What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Did you look at the number of rolls at the bottom? When you're ordering 2 rolls, they're charging you for 3 and you're getting one free or 40 cans. If you look at my copy/paste of a 4 roll order, you'd think 4 rolls would get you 6 rolls in return, but you're getting 8. "buy two, get 1 at half price". It must be a Swedish thing, I just put in 1 roll and it came to 20 cans and a cost of $3.73 per can. One thing you might not be doing that I did, click the little thing next to the quantity a couple times. Things don't seem to get updated correctly until you do that. I noticed the shipping didn't change when I was going through the various possibilities. By clicking a second time, everything is adjusted.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Here's what I'm getting now which is different from when I ran the order last night.

Product Quantity Price Amount
    General Mint White Portion 10 pack 43.59 130.78
    General Mint White Portion 15 0.00 0.00
    Discount code:
    Your order will be sent in 1 envelope

Currently 100 grams to next postage level.

You can add further products without added shipping cost.

Shipping cost: 41.25
    Order total: 172.02
    Quantity of cans: 60
    Price per Can: 2.87

I don't understand how they are coming up with 60 cans. It shows 15 extra cans at zero cost.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    As I said, it must be a language issue or, maybe, just bad programming on their website.

I decided to get active with the stock market again a few weeks ago. I've been pretty inactive other than buying and holding some shares for a lot longer than I was used to. It's kind of fun finding the quick hits and keeping the total invested rather low. My goal is to get at least a years worth of withdraws made before I slow down again. I just don't want a lot of money sitting in the market for a correction that might come any day.

I found what I consider a potential gem in GILD. I made a few dollars on it on two buy/sells over the last month but all the technical indicators I use went positive yesterday hoping I can ride it to some decent profits for the next several weeks or months.

Cabella was a big gainer when it got hit hard when the Bass Pro Shops was thought to be dying. I road that baby from the bargain mid $40s to the low $50s then it did a jump to nearly $58 which I missed. However, it's cooling off again.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I wish I was as good at that as you are. I've just got a handful of a few stocks. Mostly winners but the whole pot doesn't amount to much. I've just never had much to invest at one time. I've been doing a small monthly buy through sharebuilder.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    TWIMH has a Sharebuilder account (built on my money until I stopped them from withdrawing from my bank account). Last I looked she's up to close to $20k. I don't know what they charge to sell shares in one stock and buy another but I'll give you a quick education using Stockcharts free charting and loading up their Snap charts. I changed a few of the setting as shown on the bottom of my picture.

As you can see, Cabella went in the tank from December (actually it wasn't moving anywhere before then) to the end of Feb. If you notice what is a black line on the lower oscillating MACD chart, that's the one you can pay attention to in determining if it's time to take profits and either wait for a stock to recover or move into something else that might be more profitable.

As I said in my earlier post, with what I just showed you and the Stochastic oscillator above the price chart and some other stuff I use, I was able to make money buying and selling those little bumps between the end of February thru March, then got the big winner right at the end of the month. I did miss that $4 gap up after I sold out but, as a rule, gaps get filled. I'm expecting that April gap to fill before the down gap in December gets filled. At least that's what I'm counting on. For me, I have to keep an eye on that black MACD signal goes as it approaches the red line.

Fogot to give you the link in case you want to play.

$INDU - SharpChart

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, that's the issue with SB. With only a few shares here and there, you're pretty much locked into hanging in a stock for the long haul. I got into this about 20 years ago after my divorce left me with one rental property and my $70k 401k plan.

Back then the stars aligned. I finally had something other than dial up (SAT internet) and I stumbled upon a now defunct free technical analysis website, Clearstation. I started studying their stuff and started charting my company's stock. I spent about 4 or 5 months buying and selling on paper and decided I had to test my gambling spirit. Not only that, but we were able to move between allocations on a day to day basis, needed for what I was working on.

I could be in our stock for a few days, then either move into one of the Fidelity funds or out to cash if the general market was down. Eventually they closed their funds down to constant trading so I was either in my company or in cash. When I say I was in, I mean a Texas Holdem all-in. I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but over the next 5 years I averaged around 70%/yr on my 401k fund and that was after I took a couple $100k plus hits when the market took a crap on the dot.com bubble and a big lawsuit against my company. Thus the way I was able to retire from the rat race at 55. It was a big, big gamble, but after the financial loss in the divorce, I had to find a way back.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's an inspirational story Roth. I'm doing pretty good so far in my 401k. The stock thing has been kind of a hobby since I never have much to gamble with. I have made some decent profits for no more than I've invested. I paid for some school trips and stuff for the kids with it.

Reactions: Housedag

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got an email from northerner this morning that they were having a sale on V2 brand snus. I don't know if anyone else has looked on their site lately but they don't even carry thunder brand any more. I used to get my thunder berry and then raspberry from them but they don't even carry it any more. I honestly don't know how they keep the US warehouse open with such a small selection of products.

Reactions: firechick

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    They don't carry much at all and their prices suck. It's shame there's no US online supplier to purchase from. You would figure, as snus becomes more popular, sites would pop up. Heck, you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a craft brewery. We're lousy with them, but try and find a decent snus supplier in the US is impossible. May just have to start my own. Charge a little extra per can for reasonable shipping and make a killing...;)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, you have to keep on top of that stuff. LOL At least it's available locally these days.

Well, I might have found my savior this week. I don't know if you remember about me falling on my shoulder three years ago carrying wood in from the shed when I slipped on the ice under the snow. My shoulder never recovered and I figured the only solution would be surgery if I wanted it corrected. Then with the twisting carrying poker tables and my month or so cane days left me with a knee that was clicking and never feeling normal.

Well, during that period I also had this pain in my middle back that bothered me for awhile, then went away until the last few weeks. I had been doing a lot of logging and splitting so I figured it was muscle, but the thought of the big C entered my mind also, so I started getting a bit concerned. Not enough to go to the drug pushers in white coats, understand, but concerned enough to want it checked out.

I stopped by a friend's place to check on a chiro they'd been using since my guy wasn't doing much for things like knees. Who I thought they were seeing was no longer their person. They found this new guy who lives much closer. He also uses a totally different approach and their sales pitch had me contacting him that night.

I went in on Wednesday explaining all my issues but not really feeling he could do much for my shoulder. He too a good 45 minutes assessing me and using pressure on my ear lobe, a laser gun of some sort and some machine that felt sort of like the rounded end of a ball peen hammer but more like hard rubber between my neck, back and down the outer muscles of my left leg. That was strange because I was feeling the pain on the inside of my knee.

When I got up I felt a bit unbalanced, but walking around I felt pretty good. He said something about me getting used to my new posture but I didn't quite understand it until the evening. By then, I was doubling over from back spasms, terrible. I finally found a wood rocker that I could sit in that let the muscles and me rest and by 10 or so, I was able to lay down and fall asleep.

When I woke in the morning I felt like I had half a load on the night before but that went away fairly quickly. The first thing I realized was my knee felt at least 95% normal, if not 100% and it still feels that way. My shoulder, although not that good, is at least loose enough for me to be able to raise it above my head, I'd say about 75%.

My back still has issues, but it's less concentrated and much more comfortable. It's the best I've felt, overall, in three years. I spoke to the guy that told me about him and he said see how you feel in a month, that I'll be amazed. I'm amazed already.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's awesome! I'm glad you're feeling better.

I took my youngest to see my oldest daughter in a play she was in. It was a little over three hours each way. I don't much care for road trips anymore. I do however love snus. I went over twelve hours without one draw on an ecig which is very unusual for me. Didn't even really miss it that much.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Not sure I'm liking this new me, at least in some aspects. I weighed in at just over 195 today, but that extra weight was apparently a good insulator. I wasn't this cold all winter and it's warmer in the house by 3 or 4 degrees.

The witch doctor seems to be doing alright for me though. My knee is pretty much normal (90% anyway), the pain in my back is gone for the most part and my bad shoulder is better. That may or may not get close to 100%, we'll see. I even left his office on Tuesday, hooked up the trailer and loaded up two trailers full of rounds, about a cord and a half, brought them home and unloaded them. I was tired as all get out, but not much worse for the wear. Then yesterday and today I split enough to fill up the rest of my wood shed.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Work has been brutal this week. Five hours straight replacing a rotor and stator on a generator Tuesday and four hours straight replacing a reactor and stabilizer on another generator. Finally caught a break today and got some light bench work.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Sounds pretty ugly Hitt. I've been hitting the snus pretty hard lately. Don't know if it has something to do with the diet but I seem to be using a lot more portions and hitting my e cig more also. I topped off my tank on Wednesday and I'm going to need to refil probably tomorrow. For me, that's quick.

Users who are viewing this thread