What's the best battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luninariel

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Missouri
I asked @Mooch this question, and he asked me to post it here for archival purposes as well as helping others.

I have a sigelei 150w TC that I use with coils ranging from 0.5 down to 0.2 I like chain vaping at 60 Watts, what would be the biggest safest 18650 battery for me to use and why and from where? I'd hate to get a fake battery and something happen.

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
I asked @Mooch this question, and he asked me to post it here for archival purposes as well as helping others.

I have a Sigelei 150w TC that I use with coils ranging from 0.5 down to 0.2 I like chain vaping at 60 Watts, what would be the biggest safest 18650 battery for me to use and why and from where? I'd hate to get a fake battery and something happen.

There's a bunch out there man, You have to understand the amp outputs and such for you to even begin to decide on which one. Since you're going to be sub-ohming down to .2 I'd look at the Sony VTC 4'S.. that's what I use and I've never had a problem. I use them with my quad coil in my SMOK TFV4 that is .15 ohms as well and have used them with builds that are around .14-.17

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    If you're chain vaping at 60W let's assume that's 30W continuous per battery. To calculate the worst case current drawn from each battery...

Max Amps = Max Wattage / Min Battery Voltage = 30W / 3.2V. = 9.4A per battery.

In my opinion, you can use the 20A 3000mAh LG HG2 battery without problems, even if chain vaping at 60W, since you'll only be pulling 1/2 the rated current from it...or less.

Good places to buy authentic batteries from include Illumn, Orbtronic, IMRBatteries, Liion Wholesale, and RTDVapor.

dimo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    But, this is a series mod so you aren't really pulling half the amp load from each battery. However, being regulated changes things compared to a mech.

Any good brand of at least 20A should be fine: Sony, Samsung or LG.

I buy from Illumn or RTD.

Series or parallel doesn't matter. The batteries will always share the load when you have more than one. If the device demands 60w, then each battery will spit out 30w.

Reactions: Mooch
    This is my first post ever since I became a member in February of 2014! :D I also just recently upgraded from what I call "simple" ecigs (kanger evod vv) and was recommended a sigelei 150w temp.control (which is why I'm posting this question in this thread). I have the smok tfv4 tank with a .20 ohm coil and I usually vape at or around 80w/4.0v on the Sigelei (I also have a horizon artic .5 ohm and .2 ohm coils and an aspire triton at .5 ohm). I've been trying to dig around and see what battery I should get that will work for all of these, even if I do end up going higher in watts&volts. Also, I've been thinking about getting a cube II (goes up to 160w) just so that I can have an extra mod around so I'm curious as to what batteries I should get that will work the best in both mods (did I use that term correctly?) for any watt/volts/ohms I that I wish to vape at. I've been recommended the VTC5, a Samsung 3000 mAh, and a Samsung 25r but I've also been told that AW's are good but I have no idea how to pick a battery no matter how much research I do. I did look at the chart that Mooch had posted as well as some other info on different threads but I'm still not so sure so any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advanced everyone.

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    This is my first post ever since I became a member in February of 2014! :D I also just recently upgraded from what I call "simple" ecigs (kanger evod vv) and was recommended a sigelei 150w temp.control (which is why I'm posting this question in this thread). I have the smok tfv4 tank with a .20 ohm coil and I usually vape at or around 80w/4.0v on the Sigelei (I also have a horizon artic .5 ohm and .2 ohm coils and an aspire triton at .5 ohm). I've been trying to dig around and see what battery I should get that will work for all of these, even if I do end up going higher in watts&volts. Also, I've been thinking about getting a cube II (goes up to 160w) just so that I can have an extra mod around so I'm curious as to what batteries I should get that will work the best in both mods (did I use that term correctly?) for any watt/volts/ohms I that I wish to vape at. I've been recommended the VTC5, a Samsung 3000 mAh, and a Samsung 25r but I've also been told that AW's are good but I have no idea how to pick a battery no matter how much research I do. I did look at the chart that Mooch had posted as well as some other info on different threads but I'm still not so sure so any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advanced everyone.

For under 100watts, any 20amp CDR battery will work, these include the Sony VTC5, Samsung 25R, LG HG2, LG HE2/HE4
    Potentially going 30amps (100watts plus), Sony VTC4 (25to30amps), true 30amp CDR Sony VTC3, LG HB6

With that Sig150TC, remember buy batteries for it in pairs and marry them. Bought together, charged together, used together, until death do they part, this balances how many charge and discharge cycles are equal or as close to equal as possible, label your married pairs, I for instance Pair 1A/1B, 2A/2B, 3A/3B, etc. Also not necessary, but a good practice, first rotation of usage, 1A slot 1, 1B slot 2, after recharge next usage 1B slot 1, 1A slot 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread