank and will stand the test of time for the average vaper... Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in the cheap Chinese knock offs that are out there as the majority of comments from 1st time BF'rs and veterans as well are, "for a cheap device it vapes ok"... If you read a few threads here in the BF forum you will see for yourself!! Quite a bit of sticky or broken button issues, voltage drop, and just overall cheap construction. Its what most have found to expect from a cheap device!! But it only cost $30 bucks though, how could you go wrong? That is the most repeated term used lately!!
Or as I read more here. Perhaps what I need to cure a bit of shinyitis is a new atty. I have a standard profile grand and am on my second RM2(really only needed a new cap - dropped it and it doesn't screw on right). I've only ever single coiled on that. MTL.

Just wonder if I'm missing out on anything.
That is probably the most rock solid set up in a BF'r out there but, you might look into having Rob give it a haircut to open your options as to the atty choice. The best thing I found to put on my 2 Grands were the authentic Origen Little 16. Just as rock solid as the Reo and everything you could ask for in an atty to set on top of it!!

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Reos got me into squonking. I've also purchased a few expensive devices when squonkers weren't as pervasive. I have found I don't use any of my expensive gear as much anymore because my vaping style has changed, higher wattage and warmer vapes. This is where even the cheapest regulated squonkers do the job. Even the unregulated Chinese squonkers like the Dripbox and Pico Squeeze, fill this need by being able to fire down to 0.2 ohms safely. For someone who has collapsed more than one Reo spring, this is a huge plus! So whether you need something new really depends on if you need something the Reo isn't giving you.

Reactions: Nomoreash

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Perhaps I'll pick up a Pico or cv as something to tide me over while u send my reo back for a tuneup
I have all 3 and the Pico is fun and small but I don't trust the firing button to last.

The Coppervape is very well made and spare parts are available for super cheap and the bottles are standard 10ml that you can buy anywhere.

I love my REO, but they are expensive and part prices are insanely high. My last parts order included a door, a few bottles, button covers, springs, screws and positive contacts and was almost $100.

In any case, I parked the REO for a while and am using 2 CVs and the Pico lately. Very happy with them.

Here's a quick pic of all 3....

Last edited:

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
Well just ordered a CV and Origen Little as something to play with and/or backup. Pico would have been cheaper but I find them ugly compared to the CV(although admittedly Reo's are ugly too)

Second best vape related purchase you've made ;):thumb:

Reo + O16 FTW

I would skip the clone O16 for the Authentic though, it truly is worth every single penny spent :thumbs: I own 3 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread