What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yeah, the good old days. I think PACT was another tool to insure smokers couldn't get away from cigarettes. I don't recall what my first order of snus cost, but it wasn't much for a lot. You could order a can of this, a can of that and other cans of other stuff. Not knowing what you might like and not like, the variety was importand as well as making it affordable. Now the best price point is in the $200 area to justify the shipping costs. Fortunately today there are a few brands available locally if you're lucky enough to fine one you really like, Mint.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Mint has been a long time favorite of mine. I bought it when they first started making it. Used to be that you could only get mini mint. Before PACT I rarely used the same snus twice in a row. Over time I learned to get by on just a few. I really like mint and used thunder berry for a long time but now have switched to thunder raspberry. The thunder melon is pretty good too. I just got two cans to start but will get more when I can.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Boy that sucks. I'm glad I've gotten to that point in life that I don't give a crap about all the bells and whistles and have no problem buying used. The refurbished phone I got for less than $200 is just fine with me and the close to $15 a month that I'd be paying for insurance on a $600 plus phone will basically make the phone free in about 13 months. My bill has dropped $80 plus and I added a home phone connect that costs $30 a month so the savings on both phones is over $100 a month from what I was paying for new phones.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    My cable/phone/internet bill is pretty hefty and I really don't need the home phone anymore, but it's such a small part of the overall bill it's not worth eliminating. That plus it seems to keep the unwanted calls away from my cell makes it valuable.

The one factor that makes it tolerable was that it's way less than I was paying when we had no FIOS. My satellite tv and internet were more than my total bill and I was very restricted on internet access. Now I can run movies or live tv over my net access. Before I was pushing my limits with a couple of youtube viewings.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I just had to negotiate with Time Warner last week. They give you a bundle price for tv, internet, and phone but the price is only good for a year so each year I have to call and try to work out something that I can live with. If it was just me then I'd probably cancel cable, sign up with google fiber and just stream shows. My wife wants to keep the home phone as long as the kids are at home but like you said it probably wouldn't make much difference on the bill. I just hate having to make that call each year and getting mad. They initially wanted to raise my bill 25 a month for the same services I had been getting. Instead I cancelled hbo and got the bill back down to just a couple dollars more than I was paying.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    FC, where did they put your dish? That was the one issue I had during winter. Wet, sticky snow put TV out of business. I eventually had to move the dish to the roof and I did some things to protect it so I wouldn't need to climb up there in a snow storm; however, the year or two after it got moved, there was little snow and then FIOS was available.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Roth, I saw the PA tax thread this morning. There was mention of a law suit or two. I don't know if it'll do any good or not but can't hurt at this point. The thing that really blows me away besides the 40% tax is that it sounds like anything you already have on hand is subject to the tax. That's simply ridiculous. Do they really expect to be able to police that?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I don't know but I suppose we'll find out. In no uncertain terms, I'll never vote for my reps again as they both voted for the absurd law. I don't know if you caught the fact that it's 40% on wholesale for registered suppliers and 40% on retail plus shipping and handling for we common folk. Throw on another 6% sales tax and it gets ridiculous. Hopefully someone will fight this. I can't imagine many of the b&ms staying in business between this and the FDA regs.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I don't get it either. They say that they are going to increase revenue but how is that going to happen if all the vape stores have to move or go out of business? If it does take affect then they'll see pretty quick that they aren't going to get that money and they are just going to create a black market. People will be smuggling vape equipment across state borders like they did some places with cigarettes when certain states raised the taxes more than others.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    They increase revenue because vapers go back to smoking.

The dish is mounted on a 4x4 in the yard. The angle really isnt shallow enough to hold snow. We found that a little non stick cooking spray causes what little that does collect to slide off when it gets thick enough.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread