Somewhere between here and there

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I hear you on that on hit.

When you get down to it, no amount of regulation can keep anything out of the hands of people/kids. I know I'm not the only one that managed to get my first cigarettes and alcohol at 15-16 years old. Hell, illegal drugs were just made lucrative by outlawing them.

Money spent writing/enforcing laws should be put toward education in my opinion. That's the only way to really combat their use.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I started at 14. There was no issue getting cigarettes. If my kids would have wanted to try them then they could have snuck one or two out of the garage. My oldest turns 18 next month and has never smoked. My other daughter is almost 15 and hasn't either. My wife still smokes and there are always cigarettes in the garage. We made it a point to not smoke around the kids but also talked to them about it. I don't hide my vaping but don't do it around them just because I don't want to make that influence on them.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Good morning all. Made it back from my trip to Taiwan safe and sound. Now I just need to get over the jet lag and time change and I'll be right as rain. It was a good productive trip, ate my fill of seafood, saw some nice sights, and did minimal work when possible. I thought it was spring time when I left and I came back to some beautiful weather here in Michigan, but it didn't last long. Seriously cold and damp this morning and we're looking at several nights below freezing this week. I guess I'll leave the heat on for a bit longer. :glare:

The gas station down the road put General back on sale at $1.99 a can so I've been clearing them out of Original and Mint as fast as they can stock it. All come with the $1 coupon under the lid so I've been using them and buying for $.99 a can. Hopefully I can hoard enough to last the summer. :)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Got it from one of the admins. You right click on your name in the upper right portion of the screen and select preferences which I had done at least ten times. "Thread Display Mode" is the very last preference. There should be a default in there. but the programmer didn't do a very good job (from my past life's knowledge).

If you click on the empty box it displays the two options. For anyone that needs the info.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread