What's the stupidest thing you did due to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
So I had half a tank of cappuccino and decided to spice it up by adding half a tank of some Jamaica rum flavour I'd made up. So I grabbed the rum bottle and filled up the tank. Only then did I realise that instead of picking up the 18mg rum bottle mixed at 4%, I'd picked up the bottle of rum concentrate. Very rummy indeed. Still vaped it all though.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
ixqrnt.jpg

10 wrap of 28 guage?

Very close, 10 wrap of 27 gauge. Except for the last wrap on the left, it was a nice tight coil as you can see :blink:

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
Oh, I also put a battery in a pocket full of change. My leg started getting hot and I thought, "what's going on?" When I reached into my pocket, I was rewarded for my stupidity with a first degree burn to my fingers pulling the uncomfortably toasty battery out. The plastic wrap around the battery had already melted completely away.
The second time that exact same scenario happened was when I realized I was I was a complete idiot.
I now carry my batteries in a battery box. At least I did learn from my mistakes.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Set up a new pair of microcoils in a dripper and dry fired them. The mod slipped, I grabbed it but caught a coil on my finger:

ixqrnt.jpg

Yes, it hurt :facepalm:

I used to work in fire so getting scorched every now and then came with the job. I’ve also spent time around cattle. From my humble experience Ryedan, that is not a burn, it is a brand.

Dumbest thing I did was light the end of a cigalike on fire at the dog park. That was until a day or two ago. We were joking around and I called Smokey Joe a weenie. Yeah, that Smokey Joe. Now I sit here waiting for lightning to strike or worse, suddenly get “moved on. Really, it was just a simple joke. :cry:

Last edited:

fropit

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2013
United States
I suppose mines more of absent minded motor reflexes.... I have a SVD and a mech... I found myself pushing on the bottom of the SVD and wondering why I wasnt getting any vape...

I've tried to push the fire button on the side and wondered where the heck it is after turning my stingray in my hand a couple of times.after day of vaping with my vamo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nytebreed

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Got another.
Got up outta my chair at work and while reaching for my copper nemesis, decided it was a better idea to hit the drip tip with my wrist and throw it on the concrete floor.
Smashed the switch so hard it deformed the lock ring (which was fortunately locked or I'd be out a VTC5.
Unfortunately mushroomed the ring over the switch, mangled the switch and the threads from the lock ring are wiggling out like little copper worms.

So much for this weekend's patina project.

Nytebreed

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Boston, MA USA
Just did it...:facepalm: Sober as a judge.

I tried to fit 50ml of DIY juice from a clear flask into a 30ml cobalt blue bottle. View attachment 369443 .

I really didn't understand what was going on. Then I got it. Bottles full dude!!

Glad I fubar'd over a sink! Glad DIY is cheap!

:toast:

The question is did you lick the sink?

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
During my lunch break, I had just finished eating a sandwich I had bought from a place just across the street from my work. I was going back and decided to throw away the remaining sandwich in a trash can, but instead I threw away my ProVari which was in my other hand. Once I realized what I have done I started to rummage through the trash looking from my ProVari and of course in precisely that moment my boss passed by me looking quite amused :facepalm:

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
^
This one may not actually be "the stupidest" but it is farging funny, and masterful in both it's complexity AND simplicity.

We have a winner!

Glad I could brighten your day with my dipstick move :)

Interestingly enough, the battery is still going strong. I helped the drain with some centrifugal force and then blew through the fire button and got what I choose to believe was the remainder of the coffee out the spinner wheel on the bottom. I am pretty sure there is a circuit board down at the bottom too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread