What's the difference between 1.5, 2.0, and 3.0 ohm Boge cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
510? Like a super-mini (cig sized) 510? 2.4ish ohms is considered "standard" these days. The 510 super-mini doesn't put out enough electricity IMO for 3.0 ohms, but you can try it.

2.0 might work, but could stress the batteries a bit. Like said above, 1.5... not generally recommended. This is due to not only stressing the batteries (and could theoretically cause failure/venting) but also due to the short battery life they have to begin with. 1.5 ohms will drain them much faster, since it uses more current.

Fat battery stuff is generally considered better for 1.5 ohm LR atties/cartos since it can put out more electricity per second (amps).

So, short answer: lower ohms = hotter/more oomph.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Slim batteries use about 2.5 to 3 ohm single coil cartomizers and atomizers. Anything lower could damage the batteries.

The 2 and 1.5 ohm are for 450mah+ batteries like Ego and Riva 510 and mods, and even then 1.5 ohms can sometimes damage the Ego/Riva mass-produced fat batteries.

The lower the ohms the faster power is pulled out of the battery to create higher heat

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
I get 2.0 (+/-.2) and 2.8 (+/-.2) Boge 306 cartomizers. I use the 2.8s on my Joye 306 as the 2.0s are too low resistance for the 306 batteries and would burn them out. This would apply to 510s as well.

The 2.0s I use on my Joye Ego. Can be used on 510 Mega I believe. Anything with mah of 450 or higher. The Ego is 650.

On a couple of occasions I had problems with the 2.0s where the EJ was burning. The last time this happenned I had gotten my WalMart digitial multimeter and tested the resistance on this one and it was 1.4 ohms (e.g. it was a bad carto).

So, I would expect you would need special high wattage EJ if you want to use 1.5s. Otherwise, the EJ is probably gonna burn.

Also, I do not go below 1.7/1.8 ohms for cartos and addys on my Ego as there are rumors that lower resistance will significantly shorten the life of my Ego batteries. This is just an extension of what you do not want to use on the 306/510.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Oh, I should add here that, the 2.0s draw about 40% more current (due to the lower resistance) than the 2.8s and that means about TWICE the wattage/heat as the 2.8s.

In practice, the 2.8s work OK but in low humidity situations, you don't get much vapor exhaled. The 2.0s give you more vapor but can be a bit overpowering at times. Overall, the taste of EJ is the same just stronger with the 2.0s. So, a matter of personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread