What's the Min. Order Amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
For one to get a free sample from M&P? Their stuff is so good, the free sample isn't that big of a deal...but then I come on here and see lots of peeps raving about their free samples...and I've yet to get one. LOL Just got my second order in today and still no free sample. Maybe I'm just not spending enough? First order was for 36 and change, this order was for 28. Like I said, no biggie really, just wondering.

Today I got Grasshopper, Pchela's Poison,[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]Calipitter Chow, Dragon Tob. They all smell soooo good! It's going to be hard to let them all steep!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

My first order was back in March, I think it was...then went on to DIY not long later...But have been hearing sooo many good reviews about the CC, I had to try it out...then saw all these other yummy flavors, so got them as well. I may have to rethink this whole, ONLY DIY juice...LOL...I'm going to go nuts waiting for these to steep!

My 10 year old daughter likes to smell new juices...as soon as she smelled the CC, she said...Yuuum...Cupcakes! LOL...It does smell like that!

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
I know that there is no "minimum," though I don't know what to tell you other than that. I haven't gotten any "freebies" in my last few orders either--but I'm a special case in that I can get an employee discount. I have noticed a few people recently mentioning not getting any extra samples, and I think it may track to how big Mom & Pop Vapor Shop has become.

Back in the long-ago it used to be just Scuba and P0P. She made the juice and he packed and shipped the orders. They were "the new kids on the block" and so I think she made a lot of samples in order to get people to try more flavours, just to see how good they really were. The shop didn't have very much non-juice supplies, but P0P liked to throw all sorts of random stuff in the shipping bags. Sometimes too much--sometimes people felt guilty about all the extras and sometimes he got in trouble for giving so much away (and inventory sometimes fell a lot quicker than orders would allow for re-stock). Eventually they got big enough that they needed to hire some help, and they kept growing to the point that P0P was taken out of the shipping room compleatly because he had to start building and remodeling in order to accommodate their growth.

Now they're one of the "big names" in vaping with a compleat line of supplies, international distribution and a wholesale "division." I know Scuba still makes up batches of free samples when she's working on a new flavour (to get feedback) and/or they are getting ready to release a new juice (to get it out to people sooner), but I don't know how able she is to actually make so much extra juice that they can throw some in every order anymore--and between having thousands more orders a week now than they used to, and having the orders fulfilled by employees (who would likely feel a lot less comfortable giving stuff away than one of the owners would) I'm sure there are a lot less freebies going out the door than there used to be.

I would say now that whether or not you get free juice samples depends a lot on timing and random chance. As far as "lots of peeps" talking about the free samples, if they sent out four hundred orders a day and only dropped two samples in every hundred, that would still be eight samples a day. At fifty-six samples a week it would only take 10% of those people mentioning it it be five or six people a week talking about the free samples--that's only .02% of the orders including free samples but in the economy of posting on internet forums it looks like everybody gets them all the time. And when you throw in the fantastic flavours, superb quality and phenomenal customer service, there tends to be a lot of gushing from the customers...

And of course you still have 11 days to enter http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hly-contest-picture-thread-3.html#post9988490 and try for $20 in store credit ;)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I ordered a few weeks ago from M&P's and got a free sample, I only ordered the Pchela's Poison but also I did put in the comments that I was a new customer and was trying them out for the 1st time, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I really think even a very small free sample is a good idea for juice vendors, I know when I get a free sample it makes me feel special and excited to have another flavor to try, and I admit I have not re-ordered yet from M&P's, but another vendor I tried also sent a free sample, I loved it so much, I went back to the site the day it turned up and ordered a 60ml bottle of the sample flavor they sent, so it paid out to them for sending it.

ALso another vendor I tried at the same time, took over a week to even ship me my order, I did email them and they apologized and said they was backed up because of the 4th July sale, which I understood, the order did turn up 2 weeks later from order date, no freebie for the waiting, or would expected at least a sorry on the packing slip, not what I am use to with juice supplies, really did like 1 of there juices, and maybe if had done a free sample or something for the wait, I might of reordered, but they did not make me feel special, so ordered the same flavor from somewhere else.

Last edited:

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I totally understand about them not sending out freebies to every one. Just wishful hoping on my part. :) Their juice is really good! I order one morning, it shipping that day and I got it a day later...so 2 days total time...WOW! Excellent! I love how they always personalize my shipping invoice. That alone is a great thing.

The CC just smelled to good...I had to try out at least a tank of it...OMG! I can't stop vaping this. I can honestly say this is my first "sweet" type Vape ever (even tho its not really sweet) why oh why have I waited this long to try out this type of flavors, I have no idea! I won't vape any more tho until it does steep for a week. I have to control myself tho...this stuff is just too good!

M&P...you guys/gals rock! Keep up the great work!!

pwyll

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2011
    I ordered a few weeks ago from M&P's and got a free sample, I only ordered the Pchela's Poison but also I did put in the comments that I was a new customer and was trying them out for the 1st time, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I really think even a very small free sample is a good idea for juice vendors, I know when I get a free sample it makes me feel special and excited to have another flavor to try, and I admit I have not re-ordered yet from M&P's, but another vendor I tried also sent a free sample, I loved it so much, I went back to the site the day it turned up and ordered a 60ml bottle of the sample flavor they sent, so it paid out to them for sending it.

ALso another vendor I tried at the same time, took over a week to even ship me my order, I did email them and they apologized and said they was backed up because of the 4th July sale, which I understood, the order did turn up 2 weeks later from order date, no freebie for the waiting, or would expected at least a sorry on the packing slip, not what I am use to with juice supplies, really did like 1 of there juices, and maybe if had done a free sample or something for the wait, I might of reordered, but they did not make me feel special, so ordered the same flavor from somewhere else.

Free samples are wonderful, and when you're just starting out vaping (or financially strapped) those free samples can really influence from whom you order. But as you get "established" your preference in flavours becomes more important than freebies (largely because you don't need to try so many different flavours anymore) and customer service becomes much more important in your choice of suppliers. It's amazing to me how many vendors seem to forget this--when they go from vaper to supplier they always emphasize customer service "we treat you the way we would want to be treated", but it always seems to be the first thing sacrificed when business starts growing.

I was lucky enough to be around when Mom & Pop first opened shop and I (as well as a few other people lurking in these boards) have watched them go from literally a "mom & pop operation" to the international powerhouse they are today, and the two things that have remained absolutely consistent is the quality of their product and their genuine care for their customers.

pwyll

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2011
    I totally understand about them not sending out freebies to every one. Just wishful hoping on my part. :) Their juice is really good! I order one morning, it shipping that day and I got it a day later...so 2 days total time...WOW! Excellent! I love how they always personalize my shipping invoice. That alone is a great thing.

The CC just smelled to good...I had to try out at least a tank of it...OMG! I can't stop vaping this. I can honestly say this is my first "sweet" type Vape ever (even tho its not really sweet) why oh why have I waited this long to try out this type of flavors, I have no idea! I won't vape any more tho until it does steep for a week. I have to control myself tho...this stuff is just too good!

M&P...you guys/gals rock! Keep up the great work!!

I can honestly say that Calipitter Chow is the best flavour available anywhere, from anyone--and I am not biased in my opinion about it in any way :laugh: Also, if you just drop the closed bottle in a mug of hot water, then shake the bottle vigourously once the water's cooled down, it should be ready to vape tomorrow. The hot water bath/"power steep" seems to take about a week off the steeping time, at least for the Calipitter Chow...

Also, in the interest of full disclosure and despite what I wrote just last night, the order I received today did have an extra bottle of juice in it. It wasn't a free sample, it was actually one of my 'regular flavours'--but it seems to be evidence (to me, anyway) that you've just been "unlucky" in your timing so far :(

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Free samples rock for sure......saying that, there customer service and turn around time is literally second to none by far!!! I personally think that is more important than free samples. With all that said, I haven't ordered from them. In awhile:( missing the ry4 fo sho...

You're right...their CS really is good! As is their juice. I can honestly say they are the first Vendor I've ordered from since I started DIY. Just too many good things being said about CC and others, that I had to try out. That being said...I think I'm really going to like these savory flavors. I know I sure couldn't do it myself. I may just have to buy up some of their DIY flavors and make my own!

pwyll

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2011
    . caterpillar-smile.gif .

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Okay, I am here to clear up the "free sample" issue. Free things are completely, 100% random. If you are regularly ordering on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, you probably have never gotten free stuff. When we have time, we make up samples and throw them in as many orders as we can, it doesn't have anything to do with order amount, or how many times you have ordered, it is purely random. If you order on a day when no one else is ordering, you are very likely to get something in your order because everyone needs things to do and so we make up samples, and we all help fill shipping envelopes. As our older customers know, we LOVE to give things away - but as Pwyll has said, we have gotten so busy that most times it is all we can do to get orders out and we do feel it is more important to get everyone's orders out rather than give samples to some and have others wait an extra day or two for their orders. The other issue that has come up is the amount of complaints that come in when we give things away. I doubt the complaints are coming from forum members but . . . when we give things for free, people complain about them and that takes time to address the emails and phone calls that come in so we don't just need time to prepare the "free stuff" but also need extra time a week later to address the complaints regarding the "free stuff". Since I don't believe it is forum members, I will tell you, if you really haven't gotten anything in your last 2-3 orders, put a comment saying "I haven't gotten any free stuff and I keep reading about it" - that will likely guarantee you some free stuff, lol, but be aware, if we are busy, your order might not be mailed out that day. I hope that helps clear things up and I really hope that nobody feels left out, we ALL LOVE FREE STUFF, me included :oops: and we do our best to put things in as we can.

pwyll

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2011
    Okay, I am here to clear up the "free sample" issue. Free things are completely, 100% random. If you are regularly ordering on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, you probably have never gotten free stuff. When we have time, we make up samples and throw them in as many orders as we can, it doesn't have anything to do with order amount, or how many times you have ordered, it is purely random. If you order on a day when no one else is ordering, you are very likely to get something in your order because everyone needs things to do and so we make up samples, and we all help fill shipping envelopes.

Top Sekrit Insider Information:

Order on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to maximize your chances at unsolicited extras ;)

The other issue that has come up is the amount of complaints that come in when we give things away. I doubt the complaints are coming from forum members but . . . when we give things for free, people complain about them and that takes time to address the emails and phone calls that come in so we don't just need time to prepare the "free stuff" but also need extra time a week later to address the complaints regarding the "free stuff".

I would say "leave it to Americans to complain about free stuff :glare:," but I think the sense of entitlement is international now :facepalm:...

it just seems to be stronger here...

:facepalm::facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread