hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Never had the Tranbar, but after your description and Hitts recommend, I'll look for it next time bargains are to be had.

You're right Rwb, exhaling through your nose does give you a better experience of the flavor. I just tried it.

Roth, I've always liked berry type flavors and was hooked on tranbar(cranberry) for a while. I haven't had any in quite a while. Much of my snus history has been made up of skruf tranbar, thunder berry, thunder raspberry, and I also really liked the sommarsnus which is a berry snus.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    We need a good deal and to put together a group buy again. I'd be glad to quarterback again and disperse the goodies. I'm missing the Oden's cinnamon something awful and could stand to try a few new ones that have caught my eye. The sommarsnus sounds tasty Hitt and would be a nice one to give a try as well.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've been watching and waiting for a deal on general mint. It kills me to have to pay regular price for it. Even if it was a buy ten pay for six then it would be better than paying retail. Most prices online are more than the regular local prices once shipping is added. If you do organize a buy then let me know.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    I've been watching and waiting for a deal on general mint. It kills me to have to pay regular price for it. Even if it was a buy ten pay for six then it would be better than paying retail. Most prices online are more than the regular local prices once shipping is added. If you do organize a buy then let me know.

Good God man, what are the local prices? It's still $1.99 here. I'd gladly toss a few cans in the mail if you need.

Also, I'd be in for a roll or five in a group buy if it's something fun. I'd be very into the strawberry sommersnus.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The regular price is 3.99 a can plus tax. I bought as much as I could when it was 1.99 a can for a while. Problem is most places I went had five cans or less. I use one extra strong portion in the morning and general mint the rest of the day so it didn't take too long to work thru what I had. I'd take as much as I could get at the 1.99 price. I'm down to about three or four cans now so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy some at regular price.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    The regular price is 3.99 a can plus tax. I bought as much as I could when it was 1.99 a can for a while. Problem is most places I went had five cans or less. I use one extra strong portion in the morning and general mint the rest of the day so it didn't take too long to work thru what I had. I'd take as much as I could get at the 1.99 price. I'm down to about three or four cans now so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy some at regular price.

Well shame on me. I haven't been buying General Mint because of the SnusCentral order I just got. I went to buy a can today and WHAM $3.91. That deflated my sails in a hurry. I'll have to look around, see if anyone else is still doing $1.99. It's starting to look like the honeymoon is over.

On a lighter note I made another Snus Central order today. I'll tell you what wasn't in it, General G3 Mint or XRange Catch Slim Large White Mint. Blah. They taste mostly of salt. I was super disappointed in each, although I guess the scuttlebutt is that they are one and the same.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Was that at Turkey Hill? If it is, I blew my chances by not finding it earlier.

Well, it looks like mom is going to rejoining dad pretty soon. I went to see her yesterday and they had her in bed as they have the last 6 days. She hasn't been eating much the last few weeks. You could tell she was in some pain and only woke up briefly giving me a blank look. I was pretty sure that she was getting close. I even sent my sister a note about it and mentioned if she was one of my pets I'd know what to do, trying to get her to start thinking about the inevitable.

Then I was waiting for the social services gal who was in a meeting. The nurse came over and sat real close with paperwork in her hand. I immediately knew what the conversation was about- morphine, hospice and end of life. I know she was much more uncomfortable than I was as I had pretty well accepted what her condition was. I think I made her more comfortable when I told her to relax and explained I knew and that mom has been wanting the end for quite a while.

After I spoke to the social services gal and left, I got a call from the nurse. I thought we'd use the same hospice that took care of my dad but she heard about it and wanted to let me know that another one was the best that handled patients at the assisted living site. I'm glad I built a good relationship with the nurses (bought them a lot of coffee over the years and had brief conversations whenever possible). They took good care of mom and have helped tremendously.

Reactions: firechick

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Roth I'm very sorry for what is going on but am glad that you sound like you are handling it well. My mother and I weren't very close in my adult years as I had moved out of state and we didn't talk very much. A few years ago I drove home to see her in the hospital and visited her there each day we were there. I returned home and got a call from my sister two weeks later that she had passed. If I had one regret it was I wasn't there to hold her hand when she went. It was just by dumb luck that my sister had stopped for a visit when it happened so that made me feel a little better that at least one of us was there for her.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Her roommate went first. My sister was visiting mom and I got a message that she was gone. She was only 91. She and mom actually worked together for many years at American Olean Tile Co. My mother, of course, didn't remember her (she doesn't remember much of anything), but Katie remembered mom. I was surprised when she went bad as quickly as she did. She had a lot more of her faculties than mom.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    When I went to my mom's funeral, I met one of my uncles for what I believe was the very first time. He was 93 then. I haven't heard anything if he's still alive or not. It seemed like not much of my mom's family stayed in touch while I was growing up. My grandma had four or five kids, took several years off, and then had another group of kids. My mom was in the younger group and was only 72 when she passed. She had a rough life and I regret not doing a better job of staying in touch after I moved away. I always went to see her when I went back to visit but didn't call much. I'm not doing such a great job staying in touch with my dad right now either. I'm just not a big phone talker.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    That sounds a lot like me Hitt. I've never spent a lot of time yapping on the phone. If I didn't live local to my parents, they wouldn't have heard much from me. In fact, until they got older, it was infrequent visits even though they were fairly close. I had my life and they lived theirs. My sister, on the other hand was over there once a week. My visits were occasionally and during the Holidays.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My sister goes once a week to my dad's house to visit and clean and stuff. When I do talk to him then he tells me about how my sister is such a great help. I'm glad she's there for him. If I wasn't 600+ miles away then I'd like to think that I'd be there helping at least some too.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm sure you would be Hitt. I know as infrequent as I visited early on, when I was needed that all changed. I also picked up the lead with my uncle when he came back from living in the UK for 27 years and really not living around here for like 70. My other uncle I don't see much at all yet I was closer to him than his brother over the years. The biggest difference is that he has a stepson and the stepson's wife that take care of him.

Users who are viewing this thread