Whats the deal with PROVARI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's a constant amazement to me how people can have hundreds of posts and still be so clueless! How can this be possible?

best regards, larry mac

p.s., BTW, I like all my APV's, but I love my Provari's!
Larry, I recall that you once were a doubter about the Provari, until it called out your name. Lumen sees totus.

Provarinati4b_zpsce4b93ae.jpg

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Why is a provari better then lets say a vamo, innokin ect...
and what Im asking is smoke wise...

I have never owned one but have read allot of stuff how they are soooo much better. But why?
Why are they better then a cheap mod that does all the same stuff and more.

Why are they worth 3x as much.

Thanks for the help.

Hm, well I don't have a Provari but I also don't feel like you really want to be informed about the benefits of owning one as much as you want to feel like you're not missing anything. So let me give you some peace of mind. The device you have, whatever it is, will probably make you happy for a while if it's making you happy now.

But I also feel like if you stick with vaping for any long period of time you will most likely break down & buy one of the more expensive devices that are out there. With this in mind, I encourage you to consider what type of system you enjoy using the most. Do you like pipe mods a lot? Do you like box mods? Are you interested in bottom feeding devices? What type of topper do you like using on your device?

As I said, the chances are pretty good that if you stick with vaping you will buy a more expensive device. With the more expensive devices (the reputable ones) you're purchasing quality, superior performance & support &/or ease of maintenance. But asking why one should pay 3x the $$ for a Provari over some cheaper device is not really the question you need to have answered. It will be more helpful for you to decide WHICH 3x $$ device would be the one you would like to save up for. If you're not at that point yet then don't worry about it. But don't be fooled into thinking that the cheaper ones are just as good as the more expensive Provari/Reo devices. There is a reason those products sell so well & it's not because the vaping community is full of fools (lol).

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
NOT a Provari owner, but since it can fix a stopped up toilet I'm sold.

But seriously I do intend on buying one, in the new year.

My fear at this point is the CBSA, so ordering something of this cost can be a concern for me.

Mine just got done doing my laundry and is currently whipping me up an elegant dessert. It brought me my slippers, too.

I would marry it but my other one would get jealous.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Ok First let me mention today is 7 weeks since I got my FIRST mod/e-cig and tomorrow will be 7 weeks since my last analog.
The guy that turned me on to Vaping had a ProVari and said he wasted money on others over and over till he finally ended up with a ProVari and back up ProVari.
So I spent over a week reading and researching. And I got a ProVari, A big step for someone that never even took a hit of a Vapor cig.

What Sold Me:
1st was the resale value. Used Original ProVari's still sale for more then what most other Mods cost New.

2nd was the Stock Warranty of a Year. Seen some Mods have a warranty as low as 27 days.

3rd Doesn't really matter to me that one or two parts aren't made in the USA. More importantly it's how they are put together.
I watched so many YouTube video reviews on so many different mods and So many ProVari vs some other mod videos, and was surprised how many of them was sent by the manufacture to them so they can give a review and there was something wrong with it or it broke during the review.
I mean if you were sending your Mod to PBusardo or VapeTV wouldn't you send them your best? And if they don't care about what they send them what are they selling to you? And when this happens they all seem to say the same thing, "this is what happens when you put quantity over quality.
Case in point I been waiting for ProVape to make some more ProVari Mini Polished Stainless Steel since I got my ProVari Satin Silver (7 weeks ago) and finally got a ETA: About 2 Weeks, and I am not sure how long before that they were sold out. Which means to me they taking their time putting them together.

4th Was how a lot of others compare their mods to a ProVari.

Now I am not your normal noob starting out, This buy the best and you won't need to waste your money on others hasn't been working out for me to well.
In these 7 weeks I got 5 mods already (ProVari V2, Smok e-pipe, eGo C-Twist, iTaste 134, and a iTaste VTR) I got them in that order, and I just ordered off of Fasttech a iTaste SVD, KTS Mech Mod, and a eGo-EE2 1100mAh.
But when I leave my house I take my ProVari and when I sleep next to my bed sits my ProVari, the others, the Shiny New Toys I had to have sit on my desk so when I sit at my computer I can take a hit of one of them to justify buying them :)

BTW: I bought my ex-girlfriend a Mini with green Display/LED, my Mom a Pink Mini and my Dad a Black Mini, all 3 of their Birthdays was in Oct.

Last edited:

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
I dropped mine in the jacuzzi before. Would have been fine, had I not been drunk. I picked it up and fired it. Well, it gave an error code. Put it aside and sent to provape. Told them that sometimes my charger acts funny. My charger would flash the led and didn't seem like it was being charged. Although the batteries were fully charged. They sent me back my provari, a new charger, and a vivi nova tank. I asked if they wanted the charger back and they said no, but I should not use it anymore. So outstanding customer service, even though I am the one who shorted it. Free of charge and back to me in a week.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
I want a Provari so bad it hurts!
I made a promise to the wife though...not until after Christmas, and only if I REMAIN off analogs.
It's like waiting for a Christmas present for over two months!

I'm right there with you. I remember going to a local shop last May and I was looking at the Evic and one of the guys there suggested the ProVari. I didn't want to pay that much so I stuck with the Evic. Now that Evic was ok but I kick myself all the time for not getting the damn ProVari right then. I now use the mvp2 and SVD and they're both fine but I want the ProVari!

I'm getting mine for Christmas too. At first my daughters were going to get me a gift certificate towards the purchase for Christmas. This week I told them that it would be even more delightful if they would get those certificates a couple of weeks early so that I can go ahead and order the ProVari and have it for Christmas. They agreed as long as I told them I would let them wrap it and wait until Christmas morning to open it. Maybe I'll hold the pecan and banana cream pies hostage on Christmas Eve and tell them no pie til I get my ProVari!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I dropped mine in the jacuzzi before. Would have been fine had I not been drunk. I picked it up and fired it. Well gace an error code. Put it aside and sent to provape. Told them sometimes my charger acts funny too. My charger would flash the led and didnt seem like it charged it. Alt I ough the batteries did get fully charged. They sent me back my provari, a new charger, and a vivi nova tank. I asked if they wanted the charger back and they said no, but I should not use it anymore. So outstanding customer service even though I am the one who shorted it. Free of charge and back to me in a week.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

This is just another sales gimmick buy Provape!!!!!! How dare they! Use good customer service and and above average product support to get us to buy their product!

I have a good mind to under sell my Provaris since they hold their value so well, and only buy poor preforming, cheaply made products. The ones that at best have a 30 day vendor guarantee if Im lucky.

Wahoo Im no longer the king of bad punctuation! If only that guy was a terrible speller also......

Last edited:

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Personally I think it's crazy to spend that much money on something that is basically a fancy battery tube.

BUT...that's because I'm not that *into* vaping. I enjoy it, I'm glad I'm off cigarettes - but that's it.

I think everyone has at least one thing they're fanatical about, whether it be sports or antique postcards or anime or whatever. I personally could have bought ten Provaris for what I've spent on just plane tickets (two trips to Europe) in the past fifteen months to see certain people in certain musicals.

Do most people think I'm crazy? Yeah. But it was worth it to me. And that's what counts.

My son is currently in Boston - he went up for two days to see the World Series. Do I think he's crazy? Yup. But I'm not *into* baseball. And that's ok.

The only thing I object to is people putting down others for having different priorities.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Personally I think it's crazy to spend that much money on something that is basically a fancy battery tube.

BUT...that's because I'm not that *into* vaping. I enjoy it, I'm glad I'm off cigarettes - but that's it.

I think everyone has at least one thing they're fanatical about, whether it be sports or antique postcards or anime or whatever. I personally could have bought ten Provaris for what I've spent on just plane tickets (two trips to Europe) in the past fifteen months to see certain people in certain musicals.

Do most people think I'm crazy? Yeah. But it was worth it to me. And that's what counts.

My son is currently in Boston - he went up for two days to see the World Series. Do I think he's crazy? Yup. But I'm not *into* baseball. And that's ok.

The only thing I object to is people putting down others for having different priorities
the reason is we try and try to explain why and we get nothing but shot down... just like you have done.

it has nothing to do with "being into it" it has to do with buying a reliable product so we never have to actually worry about continuing to vape to stay off the smokes.

I cant imagine you would take a trip to see a terrible show, why should we be expected to buy a substandard products that wont hold up. what ever works for you is your choice and thats great, but people ask a question, we answer and its always others who throw the first stones. they either dont get it, refuse to see it, or dont want to believe it. thats fine, but just because someone else doesnt see it is no reason to come into a thread and insult our intelligence either.

I like playing guitar, and this is the same as saying to me why not buy the 99 dollar chinese crap model from bestbuy its the same thing, when it isnt. it isnt built the same it in no way is comparable in quality and just isnt worth buying. your never going to convince roger waters that 99 guitar is an acceptable substitute to the hand made guitar he goes on tour with.

I also ride bicycles there is no way that 149 special from walmart can compare to my 800 dollar trek that i will probably have for another 20 years. people dont like it? fine dont buy it, but please quit telling us how stupid we are for buying quality over quantity.

and so far I really dont see the collector types even including the provari in the description of something as collection worthy, there are many other mods that are more status symbol then the provari will ever be.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA

The only thing I object to is people putting down others for having different priorities.

These threads happen once a week the bashing goes both ways for me its just good natured ribbing. At the end of the day we are all vapers and while I might give this guy some grief in this thread I will happily share my experience with him when and if he has a vaping issue in a different thread.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
the reason is we try and try to explain why and we get nothing but shot down... just like you have done.

it has nothing to do with "being into it" it has to do with buying a reliable product so we never have to actually worry about continuing to vape to stay off the smokes.

I cant imagine you would take a trip to see a terrible show, why should we be expected to buy a substandard products that wont hold up. what ever works for you is your choice and thats great, but people ask a question, we answer and its always others who throw the first stones. they either dont get it, refuse to see it, or dont want to believe it. thats fine, but just because someone else doesnt see it is no reason to come into a thread and insult our intelligence either.

I like playing guitar, and this is the same as saying to me why not buy the 99 dollar chines crap model from bestbuy its the same thing, when it isnt. it isnt built the same it in no way is comparable in quality and just isnt worth buying.

I also ride bicycles there is no way that 149 special from walmart can compare to my 800 dollar trek that i will probably have for another 20 years. people dont like it? fine dont buy it, but please quit telling us how stupid we are for buying quality over quantity.

and so far I really dont see the collector types even including the provari in the description of something as collection worthy, there are many other mods that are more status symbol then the provari will ever be.
I just got done building a Strat. I have about $1500.00 in it? Why? I can't stand what's happened to Fender. I guess I could have just got a First Act and saved $1450.00...then I could have gotten $1450.00 worth of Vamos! Why don't I ever think ahead??? Damn me!

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA

<snip>

<snip>

I'm very sorry you took my comments that way, it was not how they were meant.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I usually stay out of these discussions but when someone posts something so demonstrably WRONG I just have to drop in a little...lol

I feel the same way but i get so tired of reading how its a status symbol thing and we are stupid, and other mods work the same and yada yada. i will not deny other mods do work, but they do not work the same.

its funny how many people bashing a provari are wearing top shelf brand name shoes when the 7 dollar ones at walmart do the same thing ( just dont mind they only last 3 weeks)

just to be fair I do own mods I think are actually better then the provari, and not one of them is anywhere near as cheap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread