What's the best RTA flavour-wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Busardo's review of it and the rta system on the Triton seems to complicated to me. But I guess you're not talking about the rba?

No I am totally satisfied running the 0.3 ohm SS coils. I leave my builds for a velocity RDA I drip when I am home. But I am going to go watch his review now.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
The exploded diagram on the Kayfun V4 is definitely intimidating. But having broken each of mine down for cleaning before use, I have to say it isn't as complicated as it looks. And being able to remove the deck to rewick every few days without having to empty the tank is very nice. About the only thing that does become a pain is adjusting the airflow. If you are adjusting with a full tank, you have to remove the pin on the bottom and stick a micro-screwdriver up into the hole to adjust it.

VapeKing

Unresolved Status
Sep 17, 2015
Philippines
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I wanted to try out a Kayfun for a long time now, but the filling and the many parts kept me from buying one.
I may be tempted to start with a good clone and try it out.
A good clone is $15 and you can find top fill top cap parts for it. It's probably not the ABSOLUTE best RTA out there, but it's an old school staple and a solid tank. And you can find tons of parts to customize it. I have 2 of them and they still get used daily.

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
A good clone is $15 and you can find top fill top cap parts for it. It's probably not the ABSOLUTE best RTA out there, but it's an old school staple and a solid tank. And you can find tons of parts to customize it. I have 2 of them and they still get used daily.

A good clone for 15 bucks? Guess I have to look better then. :)

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Do you have to tweak the airflow very often then?

No, once it is set, it is set. You just have to play with it until you get it where you like it. I like mouth to lung and I like a tight draw. To me, the tighter draw makes more pressure to pull in more juice and less air as I go. It doesn't make huge clouds, but definitely gives good flavor.

Reactions: Marsman

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I like the Kayfuns. Single coil, great flavor, easy to build on. Haven't tried the V4 and not sure I want to. Too many parts. The Billow V2 is also a good choice. Dual coils, tons of flavor and decent clouds. The wicks are a bit tricky till you figure it out, but really pretty easy once you get it down.
Kayfun V4 is really pretty nice. Once you find the configuration you like the extra parts go in the vape station stock pile.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I have this Kayfun V4 clone, good quality, works very nice:
$25.84 Infinite Kayfun V4 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - stainless steel / 23.2mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But this Taifun GT-S V2 is even better and easier to use, but leaks about 2 drops of juice daily (I store it in horizontal position):
$20.02 HOTCIG GT-S V2 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0mL) - stainless steel + matte glass / 23mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Both of them are easy to refill and they do not need to empty tank for rebuilding.
Both Infinite and HotCig are reputable cloners (if I may say so).

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
No, once it is set, it is set. You just have to play with it until you get it where you like it. I like mouth to lung and I like a tight draw. To me, the tighter draw makes more pressure to pull in more juice and less air as I go. It doesn't make huge clouds, but definitely gives good flavor.

Okay thanks, that shouldn’t be a big deal then.
With all the new tanks coming out, I kind of forgot about the Kayfun. I do like it's kind of old school (just like me ;)). It's on the list now.

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
I have this Kayfun V4 clone, good quality, works very nice:
$25.84 Infinite Kayfun V4 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - stainless steel / 23.2mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But this Taifun GT-S V2 is even better and easier to use, but leaks about 2 drops of juice daily (I store it in horizontal position):
$20.02 HOTCIG GT-S V2 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0mL) - stainless steel + matte glass / 23mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Both of them are easy to refill and they do not need to empty tank for rebuilding.
Both Infinite and HotCig are reputable cloners (if I may say so).

Thanks for the links and for putting another option on the list. Will take a look at both of them.

Pfgriffin3

Sep 18, 2015
Ive been strictly a dripper until recently. Just couldnt get what I wanted out of tanks.
The Smok TFV4 changed my mine. It absulutly rips. The stock coils are awesome, and the build deck is easy. In the stock kit, you can make single coils. Theres a $14 double coil deck if you want to go that route.

Im running .22g Kanthal (.35 ohm) in there right now, and the flavor and vape is rediculous. I havent touched my dripper since I bought the thing.

Just make sure you have the mod to push that tank. They're right it rips but you still have to have a mod that will push and preferably has temp control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread