• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What's the current situation with supplies and e-cigs being imported into LOS (are they being stopped by customs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
Hi guys, just wanted to know what the situation is on importing supplies into LOS. I was going to move there (one day) (and some of you guys may know me from Thaivisa). I've read alot about shipments being seized by customs and shops being raided by the police. Is it bad there? Like you can't get supplies? And is it stuff shipped from China. Like the stuff from the USA goes through? I'm just curious.

Also, I have a GS Sub 2.0 ecig I can ship to Thailand from the US if anyone is interested.

Anbessa

Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Thailand
As a matterfact i actually started Vaping here in LOS just recently,i life here since 4 years now. The guys in the forum mentioned above are very helpfull and help each other out. You can find many informations there. If you do order from on of the many Thai online shops you get your stuff Max. 2 days later,credit to the Thai post service wich is realy super fast.Coistomer service in english is most of the time possible and most pf the vendors are very freindly.

To get supplies here is no problem at all exept of good juice. Chines juice is chep but you get what you pay for but if you oreder ahade and wait 2 weeks, parcels labeld as presents with low value ond the juice labeled as food flovoring will find it's way to you from anywere in the world.I the case coustoms open the pack it could be possible that you will need to pay a fee wich is most of the time affordable and worth to pay.

Well,if Vaing is illegal herer in the KINGDOM,i don't know but keep it on a low provile and everything will be fine.Vaping in public is so far no problem at all.Just don't do it in plces were smoking is prohibited and don't try to be a smart as by saying,but i am not smoking.Firt if you offend a Thai by VAPING only a few know the diverance and second he might not care what you hafe to say anyhow.As everything here,let the Thais be the Thais and you are the guest than you can have a joyfull and good life in the KINGDOM.

Well,good luck with your plans and happy VAPING.

Greets Anbessa

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
The trick is to have small packages come by airmail only. Never use DHL, FedEx or UPS. Using an express company almost guarantees your shipment will be seized by customs and you will lose your money. Small airmail packages (registered or unregistered) get here with virtually no issues, other than waiting for the slower transit times. Never get a package heavier than 2Kg and keep the declared value on the customs label (no mention of ecigs) to US$30.00 or less.

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
It seems to be dependent on the order and luck. If you order a kit it will probably get siezed. Seems to be things that clearly look like ecigarettes will be a problem. And definitely any reference of ecigarettes on the invoice will have a problem. I ordered a kit with juice, got it seized and was told that the juice was illegal. I was then able to receive some juices alone without problem. I then tried to get ego batteries and some pro tanks and they were seized. I'm actually confused and will resort to making a huge order when I go home and hand carry it back with me. Hard to believe in a country as free as Thailand that they crack down so hard on ecigs. Some how I think that a lot of the siezed orders probably find there way out.

EAddicted

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Tokyo-Setagaya-Ward
There are a few guys who know all about this on here:
Thai E Vape Forum - Vaping in Thailand
As a rule though yes it's banned but many people vape, and there are lots of Thai vendors in Thailand selling stuff.

Imo. this sounds a bit dangerous, E-Cigarettes are as far as i know legal but not the "loaded Juice",
like here in Japan but i am allowed to carry and to keep my personal supply.

I need to go in two- three Days to BKK, i've heard that literally everyone from the poorer People gone Digital
because of the Tax Explosion for the Analog but i hate to be vulnerable, spec. in a moment
when my big Boss is on my Side.

Ah, muzukashiiiii desu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread