What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Well, another six hours spent, not including three hours driving time, but the wheelchair lift is waiting on the deck to be completed and wheelchair to show up. Sure hope it all comes together before it's too late. This became quite the challenge in getting it out of her enclosed porch though.

I was concerned with getting the stationary portion out of the slider. I'd taken the slider out before, but not the stationary, but we never got that far. We couldn't get the rollers to adjust down low enough to lift the door out. The right side finally cleared but the left rollers were off by about an eighth inch. Then it looked like if we could get the stationary out, we may be able to pull it outward so we went to take out the screen and we found the second issue. A low ramp was built for the 3-4" drop to get into the drive. A very nice little ramp except they built it too close and too high on the one side of the platform portion of the ramp that the screen couldn't be pulled out. It was about that time the lady of the house got her mechanic neighbor to help. We struggled with it for another half hour or so and decided the only solution was to disassemble the lift.

By the time we were done, the biggest part of the 400 pound lift was down to only around 300 pounds so a bit more manageable but not we had a lot of pieces. The guts of the lift were accessed from the panel that sat 2" from the wall and it was good we had her neighbor there. I had a sawzall but he also had a tool I didn't even own, a circular cutting tool that we needed to cut off the anchor bolts that held the lift to the concrete floor. Don't know what we would have done without that device.

Then we got to use the neatest little ramp I ever saw to get those 300 pounds loaded onto my trailer and the lady gave it to me. It's only about a 3-4' long by maybe 18" wide. However it folded out length and width wise to 8'x3' or a little wider. It was perfect to lay on top of my drop ramp and run the lift up into the bed. Tied everything down and all we had to do was drive home and reassemble. We both agreed that would need to be done immediately while everything was fresh in our minds.

At least if we have to sell it, we can offer it at two prices- one for the unit and one for the unit and moving it for them. All in all, a successful day.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
On a side note, I got a couple Reduce Cold-1 24 oz. hi-tech aluminum cups last year for my Can-Am but never really needed them. I pulled one out Thursday and again Today. I filled it this morning with ice and water and refilled it with water 5 times now but the same ice from before 8AM. Still cold 12 1/2 hours later. I don't expect it still to be cold after 24 hours but I'm impressed thus far.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
This email crossed my path today as a response in the Aroma thread-

"A family friend gave me and my SO some Aroma unflavored WTA to try. Neither of us has had an analog in over 3 years but have been using the occasional snus to provide that "something missing".

Wish I had known of WTA sooner as it works as well (or better) than snus and can be added to our
ADV's in small amounts. Haven't needed the snus at all since adding in the WTA.

Aroma WTA is a great product and should be tried by anyone who is not getting what they need
from regular ejuice. Thank you."

I'd be curious to see how long that lasts.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    As a wta and snus user I would say that once the new wears off that they'll be using both. I don't use much wta any more but always keep a bottle of aroma on hand. I remember when Dvap first sent me some wta to try before aroma was selling it. I didn't go completely off of snus but it considerably cut my usage.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm with you Hitt. I think it depends on what level of depression is in your physiology. I wonder about the gal I wrote about that went manic. She was a smoker, then I got her to switch to vaping, then she gave that up too, but started on depression meds. Then they got the meds wrong and is now on Lithium.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hey, most hit men have guns.

I loved those Cold-1 cups so much I ordered two more larger ones. For years I've used a big souvenir cup (actually several as the handles broke over time) I got going to Penn State games. I guess they're officially retired. The ones I bought are 30 Oz as opposed to the 24 Oz I bought for my bike.

I filled these yesterday morning about this time and other than adding water added no additional ice and the water is still cold.

Reactions: hittman

analog_free_2014

Aug 5, 2017
    This email crossed my path today as a response in the Aroma thread-

"A family friend gave me and my SO some Aroma unflavored WTA to try. Neither of us has had an analog in over 3 years but have been using the occasional snus to provide that "something missing".

Wish I had known of WTA sooner as it works as well (or better) than snus and can be added to our
    ADV's in small amounts. Haven't needed the snus at all since adding in the WTA.

Aroma WTA is a great product and should be tried by anyone who is not getting what they need
    from regular ejuice. Thank you."

I'd be curious to see how long that lasts.

Why do you say that?

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Our company actually upped our vacation time this year so I got two extra days and a floating holiday on top of my regular time. I use most of mine during the summer so I don't save much for the colder months. With the extra time I can actually take the week between Christmas and New Years off this year. Plus I have to use it or we lose it if we have any left at the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread