hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I saw that. It must be huge! I can't imagine lugging around a mod with four batteries in it. Heck, that movkin Disguiser I won was bigger than I like.

I bought a couple new rda' but so far aren't crazy about either one. I might just stick with tanks.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I had to laugh checking that mod out Hitt. I've been using the same Cloupor DNA 40, the same Kayfun Lite clone, and the same two Sony 18650 batteries for the last three years. I've tried some other tanks, and a couple mods but what I've been using just works for me. I was never a cloud chaser and not much of a lung hitter and I get great flavor from the Kayfun so I haven't felt a need to really experiment. I will have to replace the batteries soon, they are getting a bit wore out. But they last me a full 24 hours or more and still maintain a good charge. So I'll keep using them until they start lagging. Call me old school. ;)

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I wish I could work myself into that routine. I keep buying stuff here and there. I saw the indestructible and mad hatter v2 rda's on sale so grabbed one of each. I still use one kafun lite with my menthol tobacco but run everything else in rta's. I was stuck on the crown tanks for quite a while but am now running a merlin, goblin mini v3, crius, and ammit tanks. The merlin seems to give the best flavor out of the bunch.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I still pick a few tanks up now and then, got a small box full of them, but I always go back to the Kayfun. Heck I doubt I even change a coil more than once every three months. In fact, I know I haven't touched my current coil or wick since my trip overseas in October. I haven't changed or tried any other juice in well over two years (Mister E's RY4) either. I guess I got lucky and found a set up that's perfect for me and what I want from a vape. Of course I still try any snus I can get my hands on, but I still use General Original everyday. Man, maybe I'm in a rut lol?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Some ruts can be good ones I think. I can't imagine going that long on the same wick. I don't go through a ton of liquid and usually get 2-3 weeks out of mine on the kayfun. Good thing because it's a pain to change the coil in my opinion. Now if the kayfun had a velocity style deck then I'd have no complaint. I usually get about the same time out of my other tanks. I've gone completely diy with my liquids and haven't bought any except a little wta in about a year.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I'm pretty lean on the juice usage as well. Maybe a couple mils a day, little more on the weekends. I can sit and vape all day at my desk if I want, but I was never a chain vaper to begin with. 30mils lasts me around ten days which compared to my coworker, who also vapes, is not a lot. He uses a Kangar Toptank and plows through the juice. He could probably could go back to smoking and save money. ;)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm really light. This latest 30 ml bottle is well over a month old and still is half full. I'll put a dropper worth of liquid in my tank and fill it again a couple days later, sometimes a week.

E cigs and snus took me a long way from my 2 1/2 PAD habit, particularly snus.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I never really smoked over a pack a day unless I was drinking. Then the sky was the limit and I paid dearly for it the next day. So glad those days are getting father behind me. March will mark four years since I quit for good. Not one slip, cheat, or drag in that time. Plenty of urges, but even those are getting less and less, maybe a couple a year. Now would be good time to work on the extra pounds I've put on since I quit, but I hate to rush into anything. :p

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, I'm not proud of it but the facts are the facts. I once did the calc on pack years and came out to around 77 pack years of smoking. That was using about 15 years at real heavy, 15 over a pack but less than two and a pack the other 13. How I'm alive at 69 is a miracle considering the abuse.

I'm like you Rebel, once I found snus after 6 months on e cigs, I was able to get away from those last 6 cigarettes (that started to edge up to 8) after 6 months. I'm not sure if I'd be back to smoking had snus not entered my life. On Feb 15th, I'll be without a single drag for seven years.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well after our talk about taxes there was just news on the TV about a proposed $58m middle school to be built in the district adding another $500 to my real estate taxes over the next 4 years and I can almost guarantee that what will follow is a new high school at some point soon after that.

As urban crawl continues, we will become a suburb rather than a rural area. Then there will be the clamor for new and improved roads and more and more commercial development increasing the needs for additional services like fire and police. My little sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle is slowly eroding. As long as the Boy Scouts don't sell off acreage and the township keeps our road gravel, traffic shouldn't be an immediate problem but I've noticed an increase on the numbers of cars using our road to get where they're going.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Michigan decided an increase in vehicle registration fees and another gas tax increase were in order for 2017 so the cost of living in the mitten state just got more expensive. I'm on the fence with the increases, I hate paying more for anything but if the extra funds, which are earmarked for road improvements, are actually used for that then I'm ok with it. Our roads are some of the worse in the country and we are way behind on updating them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Our roads aren't great either. We got a new high school about seven years ago about a mile from my house. To be honest, I didn't really notice a huge tax increase. About 70-80% of our personal property tax goes to our school district.

We got around 2-3 inches of snow overnight. It looked like the road crews hadn't even started when I drove to work. I took a different route from normal that is supposed to be an emergency snow route and you couldn't even see the black top. We've only had one snow so far so we can't be out of snow removal money already. I guess they must have let the road crews sleep in today.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    We're up to $ .58/gallon State tax after this latest increase. With the $ .184 Federal excise tax, that's $ .764/gallon tax. I can remember when it was regularly $ .30/gallon everywhere and the lowest was $ .199 at one local station fairly regularly. For all the money the State collects, you really find it hard to believe the roads are so bad.

According to AAA, we're at $2.64 for regular, Michigan's at $2.542 and Missouri is $2.189. You've got a bargain Hitt. Of course South Carolina is only $2.128. The south just keeps beckoning.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Funny coincidence, I stopped for gas on the way home and it was 2.19. It was 14 degrees with a 10mph wind. I clicked the pump on and was about to get back in my car when I noticed it wasn't counting up. I squeezed the handle as hard as I could and it started counting up on cent every few seconds. I'm not sure if the pump was bad or what but I left and went to another station.

I got home and went to get my snowthrower out of the shed and the lock was frozen shut. I finally got it open and the snowthrower wouldn't start without starting fluid. I'm rather disappointed in this new snowthrower. I've only used it about six hours total and it never wants to start. I'm going to buy some true fuel like my engine shop suggested and see if that helps.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    That sucks Hitt, I don't mind the cold but don't like the bitter cold where things get stuck and don't want to start. We got an inch or so overnight, haven't peaked out but that's what the news said. In preparation, I spend few hours outside cleaning up the drive of leaves and bark accumulated in the wood stack I had off the deck, reloading the wood holder on the deck, covering the wood that will be part of next year's burn and closing up the woodshed for the winter. Then I dealt with bringing more wood into the house and reversing snowblower and bike and making sure I had a running machine.

By the time I was done, I was limping badly yand wishing it was spring.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    7 degrees this morning with a wind chill of minus 10. Nothing new here in Michigan, we deal with it every year. Plus being on the west side of the sate we get the wonderful lake effect snow, which basically means it snows every day. We average about an inch a day, not really enough to get out the blower but just enough to make the drive into work each morning a painfully slow one. I've given up on getting to work by eight, doesn't matter if I leave early either.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    We actually beat you today. It was -2 when I got up with a wind chill of -12. Thank goodness that days like this are few and far between here. It gets cold but not usually much below zero.

I talked to the guy at the engine shop I deal with through work and he said the reason that the new snowthrower is harder to start is that since they changed the small engine regulations that the ports in the carburetor are much smaller and plug up or restrict a lot easier. So, if you've got a good one that was made before the new regulations then I'd hang on to it and repair as needed. I looked online last night and I can get six 32oz cans of the true fuel that he recommended for $34. No more than I need to run the snowthrower that should last me almost forever. It said that it is good for two years after the can is opened so it must be good indefinitely if a can is not opened.

Reactions: The Rebel

Users who are viewing this thread