What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Stop at my usual gas station this morning to grab a drink for the ride to work. The guy working the night shift sees me all the time and knows when they put General on sale I clean them out of the original every time it's stocked, which I've been doing for the past couple of weeks since its $1.89 a can. So when I walked in today he sets a full roll of Original on the counter and smiles. "I bought a few extra cans for you on this order". Nice guy he is and my freezer thanks him. ;) Cleaned him out of mint as well just to throw him a curve ball.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    That's really cool he did that for you. I have to go to a few different places to get a couple rolls. They never stock much.

I am off work today. Not looking forward to six hours in the car. My daughter is finished with her first year of college and we are going to move her out.

Reactions: Guttermouth

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    That would be nice Roth, but I'm running out of room in the freezer. We have our beef order coming soon so I need to carve out a spot in the garage freezer for that. Half a cow takes up quite a lot of room, but the money I save in not having to buy it from the grocery store is well worth it.

Got a ride myself this weekend Hitt, although a bit shorter than you. Family friend passed away unexpectedly this week and the service is on Monday on the other side of the state. Going go over on Sunday to visit family for the day and spend the night. Getting to that age where weddings are few and funerals are increasing. Ugh...

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yes, she finally got her license at the beginning of the senior high school year and has driven back and forth from college several times now. She had so much stuff to bring home that my wife's seven seater was full with the seats down and my daughters car was so full the trunk barely closed. It's amazing how much she accumulated in a year.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Life is so much different these days. I remember going to school my junior year in a 1964 Triumph TR4 which carried everything I had for the year. I do think I needed a couple trips, maybe three at the end of the year bringing stuff home, but that's a far cry from what you dealt with. I probably could have brought everything home in her car. Of course we men live a little more condensed.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think she took stuff back to college each time she came home to visit.

I got the liter of 100mg nic I ordered so I broke it down to 100ml Amber glass bottles for storage. My wife got kind of antsy about me storing it in the freezer so for now it's being stored in a cabinet I have in the basement. I didn't feel like arguing about it and I kinda understand since my youngest is still at home. I put the bottles in the box I got them in so no light will hit them. I'd think they should be good for at least 2-3 years like that. I bought the euro bottles so I can draw from them with a syringe without removing the stopper.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I agree.

I sell a little bit of old stock stuff for my company on ebay. I know I should but don't always check the ebay account over the weekends. When I checked my work email this morning I had a very scathing message from someone that had made an offer on an item I have listed because their offer was not responded to before it expired. They proceeded to tell me how I was unprofessional and ebay was also for allowing it to happen. I told them I was busy getting my daughter over the weekend and apologized for not responding. I told them that if they would like to submit the offer again that I would accept. It's almost like I hurt their feelings.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    So someone got .... hurt. People are strange. I'm closing down my uncle's house and preparing to sell it, which is a totally other story. However, his Comcast bill was overdue and they pulled the plug. I called yesterday to pay the $380 he owed and asked what that paid up to which was May 22nd. I said I wanted to shut off the service and they had another figure over $500. I questioned them on the fact that the $380 covered until next week and I was cancelling so how could he now owe $500. he woman kept dancing on the subject so I just said I'll pay the $380 and discuss it with the billing office today. Instead of getting into another argument, I just called and cancelled and took he equipment to their shop. they told me I'd get the final bill in a few days. I'll argue that when I get it.

Then this morning, we were moving his stuff to the assisted living room he's getting. I talked to the head of the unit Friday and I set up Tuesday or Wednesday to get the stuff in. However, the rain is coming Tuesday by midday and it's supposed to rain Wednesday so I called to see if bringing it in today would be okay.

The gal I talked to on Friday was off for the next few days, but the gal that took the call said, "You know, you'll have to pay the room rate from the time you bring the furniture in". I told her the gal that I talked to on Friday said nothing about that (only the $1,000 they get for "admission") and besides, he's already paying $11,000 a month for the room he's currently in. He can't be moved it until their PT people give their blessing which I already thought they gave when they gave him the room. Anyway, they're not going to get that additional money one way or the other. It wasn't a fun day.

My uncle doesn't know he's never going home and I hate it. On one hand, he's worked hard to get on his feet and walk without assistance well enough that he's gotten out of the medical unit. I thought he might be able to go home because his legs were really responding to the medicine they are giving him. I was ready to go against their recommendation until last week when everything went south again and he could barely get around. That's when I knew I couldn't take him out of assisted living. I talked to the pain doctor and he'll have his good days and his bad. He needs to stay.

I feel guilty not telling him, but I'm afraid he'll just give up if he knows he's there for the duration. I just hate not telling him.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    It was easier for mom since there was no question on what she could and couldn't do when she went into assisted living. Like yesterday, my uncle was moving around like he did before he went into the hospital and he may remain that way for awhile. Then again, next week it might be totally different. It sucks being old.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah, I think I'm going to skip the old thing. I can't tell you how glad I am I found ecigs and then snus. My dad has copd fairly bad and is tethered to an oxygen machine. I don't want to spend my golden years like that. I watched my mom die from it and it will eventually take my dad. On my last visit I took my sister an ecig beginner kit and a bunch of liquids. She never took to it. I asked her a couple times and she said she had it in her cabinet still. It was an ego kit.

Do you ever use snuff any more roth? I hadn't for a long time and then a couple weeks ago got out a tin of honey menthol. It was one of my early favorites. It had been a week or so since I used it last and got the urge a little while ago. I've been going through a cycle where I'm having some cravings. Not necessarily cigarette cravings but more like I need more nic. I had cut my eliquid down to 20mg a while back and may go back up to 24mg for a little while until it passes.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I have absolutely no cravings for cigarettes, but every once in a while I get that anxious feeling. I carry around this little metal container I found in CVS a couple years ago. I think it is supposed to be a container to hold pills that you put on your key chain. When I get that feeling, I'll take a few whiffs just to mellow out. My favorite is still that dry raspberry menthol thing from Toque. Since you mentioned it and since I'm feeling pretty stressed, I took a few sniffs right now. Thanks, I needed that. ;)

I've been between 0 and 6mgs with sub ohming. I really don't think I vape much for the nic, just the flavor. I think the snus deals with all my demons under normal circumstances.

That woman that I can't seem to persuade to move has finally gotten into vaping. Of course she'g going through e liquid like it was water. She got one of those Sub-VOD kits (and promptly lost it somewhere in the house. I ordered her two from Fasttech one small battery and then the mega. I paid what she had paid for the one she lost. I'm just glad she's getting into it. With all the health issues she apparently has, I don't feel like having to bury her and clean up the mess she's created here.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got my wife a couple of the innokin t18 kits. They really vape nice. I just wish she would vape more often instead of smoking most of the time. Do you get a good throat hit with the 6mg? I've tried some 6mg liquids and the flavor was good but I have to have a decent throat hit.

I did double pinches of honey menthol and then a pinch of honey bee this afternoon. That's more snuff than I've used in the last six months.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    For me it's plenty, but we're all different. If I could get something to mimic the throat hit that the nic gives, I'm guessing I wouldn't need any nic in e cigs. Actually, thinking about it, without the delicious flavors, I'd probably give up vaping altogether.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    One of our regular customers that I know is a vaper stopped in today and started to tell me about the FDA stuff. I told him I already knew about it. I didn't know he had been working part time at a local vape shop. He said the owner was kind of freaking out and bought 4000 18650 batteries. I would think that batteries would be the last thing to worry about right now. This guy I was talking to said we wouldn't be able to get pg, VG, or nic. I told him about places like essential depot that shouldn't be affected by the FDA stuff and I recommended that he stock up on nic like I am.

Users who are viewing this thread