What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
waho, that's not a ditch, it's a cavern!. Plug up the one end and you have a pond! You could do laps in your front yard. ;)

Yeah, I hear you on fires out of control. A while back when mom was somewhere in her 80s she was burning in a barrel on the back of her property. It was a dry period and it got away from her. She had all these evergreens on the back of the property on fire and a few acres behind the house. She managed to make the front page of the newspaper and a visit from Smokey the Bear.

I don't think there were any financial repercussions, perhaps because of her age, but it was the last time she ever used the barrel.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Boy did I get myself into a project. I mentioned to her that she should update her PC to Win 10 because it might solve some of the problems she was experiencing. I stopped by her place on my way home Friday and the last update she did to Win 8 was back in April. The machine was just about paralyzed. I brought it home with me and after I couple hours I judged on a scale of 0 to10 it rated about a -5. I wasn't sure if it would ever get straightened out.

I'm working on about 20 hours now and finally Win 8.1 is installing. I'm just hoping this goes clean, I'll check for any potential driver issues and work on Win 10 maybe Sunday. If this all works out, I'll be overjoyed.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Roth you're giving me Vietnam flashbacks of times I've reformatted hard drives on our computers in the past. The last time we were having issues that were hard drive related I just bought a hard drive that came with Acronis true image and it made a mirror copy on the new drive in about an hour and solved our issues.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It's good to hear from you stubby. I saw your post in the other thread and thought you might stop in.

We are a family of iPhone and iPad users but I haven't made the switch to Mac yet. The kids get MacBook Air computers thru the high school and we just bought my oldest a 13" air for college. I'm considering going to a Mac next time we're able to afford a new home computer.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hi Stubby, nice to see you pop in, but I'm going to forgo your suggestion. The only way I invest in Apple is at the grocery store and in the stock market. It's a personal thing. :)

A big day today, crossed over the :rickroll: 100,000 :rickroll: Cigarettes NOT Smoked mark!

It took a while, but it feels good.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    She was fine. She had a meeting at seven to go to. However my wife teared up and has been crying on and off since we left. I will miss her but know it's time for her to go and be her own person. I just can't wait to see how she turns out. She's one great kid and I think she'll be a great adult too.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I found the first 30 seconds, as my parents pulled away, to be the worst. Then I had to dry my eyes before I crossed the basketball courts on my way to the dorms. That was the extent of my "leaving the nest". Can't recall ever even feeling homesick after that, just that initial "fear of flying".

Users who are viewing this thread