What's the best RTA flavour-wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
Hi there,

I've been quite happy with my subtanks and there rba, but I would like to know if any of you veterans could recommend a rta that gives the best flavour.

I'm no sub-ohmer (yet), I prefer 0,8 to 1,2 ohm and I'm quite happy with a single coil build. But if a dual coil build-deck for best flavour is the way to go, then I guess I have to adapt. :)

So, some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CloudOFsmoke

Sep 15, 2015
Ive been strictly a dripper until recently. Just couldnt get what I wanted out of tanks.
The Smok TFV4 changed my mine. It absulutly rips. The stock coils are awesome, and the build deck is easy. In the stock kit, you can make single coils. Theres a $14 double coil deck if you want to go that route.

Im running .22g Kanthal (.35 ohm) in there right now, and the flavor and vape is rediculous. I havent touched my dripper since I bought the thing.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Out if all the rtas I've tried the delta 2 has the best flavor for me. The lemo 2 is great too. I've heard good things about the crown but I don't have one yet. I've had mixed experiences with dual coils. While I don't mind them, your builds have to be twice as good otherwise you can run into wicking problems, and juice consumption is double so if that's a factor, then I would stick to single coil. I can blow through 6ml in a few hours with a subtank do I try to build a little closer to 1 ohm because I can still get great vapor and flavor.

Reactions: Marsman

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I gotta admit that my Goliath v2 is my favorite tank right now. I had a leakage episode with it one time, but I'm thinking it was just a bad wicking by the user. Running a dual coil 24ga build @ .35ohms @ 35-40 watts. The flavor is spot on and the vapor isn't scorching hot. Not a hint of a gurgle or spit back. I'm using a 50/50 juice blend with juice control at about 60% open.

Hysterix

Aug 1, 2015
Restrictive Red Dot
Goblin mini just affirmed its place as my fav tank again for its taste/compact size.

This is coming from a Smok TFV4/ Kanger Nano/ UD zeph & Goliath user. Tried Ti and tri/quad coils, dual Ti on tc mode was my go to since I discovered this wonderful tank.

But upon rebuilding my Gob mini with Kanthal it brings that flavour profile that I've been missing awhile for now, except the refilling part is a ..... compared to TFV4 with its swivel top fill, hands down on that feature.

Another thought, different tanks gave diff profile depending on the juice 50/50 or 60/40, any similar agreements from the peeps here?

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
Thanks to you all for your replies, much appreciated!

Ive been strictly a dripper until recently. Just couldnt get what I wanted out of tanks.
The Smok TFV4 changed my mine. It absulutly rips. The stock coils are awesome, and the build deck is easy. In the stock kit, you can make single coils. Theres a $14 double coil deck if you want to go that route.

Im running .22g Kanthal (.35 ohm) in there right now, and the flavor and vape is rediculous. I havent touched my dripper since I bought the thing.

The Smok TFV4 was on my list, so it's got one more vote now. :thumb:
Never thought a RTA could give more flavour then a dripper, so that would be awesome!
Didn’t know about the double coil deck either, so it could be handy if needed.

I'm by no means a veteran but I've found the zephyrus rta dual coil at .34 ohms running at 30-35w is great with flavor it's tricky to wick at first but once you get the hang of it it became wonderful to me

I looked at the Zephyrus before, the build-deck looks great with the two big air-holes on each side, but it is a dual coil only (I think?). It also looks a bit tricky to be honest. o_O

Out if all the rtas I've tried the delta 2 has the best flavor for me. The lemo 2 is great too. I've heard good things about the crown but I don't have one yet. I've had mixed experiences with dual coils. While I don't mind them, your builds have to be twice as good otherwise you can run into wicking problems, and juice consumption is double so if that's a factor, then I would stick to single coil. I can blow through 6ml in a few hours with a subtank do I try to build a little closer to 1 ohm because I can still get great vapor and flavor.

I had the Delta II, but gave it to a friend. The taste was good indeed, but the filling (thin gap) and the rebuilding (those screws!) were just to much of a hassle.
Glad it's working for you though!

I gotta admit that my Goliath v2 is my favorite tank right now. I had a leakage episode with it one time, but I'm thinking it was just a bad wicking by the user. Running a dual coil 24ga build @ .35ohms @ 35-40 watts. The flavor is spot on and the vapor isn't scorching hot. Not a hint of a gurgle or spit back. I'm using a 50/50 juice blend with juice control at about 60% open.

Ah, the Goliath v2, it's on my list also. It's UD... but the price at Fasttech is alright. ;)
But a single coil build on this deck seems to be pretty difficult. But if it's for the best flavour, I'm willing to go for the dual coil set-up.

Goliath v1 or v2 are my favorites. V2 is dual or single coil. Very easy to build on.

Is the V2 also easy to build with a single coil?

Goblin mini just affirmed its place as my fav tank again for its taste/compact size.

This is coming from a Smok TFV4/ Kanger Nano/ UD zeph & Goliath user. Tried Ti and tri/quad coils, dual Ti on tc mode was my go to since I discovered this wonderful tank.

But upon rebuilding my Gob mini with Kanthal it brings that flavour profile that I've been missing awhile for now, except the refilling part is a ..... compared to TFV4 with its swivel top fill, hands down on that feature.

Another thought, different tanks gave diff profile depending on the juice 50/50 or 60/40, any similar agreements from the peeps here?

Overlooked the Goblin Mini, have to check this one out.
For now I'm building only with Kanthal because TC seems to be a step to far for this rookie.:confused:

Reactions: Smato Mizer

Digatel

May 27, 2015
Sandusky, Ohio
As far as tanks go, I've been using the Herakles for months, and IMO, it is one of the best tanks out there. However, I have friends who tell me dripping is not only a cloud-chasers dream, but also a flavor-chasers dream. They tell me once you go dual coil, it changes everything. I have been looking at the Velocity, because the dual post looks fairly easy to work with...but I am a little apprehensive, because I do love my Herakles.

BigBenFPF

Sep 15, 2015
West side
Thanks to you all for your replies, much appreciated!

The Smok TFV4 was on my list, so it's got one more vote now. :thumb:
Never thought a RTA could give more flavour then a dripper, so that would be awesome!
Didn’t know about the double coil deck either, so it could be handy if needed.

I looked at the Zephyrus before, the build-deck looks great with the two big air-holes on each side, but it is a dual coil only (I think?). It also looks a bit tricky to be honest. o_O

I had the Delta II, but gave it to a friend. The taste was good indeed, but the filling (thin gap) and the rebuilding (those screws!) were just to much of a hassle.
Glad it's working for you though!

Ah, the Goliath v2, it's on my list also. It's UD... but the price at Fasttech is alright. ;)
But a single coil build on this deck seems to be pretty difficult. But if it's for the best flavour, I'm willing to go for the dual coil set-up.

Is the V2 also easy to build with a single coil?

Overlooked the Goblin Mini, have to check this one out.
For now I'm building only with Kanthal because TC seems to be a step to far for this rookie.:confused:
ups for tfv4! awesome tank. triplecoil at 120w is godlike. I regretted buying ipv4 where the max w is 120w. I should be upgrading to cube 3 or snow wolf in a few weeks to fully utilise the max 140w tank.

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
As far as tanks go, I've been using the Herakles for months, and IMO, it is one of the best tanks out there. However, I have friends who tell me dripping is not only a cloud-chasers dream, but also a flavor-chasers dream. They tell me once you go dual coil, it changes everything. I have been looking at the Velocity, because the dual post looks fairly easy to work with...but I am a little apprehensive, because I do love my Herakles.

Dripping is great indeed, but I find it to much of a hassle for an all day vape. Perhaps I should consider something like the Big Dripper, but that's so...big.

The Goliath v2 has an option for single coil. It actually come with an adapter to close off the air hole/juice channels of the side not being used. Busardo has a good youtube video on it.

I knew there was at least one RTA with an adapter for single coil, but I forgot which one it was. Even watched the video by Busardo when he posted it.
Well that's one more vote for the Goliath. Thanks!

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
Not a fan of "sub ohm tanks" , simple Kayfun's running under 20 watts and a build in the range of 1.2- 1.8 works perfectly for me.

For flavor, a Kayfun v4 with a 2.1 ohm coil (28 gauge, 10 wraps, 3mm) at 15.5 watts gives tons of flavor for a tootle puffer like me.

I like the Kayfuns. Single coil, great flavor, easy to build on. Haven't tried the V4 and not sure I want to. Too many parts.

I wanted to try out a Kayfun for a long time now, but the filling and the many parts kept me from buying one.
I may be tempted to start with a good clone and try it out.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread