What's the secret to tight wick wrapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Oh duh. Lol.
You mean so the airflow can pass through the coil vs over it?
What I did when I still needed to use vertical coils and when I used cotton was grab thin, wide strips and wrap it from the bottom to the top and back down if needed. It may help if the wick is damp but not soaked

Yep, that's exactly what I meant![emoji106]

Adan

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
USA
Hello,
might try wrap a piece of paper around coil/cotton to help insert
Something thin and strong. a piece of a post it note? not too much paper, not too tight
Slide it in, pull the paper out. might have to hold the coil/cotton in with a pencil or something
pre roll paper to make it want to round
Not sure I have a BF, I know I have still triton rba if you need picture, but should be easy
Don't try to save the wick, it's cheap. Trim or tear as you go, and as you need, same with the paper.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Hello,
might try wrap a piece of paper around coil/cotton to help insert
Something thin and strong. a piece of a post it note? not too much paper, not too tight
Slide it in, pull the paper out. might have to hold the coil/cotton in with a pencil or something
pre roll paper to make it want to round
Not sure I have a BF, I know I have still triton rba if you need picture, but should be easy
Don't try to save the wick, it's cheap. Trim or tear as you go, and as you need, same with the paper.

Excellent advice, thank you!

Reactions: Adan

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
If you search my post history I should have a picture of my old Nixon dual vertical build. You might have better luck searching for "chimney coil" for the wicking technique you are referring to. Personally, I think there are only a few RDA/RTAs that even benifit from this type of setup, the ehpro Nixon, the single intake per side Kennedy, the kanger subtank rba deck, to name a few. I feel like it is a good way to make use of otherwise spitty twisted wire.
Compared to wicking the inner coil surface, juice feed isn't quite as good and the wicking material ends up gunking up/burning faster. Last time i used a chimney setup was well over a year ago.

Reactions: Adan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread