What's the difference? RY1, RY2, RY3, RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Can someone explain to me the difference. I once received a sample bottle of Runyan 24mg. Just simple black lettering 2 separate labels. Needless to say I've no idea where it came from. Now I'm seeing Runyan #1 #2 #3 #4 and then just RY #1 #2 #3 #4. I've been trying my hand at DIY and ain't doing so well at the moment. But I know I was awful tired of buying bad juice which drove me to DIY to start with.
I know how subjective taste is but suggest something RYish if you would, and the difference between the above mentioned.
Thx

ruuku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2009
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm not too sure of the flavors, but i know that the RY series goes in terms of sweetness, with RY4 being the sweetest. I once received a bottle of RY3 from a supplier instead of RY4...That went to pest control outside (I notified them of the error, and they sent me a new bottle of RY4). I'm not a fan of extremely perfume-y liquids, and RY3 tasted like French Pipe.

My experience is that RY4 is the most popular of the Ruyan Series, and has a Caramel base, with vanilla, and tobacco undertones. Lots of people don't consider RY4 to be a tobacco flavor, since its not predominant, but to me its still a great vape.

RY would probably be one of the harder DIY projects because of the complexity of the original, but I guess it depends on what flavors you were after.

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
ruuku
thanks for the response sounds like ry4 is the one I'd want.

Richie G
posts like these clutter threads with garbage and eventually make threads unreadable. Must be why you're over a thousand posts.

Richie G
In my frustration I didn't recognize it was you. Sorry to come down as hard as I did on ya. I'm able to see a little more humor this morning.
Thx for the red ... lol

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
My understanding and not too far off what Ritchie G stated.

RY stand for Ruyan and 4 is basically the forth flavour they developed. RY1 being the first of course. Not unlike Windows, 3.1, '95, '98....

ya forgot windows 2.0 and 3.11 :)

i.e. 2.0, 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, etc...

Yes I used windows 2.0 in 93! LOL

But you are correct on the RY factor.

Dan

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Scubabatdan
Thanks for calculator 13v. I can't help but notice that the RY turned into RY4 and moved from #42 up to #39. Glad to see you posting to this thread. As you can probably tell I wasn't a real happy camper yesterday, I did PM Richie :oops: I'd like to try this RY4 recipe again but got a couple ???? I plan on using exact & I mean exact measurements this time. I'm pretty sure it was my error in how the batch turned out last time. OK so do you think PA flavors will work or shall I purchase some more loranns ?12 count at ebay pretty good deal Or can you recommend the right combination of manufacturers? I mixed your other tobacco #48 recipe so my panic has abated. I've been trying to stock up on things as I'm going to be in kinda a spending freeze here shortly.
Hey a friend of mine:D wants to know what percentage you'd suggest on the PA MJ.
thanks all for your input

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Scubabatdan
Thanks for calculator 13v. I can't help but notice that the RY turned into RY4 and moved from #42 up to #39. Glad to see you posting to this thread. As you can probably tell I wasn't a real happy camper yesterday, I did PM Richie :oops: I'd like to try this RY4 recipe again but got a couple ???? I plan on using exact & I mean exact measurements this time. I'm pretty sure it was my error in how the batch turned out last time. OK so do you think PA flavors will work or shall I purchase some more loranns ?12 count at ebay pretty good deal Or can you recommend the right combination of manufacturers? I mixed your other tobacco #48 recipe so my panic has abated. I've been trying to stock up on things as I'm going to be in kinda a spending freeze here shortly.
Hey a friend of mine:D wants to know what percentage you'd suggest on the PA MJ.
thanks all for your input

Hi,
Your welcome, when I wrote the RY4 recipe it was with Lorann flavors and that is what I have stuck with, I have not tried the PA flavor for this recipe. As far as PA flavors got I tentd to mix 10% -20% depending on the flaor. For MJ I use 15% and my neighbor loved it. Me I was not to partial to its flavor :)
Dan

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Dan, I'll be placing an order for some more lorann flavors. Since I was looking all your recipes over figuring what flavors to get I noticed a little error. That being Brandy mentioned for both flavor columns. I only bring it up as it may save you some more questions, probably not though.
Napoleon Dollop! 100% Brandy (Lorann) 67.0% Brandy (Lorann) 33.0%
I ran from 7% up to 30% with the MJ and never came close to what I was looking for. Kinda silly working with that flavor any ways, more as a novelty to surprise a few friends. You've got some nice bells and whistles on 13v, I was working with 11v, don't know how I missed 12v. Well I'm off to ebay.
Thx for the help

Last edited by a moderator:

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From what I gathered from the litecigusa juice selection, the RY menu has to do with the ratio of caramel, vanilla and tobacco...they hint at what is what BUT I really like RY4 and the flavor is not consistent with different samples I have tried. That said I did try litecigs RY2 and was blown away with the richness....it was really good.....
hope this helps

Last edited:

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Attached is the calculations from ejuice cal.13v
I'm using 100mg/ml PG nic
all lorann flavoring
I wonder since I like everything strong if I should mix my flavor @ 15%? I believe Dan suggests 10%?
I know how sensitive to error RY4 can be so I'm mixing 30ml to help reduce that error factor. This is also why I'd like to mix exactly what Dan suggests. For right now I'm going to wait for suggestions and mix the tobacco (50% commercial 50% Tobacco Absolute). I pretty much know how I like that. Only now I've got a better system for accuracy and repeatability.

Thanks to all

Attachments

• 30ml_RY4_sec7.jpg
    30ml_RY4_sec7.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 30ml_RY4_sec1-2.jpg
    30ml_RY4_sec1-2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 95

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
I love RY4. A lot. I think it's awesome.
I want to try RY1, 2, and 3.
I'd love to try 1,2 & 3 myself. I just purchased some RY4 and was again disappointed. Not a bad vape just not RY4.

I have all 4. RY1, RY2 and RY3 are all similar and to my taste have NO sweetness at all... unlike RY4. They are real strong tobacco flavorings and the order of strength goes up. RY3 being the strongest. I like them all and RY3 is my favorite... but it will knock you down at 6 volts. It's really strong!
I've had just straight Runyan and the taste was great. RY1, 2 & 3 I've never even seen, but then maybe I wasn't paying attention to them. I do love strong tobacco flavor. Yesterday I mixed 3 recipes, tobacco at 24mg/ml & 12mg/ml and Jolly Rancher at 12mg/ml. I believe I'll try RY4 today but only mix 15ml at 10% flavor. If it's to weak I'm sure Dan will be around to advise me how to fix it.
thanks for the input

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Well I mixed the mix. But I didn't have all the lorann's flavors and used PA for caramel and marshmallow. PA flavors overpowered the whole mix way to sweet. So for now I put some more commercial concentrate and a little of PA's tobacco blend to make the stuff vapeable. Since madvapes is a great vendor I ordered some RY4 & 555 just to refresh my taste buds. I have checked into many sites and have found RY1 thru 4. If I'm not that happy with what I get from madvapes then I'll order the other RY's. In the meanwhile I'm still trying the DIY, 1st I'll vape what I got.
again thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread