hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well we ended up finding another deal on a different kia soul and are picking it up tomorrow. She's very excited.

I am really wishing that I had gotten a roll of thunder melon instead of just two cans to try. I finally got around to trying the lab 13 that Rebel sent me. It's really good. The price of snus here went back up to 3.99 but that's still cheaper than some of the online stores and especially after paying shipping.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    It's holding steady at 5.29 a can locally for me. I've either missed the latest 1.99 sales or they haven't been running them.

Busy week around here. My girlfriend and I got engaged and her grandparents moved to a place right around the corner from us.

They got a nice little townhouse in a quiet cul de sac, and since they helped us out quite a bit when we first moved, we've been repaying the favor. Fortunately it just needed wallpaper removed, drywall anchors pulled and patched, and a coat of paint. I've still gotta find time to replace a ceiling fan and a couple light fixtures and run a 220v plug for their dryer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Wow, 5.29. I wouldn't hesitate ordering online if it was that much here. I did grab some when it was 1.99 here but not enough. The stores here almost never have more than five cans at a time. I went to three different stores and ended up with about 12 cans.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Congrats to you and your gal Waho!

I haven't checked to see what our snus cost will be now that PA put a tax on smokeless. I'm thinking I'll be a felon and hope they don't find my stash. Hitt, did you ever ask if they could make a special order, especially when it's on sale? Since they order every week, you'd think they could put an order for more if they were sure they had a buyer.

I was surprised to see signs out for Marlboro Cigs when I stopped for gas today. The signs were under $6 a pack. They were that high when I quite and another $1 a pack was just added to the price. Of course, the signs could be wrong and they haven't changed them yet.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks! Got a deposit in for a country club next fall. Give us time to save up.

When I quit, Camels were 6.25 or so I think, Marlboro's a little over 7. I buy my fiancee's (still getting used to that) by the carton and it comes out to about $73.

I sometimes wonder how the heck I could afford them. Around $400 a month I used to drop, enough for my car payment, insurance, and utilities. And that was just smokes, I always ended up grabbing a soda or something from the store while I was there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My wife still smokes too. I bought her a couple starter kits but she never uses them. I offered her snus once and she turned up her nose at it.

Roth, the stores I stop at are a chain and doubt very seriously if they'd consider ordering for me.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Congrats Waho, welcome to the wonderful world of joint checking accounts. Snus around me is about the same as Waho. But it was on sale a few months ago and I stocked up pretty good. Hopefully by the time I start getting low it will go back on sale. I've been enjoying the Thunder ES apple I got on the last order. Good flavor and it lasts quite a while before the tobacco takes over. Also the crafted whiskey by Conny Andersson is very good. I like it better than the Islay, much smoother and the portions are packed full.

I'm looking forward to the end of this heat wave. The humidity around here has been stifling and I'm sick of running the air conditioner. I haven't seen my bill yet and I'm scared. Gonna need to sell a kidney to cover it. :w00t:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    By the time the FDA and States get done crushing e cigs, the only venue in here might be this one. Perhaps they'll change the name of the site to the STF or better, .... (Smokeless Tobacco Forum Universe).

Yeah, we've had so many come and go which is typical in a cause. You'll never get the average American, who was brainwashed about smokeless for all of their lives, to understand the realities of the war on tobacco.

The beauty of snus is that there are no limits. You go into "tobacco free" locations and absolutely no one knows you're not. Hospital? No problem Government buildings? No problem Assisted living like my uncle is in? No problem. Gotta love snus.

Speaking of my uncle, he's not going to be a happy camper. Last Thursday night/Saturday morning he decided to go outside late or early on his wheelchair. Why, he couldn't say. He tipped it over and, fortunately one of the workers found him on the way out at the end of her shift. Then apparently the next evening he was trying to take the elevator again but got caught. So much for his elevator privileges.

He's been complaining about being in prison and now it's going to be worse. I'm hoping I can talk to him and get him to understand the problem and get his privileges back, but he'll be on a short leach from now on.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Being discreet is one of the biggest things that drew me to snus. For example, we had a parent meeting yesterday for the Metropolitan Youth Orchestra that my youngest daughter got into. I sat for about 45 minutes content with a portion in. When we left to go shopping while my daughter had rehearsal, my wife said she wished she had a cigarette. Not me. I have been going to school functions and just about anywhere with a portion in and no one is the wiser. I've been doing it for so long that it's hard to imagine not using snus.

Users who are viewing this thread