Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
So here is what we have:
Build quality, warranty, customer service and simplicity.
Just my speculation but I haven't heard allot of other cheap mods fail.
I have had my MVP2 almost 2 months now. I know that's not long but it works great, has all the features and has long run times.
While it seems Provari owners have a great product I know spending around $200 hurts the wallet, but it also seems like you have to justify your purchase by defending it. Sorry just my speculation.

In the end if you have a Provari thats cool.
If you have a affordable Chinese mod cool.

Whatever fits your budget and makes you happy.

For now my "Honda" is making me happy.
Cheers!
sounds a bit snarky...we defend it because it's an excellent product, not because we spent the money on it. If you don't hear a lot about cheap Chinese mods failing, well, you're just not listening. Most of us have spent a lot of money on crappy products too...we don't defend those. I spent $40 on a Vamo 2. Thats a lot of money. It was shot inside of 2 months. The 510 threads were gone because they used crappy materials to make it. You won't find me defending Vamo. I don't knock people for having them either...Vamos are pretty cool and it was an affordable way for me to experiment with more powerful devices. If it weren't for cheap Chinese mods, I would've never gotten a ProVari. I've heard really good things about the MVP too...I kinda want one. I'm glad you're happy with it.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
I think its a bit of owner thing just to say I paid x amounts of pounds / dollars on a provari so its got to be better than what you have its a loads of bull because all the electrics are sourced from china that's the way all the large manufactures work and don't try and say it any other way you guys with your brand name flat screen tvs ipads ipod pcs and so on they are all sourced from china just try to explain why its better than a vamo when probably most of you own one but don't want to say so because you spent silly money on a provari and love how you go on about how they look after their clients i really don't think so i could buy 10 vamos or may be more with what you spend on a provari and would not be worried about taking it out dropping it or anything like that i not saying that it a bad piece of kit but what i wills say is there are a lot of others out there don't jump straight in to buy one when you might find some a lot cheaper that may suit your needs try looking at the SMOK VMAX ZMAX SID ITASTE SVD MVP VTR 134 JOYTEC IVIC THIS IS BUT A FEW and they all are nice mods well made and half the price

Not really a case of "Look at me and how much I spent! Aren't I great!". It has more to do with you later comment "you might find some a lot cheaper that may suit your needs". It all depends on what your needs are. Like buying a car, any cheap car will get me around, but if my needs are to have something I can punch hard to merge onto the highway, that narrows my choices.

Everyone puts different priorities on their purchases. No matter what I buy, I look for performance first, then price. After I narrow my choices by performance, I then do tend to buy the cheapest of those choices.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I think its a bit of owner thing just to say I paid x amounts of pounds / dollars on a provari so its got to be better than what you have its a loads of bull because all the electrics are sourced from china that's the way all the large manufactures work and don't try and say it any other way you guys with your brand name flat screen tvs ipads ipod pcs and so on they are all sourced from china just try to explain why its better than a vamo when probably most of you own one but don't want to say so because you spent silly money on a provari and love how you go on about how they look after their clients i really don't think so i could buy 10 vamos or may be more with what you spend on a provari and would not be worried about taking it out dropping it or anything like that i not saying that it a bad piece of kit but what i wills say is there are a lot of others out there don't jump straight in to buy one when you might find some a lot cheaper that may suit your needs try looking at the SMOK VMAX ZMAX SID ITASTE SVD MVP VTR 134 JOYTEC IVIC THIS IS BUT A FEW and they all are nice mods well made and half the price

So, what you're saying is you haven't actually researched the ProVari AT ALL....lol

Good to know.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I wasn't aware the military had laid down rules for designing and constructing an e-cigarette. Sounds like marketing to me.
you are correct, but the military DOES have a strict set of rules pertaining to wiring, switch construction, component assembly and circuit board manufacturing. which the ex military people who DO work at provape incorporated into the design of the electronics.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

you are so completely clueless it's.... it's.... almost cute. almost.

if you want to brag about money there are many many mods that put provari to shame on the price. people who tests mods on oscilloscopes have proven the provari is different and better. heck the 134 is almost just as much as a provari when it came out, most of the DNA 20 mods are over 200 easy. look at the one function hybrid mechs reaching into the 300+ range. my semovar was over 200. hell go try to find a caravela for sale under 1000.

Is it over priced? a little i think, but dont kid yourself and others, there is a noticeable difference in the quality and the way the electronic signal and voltage is produced and it is isnt speculation, countless tests have proven it over and over.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
From the supplier:

Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this questions here are some details:

The ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get.

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

And the silliest post of the day goes to.....

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

Lol. Nice try. You've got a lot to learn mate. Good luck.

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA

Periods, commas, explanation marks. They are your friends, and they help get your point across in a readable and understandable manner.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
I've owned my Provari for 6 months. I love it. It's been flawless in its performance, and met or exceeded my expectations. I just purchased an MVP2 as a backup. I love it. It does everything I want it to and does it well. Someday, the MVP2 will die. I will be sad, but I know it will happen. Not maybe, will. I expect my Provari to outlast my MVP by years. It may well outlast me. Y'all be nice and I might mention you in my will!:vapor:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Periods, commas, explanation marks. They are your friends, and they help get your point across in a readable and understandable manner.

But don't you have to admire the absolute commitment to zero punctuation. Well, that is not right. There are a few apostrophes thrown in there.

A definite contender for the EAGLE award.

youtube-comment-eagle.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread