Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi there,

I've been quite happy with my subtanks and there RBA, but I would like to know if any of you veterans could recommend a RTA that gives the best flavour.

I'm no sub-ohmer (yet), I prefer 0,8 to 1,2 ohm and I'm quite happy with a single coil build. But if a dual coil build-deck for best flavour is the way to go, then I guess I have to adapt. :)

So, some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of people talk of Kayfuns, taifun and Aqua V2 and others.

In my opinion, and several other ECF members rave about the Goblin Mini. I think the Gmini has better flavor than some RDAs.
My second favorite tank isba Kayfun Lite Plus with Bell cap. In my opinion the flavor is almost as good as the Gmini

The Gmini comes with a silicone plug so you can use it with a single coil. I also prefer coils in the .8-1 ohm on both.

I like these tanks so much I semi retired my Rogue atty

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Dripping is great indeed, but I find it to much of a hassle for an all day vape. Perhaps I should consider something like the Big Dripper, but that's so...big.

I knew there was at least one RTA with an adapter for single coil, but I forgot which one it was. Even watched the video by Busardo when he posted it.
Well that's one more vote for the Goliath. Thanks!

The Goblin Mini also comes with a plug to use it with a single coil. Both the Gmini and Goliath V2 come with silicone plug for single coil. Both were made by UD. In my thread about the Gmini Dave another ECF member said the Gmini had better flavor than the Goliath V2.

Now the Gmini has a few issues such as claustrophobic deck, tiny screws, nonstandard drip tip but has a 510 drip tip adapter, bottom airflow and will leak if the wick is too loose.

The Gmini is only 29.2 mm tall not counting the 510 pin and drip tip m

Marsman

Jun 20, 2015
Little update:

The Goliath v2 is on the way.
I'll wait for the Smok TFV4 mini and the X Cube Mini to come out and I'll be ordering these as a 'stealthy' pair.
And I'm definitely going to buy a Kayfun(-like) RTA, but first I got to figure out witch version I want. (V1, V2, V4, a Taifun or a Russian)

Thanks all for your suggestions, it's greatly appreciated!

Dripping is great indeed, but I find it to much of a hassle for an all day vape. Perhaps I should consider something like the Big Dripper, but that's so...big.

I knew there was at least one RTA with an adapter for single coil, but I forgot which one it was. Even watched the video by Busardo when he posted it.
Well that's one more vote for the Goliath. Thanks!
Goblin Mini has an adapter that blocks off the airflow and the juice channels on one side of the deck so you can slap a single coil build on it.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Goblin Mini has an adapter that blocks off the airflow and the juice channels on one side of the deck so you can slap a single coil build on it.

Correct. That is one of the reasons I really love the GMini. I prefer single coils.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Hi there,

I've been quite happy with my subtanks and there RBA, but I would like to know if any of you veterans could recommend a RTA that gives the best flavour.

I'm no sub-ohmer (yet), I prefer 0,8 to 1,2 ohm and I'm quite happy with a single coil build. But if a dual coil build-deck for best flavour is the way to go, then I guess I have to adapt. :)

So, some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I build 4 coils in my Zephyrus. At the moment it has 4 six wrap 2.5mm coils of 25g kanthal with a combined ohm'age of 0.18.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Ive been strictly a dripper until recently. Just couldnt get what I wanted out of tanks.
    The Smok TFV4 changed my mine. It absulutly rips. The stock coils are awesome, and the build deck is easy. In the stock kit, you can make single coils. Theres a $14 double coil deck if you want to go that route.

Im running .22g Kanthal (.35 ohm) in there right now, and the flavor and vape is rediculous. I havent touched my dripper since I bought the thing.

I have Aspire tanks (4 - Atlanis IIs, and 1 - Triton V1) and think I'll be buying a Smok TFV4. Looking for a tank solution with dual coils...insane!

Surprised no one's mentioned the Steam Crave RDTA Aromamizer ... stupid simple to install coils and wick on the velocity deck, verticals are easier than horizontals IMO and it is top-shelf on the flavor front as well. I got one a week ago. My goblin mini is jealously sitting on my workbench shelf glaring at me as i vape the RDTA.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Surprised no one's mentioned the Steam Crave RDTA Aromamizer ... stupid simple to install coils and wick on the velocity deck, verticals are easier than horizontals IMO and it is top-shelf on the flavor front as well. I got one a week ago. My goblin mini is jealously sitting on my workbench shelf glaring at me as i vape the RDTA.

I liked your post, and I like the Steam Crave, and it's under consideration here, but I worry abt the adjustable rings. I'm buying for the very long haul...say 5 to 10year long haul with (FDA< state, county, and city) regs coming down upon us, and I worry abt not being able to get the adjustable airflow rings. If they wear out in 1yr and a ban of any sort happens you're SOL.

Sorry about out of sequence post. New to the forums and still trying to figure out "quote" vs. "reply" ... I think i got it now :)

Yeah, completely understand. One of the things tha made me laugh was if you wanted to adjust the AF on the steam crave and didn't have the silicon rings,one reviewer said just tape them up. I don't know about you but i buy tanks for two reasons, flavor and aesthetics. Putting tape on a beautiful machine just doesn't sit right! Good hunting.

I liked your post, and I like the Steam Crave, and it's under consideration here, but I worry abt the adjustable rings. I'm buying for the very long haul...say 5 to 10year long haul with (FDA< state, county, and city) regs coming down upon us, and I worry abt not being able to get the adjustable airflow rings. If they wear out in 1yr and a ban of any sort happens you're SOL.
    Yeah, completely understand. One of the things tha made me laugh was if you wanted to adjust the AF on the steam crave and didn't have the silicon rings,one reviewer said just tape them up. I don't know about you but i buy tanks for two reasons, flavor and aesthetics. Putting tape on a beautiful machine just doesn't sit right! Good hunting.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona

I agree. This is why I like the Silverplay Nano, Orchid of Kayfun.

I love the Goblin Mini the specialty silicone gsskets the stupid airflow dumping juice to re wick non standard drip tip, etc.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I agree. This is why I like the Silverplay Nano, Orchid of Kayfun.

I love the Goblin Mini the specialty silicone gsskets the stupid airflow dumping juice to re wick non standard drip tip, etc.

I like machined, stainless, components, top to bottom. An o-ring I might be able to buy 5yrs down the road, but air flow rings on the outside of a tank - that might stretch, probably not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread