What's the best vaping device out there so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I wanted to say something regarding "Baditudes" comment below .

Imo , it seems people just getting into vaping these days are convinced they need a high wattage device and a sub ohm tank to vape and thats simply not true .

I see most people (not all), recommending Sigelei 150 watt devices and other similar mods and pairing it with tanks that are made for high power vaping (most sub ohm tanks).

I suppose they are OK but i would never recommend that type of setup for someone just starting out , i bet many newcomers don't even realize a huge majority of vapors just two years ago vaped well under 20 watts and seemed perfectly happy .

I just hope people realize that you can vape successfully with lower wattage devices and tanks other than the most popular at the current time .

If i thought sub ohm tanks and using higher wattage devices produced a better vape than i'm getting now i would be doing it but thats simply not the case.

To each their own , just don't be fooled into thinking there's just one way .

It's all about the clouds. Small coils, low power with proper wicking and good e-liquid can produce tremendous flavor...

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
My KF v4 arrived yesterday - I tried a clone, which had random leaking issues and super tight juice control, and enjoyed the flavor as well as the top fill method. My friend at the vapor shop says he has never had this problem with his authentic and I like to encourage innovation, so I ordered one.

As soon as I get it cleaned, I'll try a 1.2 Ω coil and see how it works. Thanks, Herb for the information and suggestions.

F2V

Actually i would advise extreme caution when reading anything i post about , as far as vaping knowledge , well , i don't have any to be honest , i'm very lucky i figured this thing out enough to get it to vape like it does.

Flavor is just outstanding to me , hopefully you will find it as enjoyable as i do.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
It's all about the clouds. Small coils, low power with proper wicking and good e-liquid can produce tremendous flavor...

It definitely does seem all about the clouds for so many people which i will never understand , it's not like witnessing "fire" for the first time , i have seen these clouds before , whats the fascination , don't get it .

Reactions: stevegmu

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
It definitely does seem all about the clouds for so many people which i will never understand , it's not like witnessing "fire" for the first time , i have seen these clouds before , whats the fascination , don't get it .

I don't get it, either. After I started smoking, I wasn't on a never ending quest to produce more smoke...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Actually i have always thought that the clouds e cigs produce is detrimental to the cause and why so many seem to give them a bad rap .

The problem is not the clouds because it's just vapor but when vapor mimics and appears like smoke it's not a good thing, just my opinion.

I always wonder if e cigs worked as well as they do without producing what appears to be smoke how would others judge them.

I bet they would be allowed in a lot more indoor places.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I don't get it, either. After I started smoking, I wasn't on a never ending quest to produce more smoke...

I kind of think more youngsters are into the clouds then older folks , that could explain some of it but there is still no reason to be so fascinated with maximum cloud production lol.

Reactions: stevegmu

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I kind of think more youngsters are into the clouds then older folks , that could explain some of it but there is still no reason to be so fascinated with maximum cloud production lol.

I think it is like eating contests or vehicles far larger than needed; some are just fascinated with excess...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I really do think though that any newbie asking about what to get these days is bombarded with suggestions recommending some type of subtank and a device pushing at least 60 watts which i think is unfortunate.

I bet very few know that just two years ago most vaped on devices pushing maybe 15 to 20 watts tops unless they were a mechanical user.

Reactions: The Ocelot

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
FWIW, Regulated mods have the SAME risks and dangers that you have with a Mech.. Just like Vaping is SAFER than smoking, Regulated is ONLY safer than Mechanical, NOT SAFE. They just have circutry to lessen that risk.. BUT, what happens when the safety feature is what fails or fails without you being aware? You know that failure that turns your Smart battery mod into an IED.

depends on if you are talking about the likes of an iStick regulated mod or a Provari regulated mod ... big safety difference there.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Every risk present in a MECH is present in a Regulated mod. They are just reduced.

Remember safety features are great, until they fail, Google TAKATA. Thats why I'm supossed to wear a life vest on my UNSINKABLE styrofoam boat.

depends on if you are talking about the likes of an iStick regulated mod or a Provari regulated mod ... big safety difference there.
SOOOO.

A Big Rig truck is obviously Safer to DRIVE than a Fiat 500...... That does NOT make the Truck the safer vehicle, though.
Safer, and protected, do NOT equal SAFE.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Every risk present in a MECH is present in a Regulated mod. They are just reduced.

Remember safety features are great, until they fail, Google TAKATA. Thats why I'm supossed to wear a life vest on my UNSINKABLE styrofoam boat.

SOOOO.

A Big Rig truck is obviously Safer to DRIVE than a Fiat 500...... That does NOT make the Truck the safer vehicle, though.
Safer, and protected, do NOT equal SAFE.

personally, I don't care what you drive ... what I am saying is ... the Provari is arguably the safest PV on the market.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
I have tried the high power devices and sub ohm tanks , RDA's and everything in between , to me , the best most flavorful vape i can get is with some of the newer RBA's with a device firing under 20 watts .

To me , high power always kills a bit of the flavor . I know others might not agree and thats A OK with me , nobody will ever convince me otherwise and i won't be able to convince them .

Don't care either way actually .
This has been my experience both with tanks and drippers. Even when it's good quality vapor at high wattage/low ohms, I'm getting the best flavor out of an eGrip right now. I'm running 12-14W.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY

I've never understood why people would need to understand.

I don't understand why people golf. Seems stupid to me.

I've never understood why (presumed) straight males would drive a car instead of a pickup. Seems unnatural to me but it is what it is.

With vaping I'm replacing smoking. I was a heavy smoker and took massive drags off my smoke. Now I take massive hits off my vape. I get massive amounts of flavor which I love. As a side effect of the flavor and throat hit I give off a decent cloud which I neither love or hate.

I don't actually know any low wattage vapors because with todays prices everyone I know has a good sized mod for battery life. For all I know they may be pushing 5W through that 70W box. I can't say I actually pay attention to other peoples clouds honestly.

One thing I do know and understand is todays high power/long battery life and inexpensive mods and reliable tanks and making armies of non-smokers out of people I care about. I don't care if they are throwing HUGE clouds out of a 17 kilowatt mod if they ain't smoking.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Point being I don't understand, or particularly care, what people drive. Or vape. Or watch on TV. Or much of anything.

So I don't under stand why people care that they don't understand why people wanna vape at lower ohms or higher wattage's. Why do they even care??

The car/truck thing is prolly more about where you live then anything else. Here if someone rolls up in a new Z71 everyone will be gaga. If they roll up in a bad*** muscle car everyone will laugh and say your wife made you take the car today.

Today I was driving through town blowing huge clouds with my 100w box in my Z71 and I was happy. Somewhere the guy with the Provari in a Prius was happy. I don't see the problem.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Clouds fascinate me.
Me too, up in the sky but not those coming out of my mouth. Just personal preference. But to do clouds you MUST learn ohms law, coil building and battery safety first. Big clouds involve some risk to personal safety. Much safer and less trouble to be a tootle puffer or moderate cloud blower.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I've never understood why people would need to understand.

I don't understand why people golf. Seems stupid to me.

I've never understood why (presumed) straight males would drive a car instead of a pickup. Seems unnatural to me but it is what it is.

With vaping I'm replacing smoking. I was a heavy smoker and took massive drags off my smoke. Now I take massive hits off my vape. I get massive amounts of flavor which I love. As a side effect of the flavor and throat hit I give off a decent cloud which I neither love or hate.

I don't actually know any low wattage vapors because with todays prices everyone I know has a good sized mod for battery life. For all I know they may be pushing 5W through that 70W box. I can't say I actually pay attention to other peoples clouds honestly.

One thing I do know and understand is todays high power/long battery life and inexpensive mods and reliable tanks and making armies of non-smokers out of people I care about. I don't care if they are throwing HUGE clouds out of a 17 kilowatt mod if they ain't smoking.

Hey, we disagree , life goes on lol.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread